19 coaches online • Server time: 04:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

4/2/0 first season (including a draw against the scorpions) for the Anvils was a much more impressive showing than I had anticipated. A shame they won't get to grind some elves into the mud in the bowl game but they'll make do with what they're given.
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2014 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Tonight the Bulls take on the Pugilists from the Penisular, the Norscan Buccaneers. Can they overcome the hard hitting Northmen in one piece to keep their Bowl chances alive or will Bulls fans be seeing Red? Tune in to find out.

Tomorrow night the showdown everybody's been waiting for: Bulls vs. Bears! What will be on the line in this Epic match? A spot in the Red Bowl game and the chance to represent the Mighty North, or just pride as these two Surprise Juggernauts of the CBBA tear into each other for the ultimate bragging rights?

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2014 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone know where rangey is?
BeefyGoodness

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2014 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Finishing up the season posting a record of 3/2/1 has left the Yetees coach impressed with what he though was an excuse for an excursion and excessive drinking from his players. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves though" the coach is warning as the competition may stiffen up in the next draw significantly.

Go the Count!
Tyra_Nid

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2014 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

ULTHUAN BULLETIN
Disaster strikes for the Phoenix! After a season of regular performance, in which the premier CBBA team took back it's rightful place at the top of the ladder, a key player has died in the final game of the season. "Tahlodr wasn't with us for long - he was a new recruit this season - but was showing significant promise, as would be expected by any player of high enough caliber to join the Phoenix," Coach Tyrai noted. "His was a truly noble sacrifice, taking a rough block for the good of the team, in order to quickly secure the ball against our rivals from Chrace."

With not long to go until the Championship game against the Scorpions, this death leaves a gaping hole in the Phoenix line-up. "Normally we would wait until the off season to select and train a new candidate for the roster. After all, with our skill we could out-finesse most of the amateur teams in this bush league even with five of our rookies," team captain Moranion Jnr scoffed.

However, after a less than impressive finish in the previous season, it appears that Coach Tyrai is not willing to take any chances, especially against the impressive Scorpion roster. Rumours suggest that one of the team's aides has been seen taking to the pitch with Phoenix players during training. When asked for comment, Coach Tyrai smiled and simply stated:
"No decisions have been made yet, but I can assure you that even our most junior team staff could outplay a clumsy human 'veteran'."

With the stakes higher than ever for Coach Tyrai, and huge pressure to perform from home, will the risky appointment be the right one?
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2014 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

WOLFENBURG WAFFLER:

After the disappointment of missing their 2nd round conference stoush with the hard hitting Norscans, the Bulls and Bears have engaged in a singularly bloody affair for the first half of their final round game.

With 4 CAS and multiple KOs between them both teams are set in their course to prove it is they who are the hardest hitting Hard-men from the North. The completion of the game has been held up after the half time medicinal ales for the walking wounded grew into a team wide bender for both teams and a carousing weekend.

Now nursing hang overs both teams are sleeping it off in preparation for the deciding 16 turns. One thing is certain, the sore heads wont lighten the loads being delivered in those hit ups and it remains to be seen, will either team have anyone left to contend the Red Bowl match?

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

CRISIS IN THE MOOT

The board of Mootland University are desperately trying to negotiate a contract extension from Coach Karnov, Eat, Beat, Repeat reported this morning. Speculation is rife that the out of contract coach is seriously entertaining offers from at least two CBBA franchises scheduled to debut next season (pending a coach appointment). Quill is already in hand…

When asked why Coach K would ever consider leaving the Fighting Cocks, the Green Dean of Mootland University responded:

“Coach K feels that a league-wide power creep has affected the performance of the Fighting Cocks. Tieless last season, the Cocks are struggling to field a side from match to match. He blames an insufficient bench size, lack of a powerful big man (at a time when we are seeing ogres, were-bears and a soon to be introduced weapon of mass disruption running riot) and general CBBA dismissiveness of the issues at hand. Regardless, we have all been loading up on Black Shroom coffee, and will remain in discussions until an outcome is decided. Expect an official comment in a day or two.”

We here at Eat, Beat, Repeat plead to the owners of other CBBA franchises and their fans to pressure on CBBA leadership to find a way to assist the Blacks Cocks in a return to semi-relevancy.

Without Coach K, we fear that the Black Cocks will disappear back into the mossy folds of the Moot.

Eat, Beat, Repeat - Monthly.
Tyra_Nid

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Give Flings a treeman, imo.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I reckon they should get either...

1. Given the moot team's popularity (in the background), they can hire a star player of their choice every match . Kind of like guests for the A League. Because it is a University, uou could call it an alumni competition or something? Exchange students even.

2. That plus a Treeman.. Given the rest of the squad with people getting lots of tackle, they really do need help. As an example, Averheim's match with them was a massacre because of my guys with Tackle being basically impossible to stop.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I think something needs to change with the halfling side. Due the nature of the draw, sides are at a large advantage who are in their conference.

I don't think Trees or Stars don't fit the fluff but it is the lesser of two evils.

Either that or eliminate flings all together :-O

One more suggestion I have for sides....

The thing about 7's is that is a low reroll base, skills that reduce turnovers are gold.

And with only 7 a side, getting players off the pitch is gold.

I think the dwarven sides have a huge advantage having both block (reducing rerolls made) and av of 9. Combine with access to str skills on their linemen (MB) I feel it is unbalancing. I know they have a movement of 4 but I still feel they are far ahead of the curve. I personally feel they need to either
a) lose a reroll
b) lose their positionals
c) both

sorry faulcs

PS. the prospectors with their longbears, runners on mv9, and access to leader... best side out there! no one has drafted yet? crazy... Smile

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 05:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget longbeards having tackle. With so many taking dodge due to the format, starting with block and tackle is gold.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:

I don't think Trees or Stars don't fit the fluff but it is the lesser of two evils.

How's "Teen Ulf" Ørjan Nyland's studies going? Wink
polemarch

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 07:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I think the flings should be at least 1 tree. If they had a tree in the first place the I would have been the mug playing them not Karnov.

The tree makes the TTM option a viable 7s play. Personally I believe that 7s is about scoring lots, not boring running drives and on 1-0 or 2-1 results. Therefore I think a bonus points system like in Super Rugby would help the league. 3 TDs gives you a bonus point and 5 gives you 2.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Give them access to Zara...

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

polemarch wrote:

Personally I believe that 7s is about scoring lots, not boring running drives and on 1-0 or 2-1 results. Therefore I think a bonus points system like in Super Rugby would help the league. 3 TDs gives you a bonus point and 5 gives you 2.

+1

Re: 'flings - they're always going to struggle, yes. Perhaps power creep is an issue and they have lost a lot of relevancy with ++ tackle and dorfs into the league. That being said, giving them access to a tree might solve an issue (or at least give them access to some form of 'quick score' option.)

Unless there is a way to give them a free bribe each match? Fouling is still the way to go with 'flings, I reckon...

Re: Dorfs - Limit them in some way, possibly. I like the idea of them having just one positional each, perhaps...