50 coaches online • Server time: 18:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Welcome Newcomers - ...goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
neverborn

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

as far as i am aware that is not possible, technically speaking that is

i dont think the website can roll back games that have been played.

It could also be a decision from the people who run the site to punish people who break the rules, rather than just warn them when it is something as serious as giving away free spps. If that became systemic then it would ruin fumbbl, so i would understand if they wanted to take a hard line
Trog

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

On the subject of disciplinary action for ANY rules violation. Be it game fixing or abusive language, unless said player advertises it in the main chat, the general Fumbbl community will not hear about it from the admins other than it was addressed. This is how it should be, much to some people dissatisfaction as they would prefer a witch hunt.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

retiring the team for playing down on a first offense i way overboard but its apparently the rules they have in place, we just gotta live with it if we want to use thier service to find games...
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Gertwise wrote:
Quote:
Arranged games (ie. playing to lose) will not be tolerated. The same applies for coaches allowing each other to score extra touchdowns and all other SPP generating events

If you look at the game with the most TD's, you'll notice that one coach is placing the ball so that a touchback will occur almost every time so that the other coach can score a 1 turn TD. What happened to those 2 teams?

Both teams were retired, even though there was no agreement to let each other score before or during the game - in effect one coach had his team retired for something beyond his control (by the rules, you cant play to lose - so if he is left an easy way to score, then in an effort to win the game he must right?). Anyone here can start a fair game and just let their opponent score, thus breaking the rules and condeming both teams to retirement.

Unless you're playing an admins team that is. Rolling Eyes

Jahira played a weak halfling team with her str 300 dwarves... were they retired? Of course not. Maybe admin should be more vocal about what they do and why they do it so everyone can judge better what the interpretation of these rules are.
neverborn

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

there is every chance we didnt hear anything about it

again, make sure that you report all sus games, i assure you that anyone who plays dodgy games will be reported, especially admins, christer has a big stick with a nail in it for admins and monkeys who don't do the right thing.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

BloodbasherMasher wrote:
Mnemon wrote:
You as a player and part of the community are as responsible for making this a friendly and worthwhile place to be in as we are.

Hold true to your word Mnemon and please do something about sogogi.

What tells you we didn't take action? I just looked at his file, and yes, he has been dealt with. Posting a FORUM thread to inform us about people misbehaving is not the correct way to do this though. I can understand your reason, but - and I presented that opinion before - doing this as a public witch hunt, will not help the case. Every form of "misbehaviour" is not a public issue, but only a problem between two specific coaches - as such I much prefer it is solved between those two (and some admin if help is needed) then in a public discussion. The reason for that is, that public witch hunts simply to often lead to a emotionally biased discussion that is unfair to the one side or the other.

Regarding rule breaks, violations, and "punishment". I oppose all these terms, and I know I am taking a fairly singular stand with that opinion among a number of admins. I don't think punishment serves any solution whatsoever - especially not as long people don't understand what happens. I attempt to explain why a rule is in place if it has been violated in the first place and reason with people. Again, though, that is my personal agenda, and I only have a limited amount of time to give to this site, so I do skip on starting discussions with people and let others handle it if I simply don't have the time.

Our society and education sadly is based around terms like "rules" and "punishment", and I am afraid we all will have to live with things like this for a long time still.

-Mnemon
DropDeadFred

Post 13 Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I was The dwarf team that played the flings, as most coachs on Fumbbl they want a challenge i thought he was challenging himself, E.G dreadclaws halfing dwarf bashers, witch dwarf coach would turn that down?. if he is willing to play the dwarfs why shalt the game not be allowed not if i lied to him about anything..........
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Drop dead, it was both of our dwarven teams...he played two dwarves in his two games in open...so the dwarf teams get auto retired and his halfings are still around (though they are in tournament div now). I don't disagree that it was a uphill battle for the flings to win either game. It was a bit unbalanced. The only real disagreement with the admins are that they retired my (and your) teams as a punishment...plain and simple that is what it was. It was, IMO, the wrong step to take. They could have taken the game from my record...it isn't impossible...might be harder to do than push one button and retire a team..but it shouldn't be impossible at all.

I, like you, did not play the game in 'bad faith'. I played to win, and it seemed the flings were trying at first also. IMO, it wasn't an 'arranged' game at all. Yes, it was an unbalanced game..but the rules allow for an occasional unbalanced game.

But then, why do I keep coming back here anyway? I like the game of bloodbowl..I like the fumbbl system for the most part. Its the arbitrary rules of the admin that get to me on occassion. Apparently, some rules carry a much harsher penalty than others. A coach, known for his abusive language and behavior is allowed to continue playing with a virtual slap on the wrist (and I'm know I'm not the only one that has complained about him), yet playing one unbalanced game gets your team retired. Also, the way the admin treated the retirement was a bit...aloof. Basically, after some conversation about the game, he said, 'Ok, that team is retired. Don't play unbalnaced games in the future." No warning, no options, nothing..just Ok, your team is gone, have a nice day!

True, it's a game, but I do expect some fairness from those in charge. Maybe publishing the penalties for rule breaking would be good...I don't really know. I do feel that retirement of a team should be done as a last resort before banning the coach, not a first response.

(sorry to keep complaining about the abusive coach, but even several weeks later, his behavior in our game makes my blood boil)
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="GorTeX"]IMO, it wasn't an 'arranged' game at all. Yes, it was an unbalanced game..but the rules allow for an occasional unbalanced game.[quote]

I dont know how many times this have to be quoted with not cutting the line like you tend to do:
Code:
Coaches are expected to play reasonably balanced games. Play against lower rated teams is allowed, but should not be abused.
Arranged games (ie. playing to lose) will not be tolerated. The same applies for coaches allowing each other to score extra touchdowns and all other SPP generating events.

Look at your game and think why.

On lesser cases of tr/str differences you do get warning. On harsh cases where you are blatantly breaking them you do get team saced. There is too much rule breaking in Fumbbl with this many coaches and games that we would like to just slap on your wrist when you should know better. That would lead into situation its expected that every coach can freely break the rules once in month or so. This is NOT why the rules are there.

What comes to why or how admins have delt with another coaches is beetween admins and those coaches. In most cases you dont know all the things affecting actions on other coaches. In couple cases mentioned in this thread there is more to know information that is available for admins when deciding on actions to be taken.
Ayahuasca

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

But why oh why do halflings even play in the OPEN div? I manage to block me a CAS on a trollslayer in the dwarf team... I TRIED to hurt him, but if you ever played with halflings you gonna see that that is more or less IMPOSSIBLE... the halfling team IS just a bloody joke and if you so concerned about unbalanced games in the open div or divX, dont have halflings on the list when coaches chooses team...
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Ayahuasca wrote:
the halfling team IS just a bloody joke and if you so concerned about unbalanced games in the open div or divX, dont have halflings on the list when coaches chooses team...

Thats why we have team ratings and teams streght ratings. Normal coaches who are here to play balanced games also buy treemen to their roster.

If youre considered that halflings are just joke, do please check http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=teams&group=&order=&nav=1&race=7
to see what halfling teams can do when theyre played some other way than "to see if I can get my halfling team into bloody pulp"
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Please also note that a halfling treeman is the second highest blocker in fumbbl.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=183715
whitey

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

If you look at the top rated fling team on piekko's list he regularly played down 50+ TR?
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

whitey wrote:
If you look at the top rated fling team on piekko's list he regularly played down 50+ TR?

Take a look at str.
Ayahuasca

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2004 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

hey freak in a rock... like a treeman or 2 matters in the match anyway... it doesnt help the halflings much if they play a normal team like humans... and those treeman are probably from the stunty league... hey there they mash anything cause there is nothing there can block THEM down there
 Jump to: