81 coaches online • Server time: 21:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2014 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
Can I suggest that we go back to 3 seasons for players? Looking at Scorps and Phoenix, and comparing to the newer teams, I really think the original set-up was better.

I guess I agree, that being said if the scorps & pheonix don't trim their sides, season 5 will be the opposite as they will have new players & the newer sides won't.

Still strongly feel the dwarfs need a reduction Smile

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
polemarch

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2014 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

that was a good game to watch on replay....congrats to the Phoenix. Deserving winners of season 2.

a good 7s game and both teams were always in the game. RNG! all looked normal to me Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2014 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Awards and roll call will be done either tomorrow or the next day.

I am reluctant to make knee jerk rule changes.

I think the dorfs are fine, they're slow and will struggle against certain teams. There's a little bit of a rock, paper, scissors environment in CBBA which is somewhat intentional and I quite like. Even if one team type is OP, they have to beat the other teams of their race to make the final, where anything can happen and will quite often have a bad matchup. The Phoenix had a cracking season, but still almost fell short vs the Scorps.

Faulcon had a lucky season in terms of dice and draw. I will keep an eye on the dorfs next season when we have 2 teams.

The 4 season career span is intended to benefit humans the most by design. Their players take longer to skill up than elves and are probably more dependent on having a few good players. Again I will keep an eye on this, but I think it will really start to show in season 4.

I will repost the off season procedure tomorrow and we will begin running through it. There may be some coaching changes during the off season, so keep an eye out. Also, make sure your player BIOs are up to date.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2014 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Post Season Procedure

At the end of each season the following events occur in order:
1. Roll call of existing coaches
2. Existing coaches can indicate intention to apply for new positions
3. Update available positions
4. Add new coaches and confirm team selection
5. Coaching applications for left over teams
6. Conferences finalised

The roll call is issued via PM on the FUMBBL forum. Coaches must indicate their desire to participate in the next season by replying to this PM. If a coach is going away but will be back in time for the season to start, they should notify the league administrator beforehand.

During the roll call phase, existing coaches have the option of looking for a contract with a new team. To do this, they must notify the league administrator using the PM system on the FUMBBL website. If a coach does this, their team will be added to the available positions.

Once the available positions have been updated, new coaches are added to the league. New coaches are added in groups of 2 to keep numbers even, except in the case of 22 players, where the limit is extended to 24 as there is no method for balancing conferences at 22. Any odd coaches will be added to the substitutes list.

New coaches then have the opportunity to confirm their team selection based on the available positions which are updated to reflect any newly available positions.

Existing coaches who have made their intentions to seek other positions then have the opportunity to pick a new team from those available. If more than one coach is seeking a position, the coaches will be ordered roughly based on their success (relative to the team’s expectations), their commitment to the league and participation in “fluff”.

Finally, the conferences are finalised and the new season can start.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2014 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It wasn't a knee jerk comment there Tomay, Tyra & I had been discussing it for a while.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2014 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:
Semitence wrote:
Can I suggest that we go back to 3 seasons for players? Looking at Scorps and Phoenix, and comparing to the newer teams, I really think the original set-up was better.

I guess I agree, that being said if the scorps & pheonix don't trim their sides, season 5 will be the opposite as they will have new players & the newer sides won't.

Still strongly feel the dwarfs need a reduction Smile

It's more that I feel the gap between the "have" and the "have-nots" is getting bigger. Cockerels, Outlaws are going to fall further behind the more seasons teams have under them.
polemarch

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2014 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

well no-one is expecting the Cockerels to ever amount to anything as is. is that a bad thing, can someone be a better coach than Karnov, does the CBBA really care?

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2014 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the knee jerk comment was at me

That is all fair enough Tomay, can't wait to next season.

Once again want to thank Tomay for organizing it all.

GO URLSO!

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Tomay

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2014 - 06:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The knee jerk reaction comment was not aimed at anyone. I am just explaining my general approach to rulings (one we also use in swl). I like a good sample size and strong evidence of imbalance before I make drastic changes.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2014 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah no worries. I guess I was just surprised when it was extended to four seasons after the first one.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBA AWARDS NIGHT SEASON 2
The Awards Ceremony is the biggest night of the year for everyone involved in the CBBA. The Ceremony starts with the announcement of the All Star Team. Then the CBBA Player Awards are given out to the individuals who have earned them throughout the season. Finally, the event culminates in the crowning of the Bowl Champions.

It gives the opportunity for the players to celebrate after a hard season. More importantly, it gives the fans of the teams a chance to compare their stars with the legends of the past and hope that their favorites get the acknowledgement they feel they deserve.

The CBBA ALL STAR TEAM SEASON 2

Blitzers

Thukar Redhorn – BVU Anvils & Wolfgang Reinhart – RSU Scorpions

Usually you want raw power from the Blitzer position, especially in an All Star team littered with scoring potential. That said, no one can deny the impact Thukar Redhorn had on the season, leading his team to a Red Ribbon Bowl with 7 touchdowns and a ton of rushing yards. He also proved on defense that he has the ability to hit, knocking out a few players and grabbing himself a casualty. Given that there is so much scoring potential, the second position had to be devoted to some hitting power. No one in CBBA has the potential to inflict damage like Wolfgang Reinhart – striking fear into his opposition all season. This is the second appearance for Wolfgang in the All Star Team. His critics have noted his lack of success against the Griffins, but in the other games this season he lived up to his potential when he was tipped to be the breakout star of the season. Certainly the Scorpions wouldn’t have had the success they did without him.

Thrower

Gunoren Springthorn - ALU Great Eagles

For the second season in a row Gunoren has earned the CBBA All Star Thrower position. Although there was hot competition for the position, Gunoren dominated both categories of passing yards and completions. His team did not experience the success it did last season, but that certainly wasn’t his fault as the standout player from the Eagles.

Catchers

“Magnificent” Clint Kimble – RAU Griffins & Orist Faelyn – Ulthuan State Phoenix

He might not be the flashiest player, but Clint Kimble has strung together two very solid seasons to become known as Mr Dependable throughout the CBBA. This is the sort of player that any team would love, a catcher they can rely on to break through and get the tough score. Seeing as though the first position was taken by a nuts and bolts player, the second catchers spot needed to go to someone a little more flashy. Introducing Orist Faelyn, perhaps the hottest talent in CBBA – with his big match plays in the big games. He has proven that he has the versatility to score touchdowns when required, throw the ball when trapped and inflict damage uncharacteristic of his position. He certainly secured his spot with his 2 touchdown performance in the CBBA Bowl Game against the Scorpions.

Linemen

Sven Rednose – Norscan Peninsula Buccaneers & Ruben Kristiansen – Urslo University Bears

Everyone's favorite All Stars are the linemen. They aren't quite so flashy, but boy do they put in work. No one has put in more work this season than Sven Rednose in terms of employing dirty tactics. On replay, Sven was the clear leader in the art of the sly boot, certainly a tactic that is underappreciated. The second lineman position is taken by another norsemen, although the Bears did not reach the heights of the previous season, Kristiansen was equally as consistent. Charged with the duty of scoring for the Bears, Kristiansen managed to break the 100 yard rushing mark for the season and scored 5 touchdowns.

CBBA PLAYER AWARDS SEASON 2
The greatest individual accolades a player can earn in his amateur career.

Sigvald “The Magnificent” Liefdort with 27 SPP

Gunoren Springthorn with 39 Yards from a whopping 10 completions

“Magnificent” Clink Kimble with 7 touchdowns.

Thukar Redhorn with 127 yards.

Per Murdersacker with 6 casualties.

CBBA BOWL WINNERS SEASON 2
Without further delay, the moment we have all been waiting for – the crowning of the CBBA Bowl Champions and the awarding of the Red Ribbon.

RED RIBBON BOWL WINNERS
Barrak Varr University Anvils

…..AND…..

!!!!!CBBA BOWL CHAMPIONS SEASON 2!!!!!!
Ulthuan State Phoenix

~~Confetti~~

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

"Insider Gossip"

Whilst he may have made the All Star Team and won the Passer Award for the 2nd year in a row, the future of Gunoren Springthorn is poised on a knife edge. Known for his agility and strength of arm, Gunoren had blazed a trail in the CBBA based on sensational pickups and lightning like passes to the Great Eagles catchers. Alas in the final game of the season against the Nordrak College Manticores, Gunoren suffered a broken neck which has brought him back down to the mortal realm, his godlike agility no more.

Although the school is debating whether his welfare should come first and a life post bowl bowl which will not be dependent on the quick pickup and pass, the coach is more pragmatic. "Gunoren has done 2 of his maximum 4 seasons, without this injury he would have been an automatic starter. His busted neck means that not only does the team have to start the season short, but there is a good chance that a rookie throw could develop to Gunoren's level within a few games"

So watch this space!
Smegish

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Big news here in Nuln, where the college reports that the Gunners have welcomed coach Smegish to lead the team. In the shocking press release today he declared that he will be dumping the entirety of the current team and starting fresh, a move which has angered more then a few fans and reporters but he remains adamant that a fresh start is needed. Also reported was that many members of the current squad were not meeting their scholastic requirements and were ineligible to play whether the new coach wanted them or not.

*OOC* I made the team, but Fumbbl insisted I make it with 11 players, how do I go about unreadying them so I can dump #11?

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you have to play the intro game against Tomay to finalise team.
polemarch

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

that is exactly right!