38 coaches online • Server time: 15:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
baelnic

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2013 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
baelnic wrote:
WhatBall wrote:

TT league support - An L div where games can be played on FUMBBL and/or uploaded manually. Could work in conjunction with custom leagues and draw in more coaches.

That would be cool. It might solve my problem of not being able to play TT

Eh? You've got it the wrong way around, haven't you?

Nope. I like the guys around here locally but I don't have time to play at the hours they like to play. If we could play online, I could still play in their league (and socialize with them) and they could still have their league nights.
fangbanger

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2013 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

put "piling on" under fouling, were as the user can be thrown out by a REF

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2013 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
2010-03-01: League. Our division for player-run groups and tournaments. Currently in third place in terms of games played, this is a very important division to me. I have a number of improvements for this division high on my priority list. And to give you a carrot for taking the time to read this blog, I'll give you a little idea of what I'm planning to do. I want to add support for custom rosters, a way to allow groups to set up custom starting constraints (less than 11 players, variable treasury, free skill rolls), support for tournament prizes, and some improvements in communication abilities. As you can imagine, this is a pretty major undertaking and as such it will take a fairly considerable amount of time before this is in place (and it'll most likely be rolled out in small pieces). In terms of the division's position on the site, I want to give League a bit more space as I feel that it's been shadowed by our other main divisions. While the planned changes will undoubtedly create a lot of noise in terms of very small groups that go nowhere, the more successful groups and tournaments are a fantastic asset to the site, and I really want to promote these further.

Christer wrote:
2012-02-16: League changes
This project is quite large and involves giving leagues much greater flexibility. What I want to do is to give league organisers the ability to set up custom rulesets (progression, rosters, prizes) for their leagues and tournaments. I've given more detail on this in an earlier blog.

This is a singificantly complex project and is currently still in the planning phases. One thing I want to ensure is making it easy to connect groups and share rulesets and allow teams to move between these groups. This could for example be used to separate divisions in a larger league, or allowing multiple leagues to share popular rulesets. Again, complex and fairly far from completion.

Thanks for all the hard work & effort you put into this site Christer Exclamation
Donation made, gold status re-established. Very Happy
It's been a very long wait, please, please let 2014 be THE year we get this Exclamation
OR
Santa, if you're listening, we'd all like this please. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2013 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree about the number allocation for raised zombies. My league team just got a zombie in #1 pos the rest are at the bottom.

I will probably sack him, anyway. But it's a good idea. Can you do that with journeymen? I think when you hire them you get to choose their number.
Zed

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2013 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

- All bugs relative to tree taking roots and ttm solved

- Pitch logo support

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2013 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Custom Leagues/rosters/skill allotment
Custom icon & pitch support
team logos show when using game finder
HMP bomb bugs patched up
TT league support - An L div where games can be played on FUMBBL and/or uploaded manually. Could work in conjunction with custom leagues and draw in more coaches.

And more donations to FUMBBL for Christer for his awesome work!

This!

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2013 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

baelnic wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
baelnic wrote:
WhatBall wrote:

That would be cool. It might solve my problem of not being able to play TT

Eh? You've got it the wrong way around, haven't you?

Nope. I like the guys around here locally but I don't have time to play at the hours they like to play. If we could play online, I could still play in their league (and socialize with them) and they could still have their league nights.

I think the feature requested was that using FUMBBL to log in results played on other formats.

I.e. they use FUMBBL to store results they played on TT. Otherwise, they might as well make a League on FUMBBL. Or am I still missing your point?
Espionage

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2013 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

My list?

Eliminate Piling On

Introduce compulsery diversification rules to the Box

Bring SelfSelf's 50%chance to choose a skill, if failed choose again and roll for option 2.

Fix HMP/bomb bug.

I have been good this year...
Tomay

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2013 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

- Stunty in [L] in some form!!!!
- Ability of league administrators to make small alterations to rosters
- More tournament options in scheduling and the ability to change spiralling expenses
- A "new coach" list

Last edited by Tomay on %b %19, %2013 - %09:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2013 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I think the feature requested was that using FUMBBL to log in results played on other formats.

I.e. they use FUMBBL to store results they played on TT. Otherwise, they might as well make a League on FUMBBL. Or am I still missing your point?

Being able to play some games online, that would have been played TT otherwise, would be good. I've thought of that too once when I couldn't attend my TT league.

This is already possible in test mode, but it takes too much time to add all the skills and they can't be saved...
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2013 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhh then that would come under custom rosters.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2013 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a 'drunk-o-metre'. A coach can adjust a bar (green being sober, red being paralytic).

This appears for forums and match ups. So in the forums, other coaches can discern how relative the comment was, to the drunks eerrr coaches soberness.

Also for match ups, in the event of an awol (or in the field we say 'pulling a manbush/brasky) coaches are aware of the situation and what is going on.
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2013 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Create a Table Top Divison. I will keep this brief.

TT div would allow these functions.
1)Most TT tournies are swiss so we will use that as the main tournament setting for this example.

2)Each round the Admin can set the TV value for each round of play.

3)The Coaches at the end of the round need to rebuild their team to the TV limit set up for that round.

4)Admin has optional rules to enable for limits on skill choices and so forth.

Then once the frame work is set up.

Have someone man the captain chair of the TT divison. He can set up TT tournaments (Majors,minors). Coaches could set up their own TT leagues.

Now the big one.

I know there are a lot of NAF members on FUMMBL. Set up a sanctioned NAF TT league and have it set up that the NAF can run sanctioned TT tournaments on FUMBBL. Heck go hog wild, set up NAF rankings for online TT tournaments.

Get the TT members coming to FUMBBL through the NAF TT scene who want to play online TT events. Thus they will then be introduced to FUMBBL at large and hopefully in the end increase the participation rate across ALL divisions.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2013 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Create a Table Top Divison. I will keep this brief.

TT div would allow these functions.
1)Most TT tournies are swiss so we will use that as the main tournament setting for this example.

2)Each round the Admin can set the TV value for each round of play.

3)The Coaches at the end of the round need to rebuild their team to the TV limit set up for that round.

4)Admin has optional rules to enable for limits on skill choices and so forth.

Then once the frame work is set up.

Have someone man the captain chair of the TT divison. He can set up TT tournaments (Majors,minors). Coaches could set up their own TT leagues.

Now the big one.

I know there are a lot of NAF members on FUMMBL. Set up a sanctioned NAF TT league and have it set up that the NAF can run sanctioned TT tournaments on FUMBBL. Heck go hog wild, set up NAF rankings for online TT tournaments.

Get the TT members coming to FUMBBL through the NAF TT scene who want to play online TT events. Thus they will then be introduced to FUMBBL at large and hopefully in the end increase the participation rate across ALL divisions.

GW will ofcourse rejoice!!
Beerox

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2013 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:
- Fix Spiked Ball Bug
- Fix HMP Intercept Bug
- People who don't donate jack squat change their ways.

1 more wish:
A per thread posting limit. So many of these threads get strung out by 2 or 3 guys bickering. I am beginning to understand why they get locked all the time.
Just limit the replies to 5 or 6 or something, and smack down anyone who breaks the rule.
 Jump to: