22 coaches online • Server time: 08:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2014 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Small thing, but a point of elegance for the interface––

The "Deactivate" button on the Black Box activation page should properly be labeled "Deactivate All Teams" or "Deactivate All", because this is what it does (unless I am hallucinating).

Otherwise, at face value, it seems like it would be the inverse of the Activate button, whose function is related to the specific teams you've ticked/greenlit, when in fact there is no connection between the Deactivate button and the teams you've selected.

It has happened to me a few times that I activated all my teams by accident, and then realized I only wanted to activate one. I assumed that what I was supposed to do was tick the teams I wanted to deactivate, and then hit "Deactivate", but recently I realized that when I did this, I was taken out of the draw completely.

Anywhoo. As I said, perhaps more for elegance/precision than fixing a major stumbling block, but I thought I'd mention it.
CharlatanXIV

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2014 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Secret league teams. Items creation we can give for homemade league.

CPOMB nerf.
albinv

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2014 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

What is all the secret league stuff about btw? It seems it completely slipped my attention...

Many shiny ideas and fancy wishes...all unlikely to happen. While i sneaked in here, i may leave one suggestion though at least that seems pretty down to earth:

A client issue, but still: if a player crashes make the turntime clock stop to prevent abuse, it also just seeems logical to do, almost as something that has been just forgotten (i myself have been waiting for a crashed opponent to come back when i was about to score on his offence only to be timed out).
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2014 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

It already does stop. The problem is sometimes it can't tell a player has crashed. If they time you out in this situation report it to an admin.

Post 14 Posted: Jun 28, 2014 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah! Thanks once more Garion, always a source of knowledge!
Yes, i think i should have reported the guy...he was a win allover i feel - next time.
buuface

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

secret rosters secret rosters secret rosters
buuface

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to Gorion and Co for all the hard work
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

An AI to play against would be nice, or to help fill out box games, when box is thin on players.
Kam

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

An AI in a competitive division? Oo

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:

This is what Academy should be IMO. Using the GRod Bot with the new client. That would be an awesome feature.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing wrong with competing vs ai's. Having some competitive ai's might be fun. Also as an option for academy does sound nice.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see a PBEM-like division, [P], where you start a game that might take a couple of weeks to complete. You take one turn at a time when prompted by PM for exmple.

that's how many smartphone boardgame-apps work for example
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Zlefin wrote:
Nothing wrong with competing vs ai's. Having some competitive ai's might be fun. Also as an option for academy does sound nice.

There are no AIs competitive enough for a competitive division.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod bot would be good for academy imo. Sure its not perfect, but at least people could get used to the client, icons, skills etc... before playing real people.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Kam wrote:

This is what Academy should be IMO. Using the GRod Bot with the new client. That would be an awesome feature.

The bot would need a lot of work first.

Jump to: