31 coaches online • Server time: 13:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

skoberget wrote:
I tend to use my Greater horrors as blitzers. 1D with block/tackle is usually a better deal than 2D without block/tackle if you are trying to break into a cage - also 3+ dodge (with dodge skills) works better than 3+ leap which is the usual case for getting into a cage.

I don't think greater horrors can cage break on a 3+ though as they are not stunty, you need a standard horror for that.

I've got an hmp flamer, probably not the optimum build but loads of fun when the bugs don't kick in and their movement/strength makes them a decent sweeper too.
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Few things I've noticed when playing horrors:
-Sidestep is nice for setting jump up blocks for next turn
-Bombs can cause massive damage against stunties
-Bombing no hands/boneheaded/prone players is best because you get autohit on them since they can't catch
-Target bombs several squares away from friendlies and only reroll fumbled bombs
-Place a few tacklezones with sacrificial horrors and bomb a high priority target like a ballcarrying squig hopper
-but most of all have fun, because the team is random as all heck Smile
skoberget

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

My bad - forgot about them not having stunty...
With horns they make a good Str 3 blitz though (even if it's not for cages).

I gave one of my regular horrors disturbing presence too, he's usually in proximity of where I will attempt to throw my bomb so make it more difficult to catch/intercept. And it also messes with the opponents attempt to throw it back since they usually have stunty+disturbing affecting them.

And as Stonetroll said - bomb those no hands players like it's no tomorrow (squigs are favorite targets but all ball&chain players are really good too - since they are 100% of the pitch for the drive (at least))
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

no one said anything about diving tackle on horrors?
-they start with jump up, so they can recover after a dive.
-since they have very little movement, they can't hope to catch a running speed freak. but they can make his life a hell, and you should force your opponent to roll as many dodges as possible.

side step, prehensile tail and diving tackle is way to go for no less than 3 horrors, in my opinion. sure feet as well, assuming a stunty could live long enough Very Happy

firewyrms and flamers are, first of all, the people doing the dirty job on the field. first they should bash, and lately, drop the bombs when it's not dangerous for them.

Jump to: