15 coaches online • Server time: 07:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2014 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to play halflings in the coming season of the Swedish League and I'm not sure what inducements are best.

So far I've come to the following conclusions:

* Always Chef if possible. Bribes if 100k left over, babes if 50k.
* Deeproot, Morg and berta are good.
* Willow is bad? not even block... never had any good experience with it.
* Never tested Zara or Puggy but they seem 0k, Zara against undead (or as BC).

What do you more experienced fling coaches say?

Last edited by Roland on %b %20, %2014 - %00:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2014 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

yes willow is crap, puggy is a bit crap too sadly.

deeproot and morg are awesome, take both when you can.
Zara is awesome too.
Take a chef every game even though it is a bit crap now. Apart from those inducements you want bribes and a wizard.
bertha I dont bother with.

The other inducemenets arent really very useful in comparison, though if you have all those inducements listed above and still have money to spend then take babes.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2014 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

oh also, go for this starting roster if you are playing rookie teams -
•2 Treemen
•10 Halfling
•1 Re-roll
•Total 600k

If your opposition teams are already developed add another rr or 2 , an apo and another fling.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2014 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
oh also, go for this starting roster if you are playing rookie teams -
•2 Treemen
•10 Halfling
•1 Re-roll
•Total 600k

If your opposition teams are already developed add another rr or 2 , an apo and another fling.

Yes, that's the roster I used. Wink
No skills yet though.
Too bad you can't fire apo...
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2014 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
yes willow is crap, puggy is a bit crap too sadly.

deeproot and morg are awesome, take both when you can.
Zara is awesome too.
Take a chef every game even though it is a bit crap now. Apart from those inducements you want bribes and a wizard.
bertha I dont bother with.

The other inducemenets arent really very useful in comparison, though if you have all those inducements listed above and still have money to spend then take babes.

Thx, comfirms mty conclusions, but I found berta 0k in the game I tested her. I kind of like BT+dodge.
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2014 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

she is okay, I have taken he a few times, but I would rather have zara than her for example.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2014 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
she is okay, I have taken he a few times, but I would rather have zara than her for example.

ah, I see... thx for the tip.
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

hired Zara yesterday, was not dissapointed Very Happy
Almost won vs Nurgle Shocked

The league is starting today and many of the other teams are more than 1000k above my TV Very Happy I look formward to see Morg and Deeproot in action B)

btw garion, have you written a halfling playbook yet?
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

nope, one day I will dont worry Wink

There are plans afoot for something pretty cool in the future. But I have too much on at the moment getting things ready for the next client release.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I watched that game though and you didn't do too much wrong, you deserved the win tbh. Just that failed pick up with rr cost you.

A few thing - Never pass with flings, I'm sure you were just doing so because it was a friendly and you were trying to farm spp, but in proper games never do it unless you have literally no other possible choice.

Don't be afraid to man mark opposition players that have no block and tackle, yeah you will lose flings sometimes but who cares about the life of a fling Razz

Also foul more, far far far more, you had loads of chances for good fouls there with 4 or 5 assists.

I would probably buy another rr now if you are going to get that much in inducements now the league is starting proper.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I watched that game though and you didn't do too much wrong, you deserved the win tbh. Just that failed pick up with rr cost you.

A few thing - Never pass with flings, I'm sure you were just doing so because it was a friendly and you were trying to farm spp, but in proper games never do it unless you have literally no other possible choice.

Don't be afraid to man mark opposition players that have no block and tackle, yeah you will lose flings sometimes but who cares about the life of a fling Razz

Also foul more, far far far more, you had loads of chances for good fouls there with 4 or 5 assists.

I would probably buy another rr now if you are going to get that much in inducements now the league is starting proper.

yes the passing, I just wanted to skill some flings, then I remembered I was playing against Nurgle (doh!) and stopped. That drive went very well anyway.

I wasn't fouling because it was a friendly pre-season game and didn't want to make him retire the team. I know I had some good chances and the feet were really itching Very Happy

Otherwise it went pretty well, except that pickup...
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I've never bothered with bribes. Your players are cheap anyway. (then again, I do carry 3 dp on mine). Deeproot rocks. Chef is a no-brainer.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

yup most people arent lucky enough to roll that many doubles Wink and you want to keep your DP on the pitch, though even with 3dp I would probably take 1 bribe most of the time.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

lol, my first match is against 1810k vampires Shocked
I guess I will buy some more players and RR to my 630k halflings Laughing
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

high TV vamps are really tough for flings, just kill all the thralls, ignore the vamps get deeproot, morg and a wiz. You will need a wiz to take out a ball carrier vamp at the right time.