54 coaches online • Server time: 20:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ulthuan Invitational X discussion thread

The Warpstone Open is about to finish and the teams in the Ranked divison are getting set to sail for mighty Ulthuan for the second major of the Ranked Season.

I will be teleporting to the venue right after the WO is completed and taking my residence in the posh 5 Star Ramada Dragon hotel, penthouse suite as usual. Ready to start up another smack down in a major.

Teams are chomping at the bit from their early exits from the WO. Confident that NUFFLE has been appeased and will not take a dump on them in this major. Hopes are high right now for a lot of teams.

Now lets talk about the UI and applying your team.

The UI is set up with two sides of the qualifier. You have the "light" teams and the evil and vile "dark" teams.

Be sure to apply your team to the right qualifier.

The Ulthuan Invitational Light Qualifiers are for the following races: Amazon, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, High Elf, Human, Lizardman, Norse, Slann and Wood Elf. There is a Team Value (TV) minimum for this tournament of 1650 TV. Teams will be given a spot in descending TV order (highest TV teams first).

If your team is one of the teams descibed above APPLY HERE >>>>>>> Light side qualifier

The Ulthuan Invitational Dark Qualifiers are for the following races: Chaos, Chaos Dwarf, Chaos Pact, Dark Elf, Goblin, Khemri, Necromantic, Orc, Rotters, Skaven, Undead, Underworld, Vampire and Ogre. There is a Team Value (TV) minimum for this tournament of 1650 TV. Teams will be given a spot in descending TV order (highest TV teams first). Only teams from the [R] division may apply.

If your team is one of the teams decribed above APPLY HERE >>>>>>>>>Dark side qualifer

OK now that is out of the way there is something else you need to be aware of.

These elfs are high and mighty. They think they are better than the rabble of the rest of the world. They do not suffer chumps, low TV teams and goblins. So what does that mean?

This is the one major that DOES NOT TAKE ANY OVERFLOW OF TEAMS. There will be 8 qualifiers with 8 teams in the Light and Dark qualifier. So that means ONLY 64 teams will be admitted into each of the 2 qualifier groups. 128 teams TOTAL split between the Light and Dark side.

The top 64 Teams in each qualifier group will be accepted on TV. HIGHEST TO LOWEST.

So if you are running your team in the 1600-1700 TV range there is a chance you will not make the cut and be invited to play. Be aware of this and act accordingly when you are getting your team in shape for the UI.

Lets have some fun speccing the show down in the Warpstone Open. Then turn all our attention to the UI and get set for the second major of the year.

Last edited by PainState on %b %06, %2014 - %17:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The Agility Monsters are on their way. Can't miss one of my two favorite Majors, even with moving house and other stuff going on (RL is overrated). Smile

The Monsters are in bad shape though and I can't really do much about it. Maybe they amuse Nuffle enough to allow them to win a game or two before they tumble back from the island.
At least their TV is still decent enough to enter - which is part of the problem *coughs* spiraling *coughs* expenses...

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Grimsby Town are already on a boat to Ulthuan. Hoping this is the one to unforlorn humans. They've been hitting the 'roids and I think they look pretty good for it. Bring it on!!
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to bring my Scale Models to the noclawbutsnowtrolls party, but they're stuck in the XFL against a noshow opponent. Malodorous Malefactors just lost their only clawpomber, so they're not exactly in majors condition, so I think I might bring my Skaven to the dark side, though I should probably try and get 1 more TD on that 28 SPP stormvermin first (and of course see my team implode while trying). An outside option would be to boost the TV of my Normal Lizards and bring them.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
I'd love to bring my Scale Models to the noclawbutsnowtrolls party, but they're stuck in the XFL against a noshow opponent. Malodorous Malefactors just lost their only clawpomber, so they're not exactly in majors condition, so I think I might bring my Skaven to the dark side, though I should probably try and get 1 more TD on that 28 SPP stormvermin first (and of course see my team implode while trying). An outside option would be to boost the TV of my Normal Lizards and bring them.

I'm pretty sure Royal Cookie Crumble will be available in time.

I'm surprised you don't know that... or maybe you are bluffing.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

It will be interesting to see who shows up to defend Humanity in the UI this year.

Last year the UI had a very large amount of Human teams show up. This major and the GLT do seem to be the best majors for humanity because of the format. It gives them a very slight advantage compared to the other 3 formats.

Last year Humanity went to the final 4. Cinecutre almost put humans across the finish line but came up short in the semi.

Of course the interesting part of the UI last year was Cinecutre took down the Buccaneers in the qualifier final. Also 2 other qualifiers in the light side had humans in the qualifier finals. There were that many human teams of quality to go that deep.

So in the end last UI there were 4 Human teams to make Qualifier finals in 3 of the 8 groups.

Is this another year for a deep run to unforlorn humanity?

Last edited by PainState on %b %06, %2014 - %18:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Oly1987

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The question on everyones mind is will Bucs make the UI after the loss of Krikack?
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Oly1987 wrote:
The question on everyones mind is will Bucs make the UI after the loss of Krikack?

Buccaneers are primed and ready..We are on the coast of Albion right now reaving a path of destruction on our way to the big island.

We found this monster of a ogre just chomping at the bit to join up.

Gorjo the Grimm they call him. He is big, mean, nasty and has a very evil disposition..I have a good feeling about him.

Of course we still need to run the gauntlet of a few more prep matches. Get Gorjo that first skill, round out some blitzers and get my Human wardancer to 76+SPP to finsih out his build.

So we will show up golden or beat down and beat up and primed for a first round exit.

Last edited by PainState on %b %06, %2014 - %18:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah! My Goddesses will definitely show, complete in their Sunday Best.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw, I´m fairly sure no WOOD team would be ready for a major immediately after playing another major all the way to the final.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Fleetfoot's Revenge will be flinging inducements round like confetti as they attempt to defend their crown. http://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=493844
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
Chainsaw, I´m fairly sure no WOOD team would be ready for a major immediately after playing another major all the way to the final.

Well this would be interesting.

Royal Cookie Crumble wins the Warpstone open and takes no RIP or SI injuries.

They show up at the UI back to a 15 man roster, they get back their MNG guard lino.

Then they do not spend their cash on inducements..make 10K+ in winnings and get there second Wardancer back.

Then they get 3 mutations thrown on top of them which count 30TV each, 90 TV total.

So the Crumble would blow into the UI with a 16 man squad, 3 mutations and a TV of 3010 !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we will be seeing the Cookie Crumble go for the coveted BACK TO BACK majors victory.

And plus how epic is that? a 3010 TV, 16 man wood elf team just stacked to all get out in skills and mutations.

If you do not get a little excited about that you are dead or some CRP drone who says that is a dumb way to build a team.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:

And C3I2, I'm fairly sure you don't know what you are talking about. Fortunately PainState explains it for you i.e. short of a total dicing in the WO final, RCC are going to be very high TV.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Rookie WD? No injuries? I don't think 3 mutations will that big a difference, although one right placed claw might help a little bit vs Tiny Steel Hammers...
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
Tiny Steel Hammers...

I was about to say that the Hammers seem to be on the back burner in Azures stable of teams and then I saw this prep match gone horribly wrong.

The Doll house is smashed into kibble bits

I suspect Azure was going to bring the Doll House instead of the Hammers but he might not have a choice now.

Now I wonder if Azure is going to be able to make the UI this year, he missed it last year.