91 coaches online • Server time: 21:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the NBFL Power Rankings! You can find past rankings in the official NBFL thread. Biweekly rankings will be posted here. Discuss away, folks!

Week 5 Power Rankings
The theme this week seems to be a blurring of the lines. Who's a playoff team and who's not are clearly topics to be worked out in the future. So I'm not going to split the teams up by some extant logic, 'cause I don't think that's applicable: the extra line every four entries is for readability. If you're within 10 spots of somebody, that means I think you can beat them without Nuffle.

1. Houston Texasaurus (3-0-0, 1-0-0 AFCS/1st). Houston gets an expansion Dorfinapolis squad next, then a pair of soft speed-ball NFCW teams framing a falling Tennesse squad.
2. Minnesota Wolfkings (3-1-0, 1-1-0 NFCN/1st). The only thing not to like about this team is their schedule: Detroilet, Pittsburgh, Cleveland.
3. San Dogo Chompers (2-2-0, 0-1-0 AFCW/t-1st). 2-2-0 is sort of a disappointment with the soft half of the schedule done. Flashington, Denver, and Oakland remain.
4. New York Jetz (3-0-1, 1-0-1 AFCE/1st). The bitter Brasky pill swallowed, the Jetz get a rare recovery game against Buffalo, then some NFCS elfball with Lothern Bay and Carolina.

5. Nawlins Angst (3-0-1, 1-0-0 NFCS/1st). Losing to the Jetz was okay: in fact, losing to New Angryland would be okay, but I think they'll win. Losing to Carolina or Lothern Bay would be bad....
6. Cleveland Drowns (3-1-0, 2-0-0 AFCN/1st). Finally, the AFC North is respectable! The Drowns see a lot of Necromantic action this series, with the Weres' first NBFL game, followed by Sandcinnati and finally a challenge in Minnesota.
7. Green Ball Attackers (2-1-1, 1-1-0 NFCN/3rd). This division will be terrifying when Oryx gets up to speed. For now, mighty Green Ball struggles, with three bash teams to play in Pittsburgh, Detroilet, and Baltimorc.
8. Seattle SewerHawks (3-1-0, 1-1-0 NFCW/1st). Seattle surprised everyone with their fast start. I don't want to say it's an illusion, but they've benefitted from a soft schedule. Houston and Assassinville will see to that, and this could make the series finale vs. Arizona a tough challenge.

9. Fangsas City Chiefs (2-1-1, 1-1-0 AFCW/3rd). Those Vampires are scary. Oakland, the New York Antz, and Flashington await. Of those three, only Flashington really hits hard, but anything can happen.
10. Flashington Redheads (2-1-1, 2-0-0 NFCE/1st). A tough cross-divisional series and a division full of expansion teams: what's not to like? The last 3 games, that's what! San Dogo, Dallas, and Fangsas City should pose a stiff challenge.
11. Detroilet Sewer Lions (2-2-0, 0-0-0 NFCN/2nd). The cross-conference games are done, and the table is clear for Minnesota, Green Bay, and Chicago: here we thought N stood for "North" but clearly it means "Necro"!
12. Oakland Elf Raiders (2-0-1, 0-0-0 AFCW/t-1st). Oakland has a back-loaded division schedule, with Denver next, then Fangsas City, Philhalla and San Dogo. In other words, they're just getting warmed up.

13. Denver Mile Under Club (1-1-1, 0-0-1 AFCW/4th). It looks like last year's champs got figured out somewhat. Still, they'll compete for playoffs, and have Oakland, Dallas, San Dogo and Philhalla left to play.
14. Carolina Black Panther Party (3-0-1, 1-0-1 NFCS/2nd). Losing to Atlatl is the only mark against the Black Panthers, and they seem to be rebounding. Miami, Nawlins, and the Jets remain, and all three can deliver a bashing.
15. Pittsburgh Pirates (2-1-1, 1-0-1 AFCN/2nd). The Pirates have long rested at op a placid division. Those days are over, as they learned this week. Green Bay, Minnesota, and Sandcinnati wait. Ouch.
16. Dallas Dendrophiliacs (2-0-2, 0-0-1 NFCE/2nd). These characters are dangerous, but this is the time of the season when they need to shine: after Denver, Flashington, and New York, there may not be a lot left.

17. Atlatl 'N' Falchions (1-2-2, 1-1-1 NFCS/3rd). Holding the Krakens to a tie with three missing Saurii was impressive. More impressive will be if they overtake Carolina again after beating them up so bad just two weeks ago. Buffalo and New Angryland are "winnable" games, but they're also more important for Atlatl than they should be.
18. Miami Krakens (2-1-1, 1-0-0 AFCE/2nd). What a great dark-horse story. They've lucked a lot, and may come to earth, but 2-1-1 for expansion Pact with a hard schedule is impressive. Carolina is a big test, and New Angryland and Buffalo should be fun challenges.
19. St. Louis Lambs (2-1-2, 1-1-1 NFCW/2nd). Watch this space. These guys could break the top ten if Lady Luck doesn't go to sleep on them in the second series. Dorfinapolis is manageable, and St. Louis is an okay matchup for Houston, even if that is a little scary.
20. New Angryland Bulltrots (2-0-2, 1-0-1 AFCE/3rd). Are the Bulltrots putting it back together after last year's tragic Superbowl hangover season? Magic 8-Ball says "ask again after the Miami game." Before Miami, Nawlins. After Miami, Atlatl. After that, we'll know who the Bulltrots are... this year.

21. Philhala Amis (1-1-2, 1-0-1 NFCE/3rd). A tie against the Chompers is nothing to sneeze at, and they won the first round against Dallas. Losses to Flashington and Fangsas City are acceptable at this point. Remaining are New York Ants, Oakland, and Denver: tough but doable.
22. Tennessee Titanz (1-1-3, 0-0-1 AFCS/3rd? Now 2nd, I guess). Oh how the mighty have fallen. Perhaps it takes longer than I thought to build a good Orc team. Houston is next, then Dorfinapolis. A sweep of both would set the stars aright, but Houston will be a tough out.
23. Arizona Undercards (1-2-2, 0-1-0 NFCW/3rd). This team is wily and tricksy... but a bit on the splooshy side. Ban Francisco and Seattle represent opposite ends of the spectrum, but are also both division rivals. This could get interesting.
24. Ban Francisco's Footy Fighters (0-1-3, 0-1-1 NFCW/4th). It's not easy being green this season. Ban Francisco was always going to have a tough time of it, but at least they tied Seattle. Are they putting it together? Arktoris might caution Keggie to be patient. Indy, Arizona, and Jacksonville left... at least they won't be hopeless.

25. New York Ants (0-0-4, 0-0-1 NFCE/4th). They've played hard against good teams: the Ants won't be drafting first next season. With games against Philly, Fangsas City, and Dallas to go, there's a chance the Ants could get their first win soon.
26. Lothern Bay Bolt-Throwers (0-2-3, 0-1-1 NFCS/4th). I'm still not sure about WingedHuman's building, but he's been getting into the swing of the team. The Jetz and Angst could send them spiraling hard, though.
27. Sandcinnati Bengals (1-0-3, 0-0-0 AFCN/3rd). The Bengals had a hard time with the NFC North, sure, but they can still give their division trouble. Baltimore is next, then Cleveland, then Pittsburgh.
28. Baltimorc Waaaghvens (0-0-4, 0-0-2 AFCN/4th). The Waaghvens have taken a bad beating, but they can recover some dignity against Sandcinnati and Chicago before Green Bay runs circles around them.

29. Buffalo Hillbillies (0-1-3, 0-0-1 NFCE/4th). This team is already toast. Maybe Norse can work in this environment but I don't think the Hillbillies will win much this season. The Jetz, Atlatl, and Miami finish the series.
30t. Dorfinapolis Drunkards (0-0-0, AFCS). Welcome, Iron-Fist! May your Deathroller's Bribe rolls always come up 2+!
30t. Chicago Weres (0-0-0, NFCN). Welcome, Oryx! Hold on tight, and you'll shine in Season XII.
30t. Jacksonville (0-0-0, AFCS). That was... unfortunate.[/b]

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The titans lack elf handling skills which have been the bulk of our opponents. we've been building for cpomb teams.

Rest assured, more shadowing and tackle is coming.

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2013 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

You'll get it together, Ark. These streaks, they happen.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2013 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ohoho! Some changes afoot! It looks like there won't be a huge player quality dropoff for the Jacksonville franchise, as they're just changing the coach and not the squad! Also, I got confirmation from Jeffro that teams carry their inherited records, which I think is sort of silly. So....

17. Jac'Sun-Ill Dark Stars (3-1-1, 1-1-1 AFCS/2nd). Out goes Smeat, in comes Elliott_The_Lame! I'm sure Cyric612 and keggiemckill will give him a warm welcome, heh heh. I've specced Elliott and played Smeat, they're both solid, and about the same level. Elliott will lose some SPP (and a kicker, heh), so he's a few steps below where Smeat would have been.

Everybody below OTS loses a JRPR, sorry. K, not really sorry. Play better.

31t. Chicago (1-0-4, 0-0-2 NFCN/4th) has already beaten Cleveland: Baltimore can't like that omen, and Detroilet had better take notice. This team will rise, unless Miyuso holds them down. Playoffs? Nah. But Oryx will do better than Loraxwolfsbane did.

31t. Dorfinapolis (0-2-2, 0-1-1 AFCS/4th) has already tied top-ranked Houston. Both these teams have impressed in their first games, and with Ban Fran, St. Louis, and Tennessee on the menu, Dorfinapolis can get in position to compete in the second series. This is good, because Iron-Fist has big shoes to fill.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2013 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

no Chicago, and the "Bears" would make an awesome blood bowl team. what a shame.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2013 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

We have a Chicago team, we just had some recent turnover. The current (very new) occupant is Oryx, with the Chicago Weres. Before that we had the Chicago Blitz (modeled on the Chicago Bliss rather than on the Bears) and the Elfigo Ears before that.

The Weres inherit the Bliss's two losses and two forfeits this season, so they're not really a playoff contender without a lot of luck. But I've played Oryx and he's excellent. The division is tough though: Happygrue, Ritzi, and Lorebass.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2013 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

didn't see. my bad. GO CHICAGO!!! You have a new fan. We will find sacrifices and spare gold if you need it.
oryx

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2013 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Why thanks~!

It's good to be in the division I'm in... plenty of competition, without the annoyance of pure clawpomb to go up against. (Anyone can beat clawpomb with a good build and solid play, but win or lose, you're probably dropping 30 tv).

Tempted to keep Necro, but chaos are also calling darkly to me...

And there's a nice Chicago Bears theme in there, too. (a kodiak, grizzlies, and brown bears?)

At any rate, while it would benefit me more to lose *all* of my games this season, I just can't go out that way, so I'm going to make a run at an unbeaten streak a mile wide... here goes... =D!!!!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2013 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranking the Divisions
8. NFC West. A flood of new teams makes this division soft. Racial balance doesn't favor the division's expansion teams or bode for much bloodshed. Still, speed wins....
7. AFC North. Long the weakest division, the arrival of the Cleveland Drowned ups the overall potential. There's a lot of bash here, but the wins can be had.
6. AFC East. This is another bashy division that can be beaten. Expect to take some hits playing them, though.
5. NFC East. There's a lot of new blood here, but these teams are all explosive, grindy, or both.
4. AFC South. Houston is the 900-lb lizardman in the division, but don't fall asleep on, well, any of the others.
3. NFC South. This division is always tough, with a variety of good teams.
2. AFC West. This is a murderer's row if there ever was one.
1. NFC North. Show me a team that's not flat-out scary.

I think this means that the softest schedule is probably Houston and the hardest is probably the New York Ants.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2013 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
We have a Chicago team, we just had some recent turnover. The current (very new) occupant is Oryx, with the Chicago Weres. Before that we had the Chicago Blitz (modeled on the Chicago Bliss rather than on the Bears) and the Elfigo Ears before that.

Typical Chicago confusion. Who's the QB? Who's coaching? Did anyone really just call that play!? What is this ball thing, and why does everyone keep shouting at me?

Not that I'm biased...
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2013 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:

Typical Chicago confusion. Who's the QB? Who's coaching? Did anyone really just call that play!? What is this ball thing, and why does everyone keep shouting at me?

Not that I'm biased...

And previous Chicago regimes faked injury, too... and they don't mow their grass so it slows down opponents... AND!.. (just FYI) Bears are pink-tutu-wearing hairy homosexuals. Not a dig... just a fact.

(a fact that's a dig Wink)
Nicodemus1

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2013 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Ranking the Divisions
7. AFC North. Long the weakest division, the arrival of the Cleveland Drowned ups the overall potential. There's a lot of bash here, but the wins can be had.

1. NFC North. Show me a team that's not flat-out scary.

AFC North is leading the combined div. against NFC North... just pointing out that AFC North maybe is'nt the weakest div. after all... just because team quite more often then in other div. does'nt mean that it's weak. The Conf has had the highest amount of BloodStain-remover in the NBFL for quite a while.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2013 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

meh pitt has been weak for years, gettin bye on beating up on a pathetic division!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2013 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

They did just beat the champs....

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2013 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder what the NA upset of NO will do to the power rankings...

I wouldn't move either team anywhere frankly, NA was lucky as hell they didn't get beat 3-0.
 Jump to: