43 coaches online • Server time: 09:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Karnov

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
How did he go?

Glad you asked, DrPoods :s

I was playing humans (with a wizard replacing the Ogre due to the format – not the best choice in hindsight!)

I was a little nervous going in, so I was very happy to find out that my first match up was against fellow CBBL’er Mathuric! His Dark elves smacked me 0-3 (his assassin was best on ground with two casualties.) A very enjoyable game, nevertheless – thanks for easing me into it, Mathfuric Smile

Next up I faced a human team with Zug in the lineup – I went down 0-2.

Final game of the day was against Skaven – this time it was a 0-4 thrashing .

The common theme of the first day was getting smacked around early; the casualties’ mounted up along with the td’s against.

Day 2 I was up against lizards in my 4th game – I was looking to take a 1-0 lead going into the half when my blodging catcher, who was having a blinder of a half, failed on the final dodge 2 squares out to score in turn 8. Casualties came in a wave again, and I went down 2-0.

Game 5 saw me take on an Orc team piloted by new guy –I got up for my first victory 2-1 (yay!).
Final game of the tournament saw me get a 3-2 win against a Halfling team sporting two treemen, willow and puggy. A very fun game that saw lots flying flings!

So my total for the tournament was 2-0-4.
All my games were fun and played against really friendly guys.

Great time with lots of beer Smile
Irgy

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
I just hope he does away with the loner strategy that cost chavo from being competitive where he should have been.

What do you mean "does away with"? I have that many loners because my players are dead or injured. The "strategy" part is not buying new players, which I haven't been following at all. The team has just enough cash for one new player, and only still has that because I was waiting for the draw to see what to buy.

If anything I'm considering starting doing what Chavo did, specifically to get myself back out of loner-land where I've been stuck for a long time. Though I do have a scrubby urge to try and win every game so I'll probably still end up spending.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Irgy wrote:

What do you mean "does away with"? I have that many loners because my players are dead or injured. The "strategy" part is not buying new players, which I haven't been following at all. The team has just enough cash for one new player, and only still has that because I was waiting for the draw to see what to buy.

If anything I'm considering starting doing what Chavo did, specifically to get myself back out of loner-land where I've been stuck for a long time. Though I do have a scrubby urge to try and win every game so I'll probably still end up spending.

There's nothing wrong with what Chavo did. I just think with the conference you are in you have a good shot of hitting a decent run. I just briefy looked at your team and saw you were at 174 and had some cash in the bank, but forgot 130k doesn't buy too many elves Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Have kicked off regionals.

There are currently 2 fillers, which will be replaced by Dlock and a volunteer filler/new player.

If you want to take the opportunity to fill a spot in regionals, let us know.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

174 is the sweet spot for anyteam in regards to spiralling expenses.

The problem with Dark Elves, is that with 3 players with a handful of skills, you can bust that (as I proved).

It makes sense to rebuild all at once. If you start getting players here and there, they skill and soak up your future income.

You can also be kinda competitive.

So it took me 3 seasons, but I did the same thing with my skaven back in the day. I'm now ready to roll again.

Truth be honest though, if it wasn't for the legends, I would have just redrafted.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a crappy all-Marauder Pact team that could fill in.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=700000

Will PM this to the admins as well, for the sake of thoroughness.
Daudy

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Smegish wrote:
I have a crappy all-Marauder Pact team that could fill in.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=700000

Will PM this to the admins as well, for the sake of thoroughness.

That's a sweet team id number! 700000 on the dot!
Smegish

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

wish I did it on purpose

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the Tribute have fired and hired. stupid coach purchases a RR by mistake and had to get rid of it. 5 RR…. has to be too many. Almost decided to drop to 3

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

With a Slann team with only 1 catcher? I would take a fifth reroll.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2014 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Dlock has been thrown into the league despite being over in terms of TW.

We have come to an agreement with DLock on clearing the excess cash after his first game to retrospectively fit within the cap.

We do not believe his breach of the TW ruling was deliberate in order to gain an advantage, but rather due to not knowing the website interface and the confusion created with the TW system changes. If anyone has a problem with this, PM myself or Danielcollins.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2014 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm tipping grumpsh to finish in the top 3 of reggies. Very good TT player, but team could be challenging early in development and I'm not sure on the comparative skill of other coaches in the div.
Tyra_Nid

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2014 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Saying that, there are some other good starters too. Dubious Ethos and Malapropism Mania have both had great starts development-wise, and Grod looks like he knows how to play dorfs (the safe way that everyone loves).
Tomay

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2014 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to those who volunteered to fill in reggies. Captain knuckles has applied to join and been given the spot, great to have another new recruit on board.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2014 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Smegish wrote:
wish I did it on purpose

What! You just happened upon 700k?

You know Nuffle will do his best to even out your luck account right?

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
 Jump to: