52 coaches online • Server time: 16:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
What's the deadline for applying? Can't see it anywhere

Draw is Wed. at around 22:00 BB time.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Walpurgis 2 are trying to get in shape for the UI but once more, their coach is failing to keep them safe, just needing to play for the win. So our second Wardancer Prue is AV6 now and that's really not good, not good at all, but what else can you do but bring her anyway?
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire her after the first game in the UI (or get her killed) and play with the inducement money. Wink

Edit:
By the way... with TW being much closer to TV these days, how about accepting the teams in order or TW instead of TV? Would take some pressure from teams that have players missing and still account for the greatness of a roster in general, even if not for the first qualifier game.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
** Milford travels down memory lane **

As I was re reading the ancient and deep history of the UI I ran across a old post that just made me laugh.

I will share with you this post from the UI VIII thread.

Dhaktokh wrote:
PainState wrote:
** Milford from the UI **

Why is this thread not stickied yet? The WO was closed out over 4 days ago which in BB time is like 6 months.

Oh my this fine stuff has me all frazzled, Iam sounding like some media-personality diva. Someone give me one of those coconut drinks with a really long straw to calm down.

hahaha, I love you milford, and you know that! best threads ever created in my opinion.

Hehehe, aye, that is a good memory!
Unfortunately I don't think the dressers will be ready in time so I need to get something else cooking... Or play like a fool on Saturday...
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2014 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Or just drink my coconut drink...
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
** Milford turns over the pages of the dusty UI History book **

lowest / average / highest:

Light: 1740 / 2052.6 / 2480
Dark: 1660 / 2071.7 / 2710

Those were the TV ranges for UI VIII qualifing.

Goddesses weigh in around the average. Any other big elf teams coming to play?

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
C3I2 wrote:
Tiny Steel Hammers...

I was about to say that the Hammers seem to be on the back burner in Azures stable of teams and then I saw this prep match gone horribly wrong.

The Doll house is smashed into kibble bits

I suspect Azure was going to bring the Doll House instead of the Hammers but he might not have a choice now.

Now I wonder if Azure is going to be able to make the UI this year, he missed it last year.

Azure's prospects aren't looking any better after this game for TSH: 2 slayers dead, a blitzer retired and the ST4 tent-monster -AVed: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3543446

Azure, as they say in your language in the boxing bars around Madison Square Garden in New York: Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wow... now if that isn't a thing to celebrate: A legendary troll slayer, most fearsome and relentless of his kind, and his young companion finally met their destiny and fulfilled their vows*. Redeemed!

Still: My condolences, Azure.

* On the other hand, as it were dwarves that put them down, another conclusion comes to mind: Maybe someone got the impression that Aidan wasn't really going after his doom anymore, but enjoying Blood Bowl too muck?

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
the_Sage wrote:
I'd love to bring my Scale Models to the noclawbutsnowtrolls party, but they're stuck in the XFL against a noshow opponent. Malodorous Malefactors just lost their only clawpomber, so they're not exactly in majors condition, so I think I might bring my Skaven to the dark side, though I should probably try and get 1 more TD on that 28 SPP stormvermin first (and of course see my team implode while trying). An outside option would be to boost the TV of my Normal Lizards and bring them.

I'm pretty sure Royal Cookie Crumble will be available in time.

I'm surprised you don't know that... or maybe you are bluffing.

Yes, they will be... but bringing woodies to the side with no claw, but plenty of Mb tackle... meh. Also, if I should win, they will have mutations assigned to them, but probably not have received them yet (judging from previous years). If that's the case, I'll certainly freeze the team until their rewards have been sorted: I'd hate to lose a player before he gets his mutation.
I might bring them if they lose or have received their mutations. However, even then: if my scale models were available, I would bring them in a heartbeat.

PainState wrote:

Buccaneers are primed and ready..get my Human wardancer to 76+SPP to finsih out his build.

I love how you rolled the Bucs into a completely different style of team now, after you decided to go all-J-men and got that hunk of flesh cauterized off!

thread wrote:

I was about to say that the Hammers seem to be on the back burner in Azures stable of teams and then I saw this prep match gone horribly wrong.

The Doll house is smashed into kibble bits

Azure's prospects aren't looking any better after this game for TSH: 2 slayers dead, a blitzer retired and the ST4 tent-monster -AVed: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3543446

Holy #$(^$... that'll take more than one recovery match. I suspect we'll be either seeing a LOT or very little of Azure between now and Wednesday.

Hitonagashi wrote:
I'll probably toss the Sibilant Snakes in.

Wow, that's a SOLID team, per the 2 expendable sauri model. If there's not too many unlucky perms on the not-expendable ones, and your legend makes it through, I could see them have a good shot at unforlorning liz. Too bad your legend oneturner skink didn't have an AG in addition to his 2 doubles and 2 +MAs!

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
Does Fan Favourite give you a +winnings because of the +FAME, whether you win or lose?

No, it's +1 FAME for everything but winnings.

Rabe wrote:
Retire her after the first game in the UI (or get her killed) and play with the inducement money. Wink

Edit:
By the way... with TW being much closer to TV these days, how about accepting the teams in order or TW instead of TV? Would take some pressure from teams that have players missing and still account for the greatness of a roster in general, even if not for the first qualifier game.

Meh, only if the problem of MNGs and their replacing J-men both being counted is solved in my opinion. Missing out on a majors because someone else got their loners and MNG players added to their value would suck so hard...
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Right... that would indeed suck. In that case I'm all for TV. If one suffers multiple MNGs in his "last prep match", then at least he can blame himself or NUFFLE and doesn't focus his frustration on other coaches or even tournament staff.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Bluwood wishes Bo Danger had Mighty Blow with his Tackle to help Blackwood clear a few more elves out of the way, but Big Ben is bringing the team as is.

At 2160k we should make it in, and prep games to add more Mighty Blow are too risky.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Last year semifinalist Spirit Breaker will be looking to take the island by storm again.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Since I'm a notorious dreamer, I took a good look at the prizes and contemplated on who I'd give those great artifacts:

Talisman of Eilai (Two Heads 20TV):
Baruk "Sinful" Faithchanger (blitzer with Guard, Fend and Dodge)
or
Groin, Brother of Garumbar "The Fallen" Lighthammer (deathroller with Dodge, Guard, Grab and -ma)

Boots of Var Cor (Leap+DP 30TV):
Bornar "Firehurler" Runeblade (blitzer with Kick, +MA and Guard)

Ring Of Nuffle (Fan Favorite 20TV):
Brumbas Soildigger (167 games old blocker, Nuffle worshiper and last original team member) - although I'd probably let the fans decide and hope they pick him Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

As a registered fan, Brumbas has my vote. Now go forth and get those items!

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2014 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe there is a badge for consistently fouling with the highest player:

I’ll Show You How - Foul every turn with the highest spp player left.
 Jump to: