43 coaches online • Server time: 10:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think?
Amazing idea! Good job, lets do it!
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Good Idea, but its not good enough!
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Total waste of time, dont bother!
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Pie League Rules!
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 17

deyempe

Post 22 Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

A League for Chaos Pact teams.

As the rosters can/do vary with Pact teams, I think it would be good to get a few together and watch and see their differant paths and how differant they vary and differant they grow to become later in maturity. I think the Pact offers players a unique opportunity to really test out ideas and create crazy player/team builds, with unique skill-sets ect, and a League dedicated soley to the Pact Race could be alot of fun!

Instead of having regular seasons with crowned winners and losers ect, we just join the group with a team, and check to see if any other group members are online at that time and want a game, via the group PM, games between group members could be sheduled privately ect, and in this way you can play as often or not as you/others want. We can ofcourse also run a season with crowned winners ect but the heart and soul of the group games could be open-play.

As it would be a new league, new teams would be a requirement. Later as the league has run a few seasons and teams are developing there will need to be a rookie teams league (for new teams only), a developing teams league (teams between 1150-1500), and a mature team league(1500+); or somthing to that effect. But in the beggining all new teams only.

Would love to know if there is any interest in this, please comment and share your thoughts thanks.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

only if you have random skills.

otherwise it will be clawpomb vs clawpomb, winner of the kcikoff coin toss win the game.

zzzzzzz

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

or ban Claw altogether? was an idea I had but didnt mention for fear of being ridiculed but lovers of the dreaded Claw.

or at least restrict its usage, so limit teamsn to only 2 claw players or somthing?
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

How about you make the league like this:

Any player that can take mutations MUST take mutations on every skill roll, or STAT increases. So players can get Claw, but they can't get Mighty Blow or Piling On. It will lead to some fun and interesting builds and lots of CHAOS without block or wrestle. The Big Guys you could restrict to Strength skills only or stat increases, even if they roll doubles.

Actually you could make it a Chaos League: Pact, Chaos or Nurgle, and have the skill roll rules apply to all teams.

Alternatively - if you want to have more, but interesting skills in the mix - ban strength skills on all the regular players and ban non strength skills on the big guys. So Agility, Passing, General, Mutations are ok for regular guys but not for big guys.

Oscar Wilde
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I ran an all-chaos pact league just after the start of CRP. First 2 seasons were great.

https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=7357&op=view

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats some interesting ideas, not sure I could handle the majority of my teeam restircted only to mutations tho?.. there arent many more than 8 all together or somthing are there? Kind of the whole point of the Pact is the fact that they CAN access broad range of skills.

Your idea has given me one tho.. any player that takes a mutation, must take mutions only, and no player can have mutation combined with other skills, so basically you can have regular skilled players and a few complete mutats running around aswell.

Not to sure how that would work tho, Im guessing most people would just avoid taking mutaations. Maybe every team must have 3 super mutants or somthing like that?
thebeanbag

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd play in a Pact league, I love the Pact roster.
I don't like the idea of restricting skill rolls though, or player builds.
Just advertise the league as an adventure with Pact, engender a sense of fun rather than dictate.
Ah, we can but dream that that will work though eh? Very Happy

But I'd still sign up!
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

@Grod - I was thinking a Extraordinary Mutants League, would include; Pact, Chaos, Chaos-Dwarf, Skaven, Underworld and any race with mutation access I may have missed. But I preferred the all Pact teams Idea myself Razz

@ theBeanbag - I am totally with you on that, my only fear is pthe rusult mentioned by pythrr.

Last edited by deyempe on %b %01, %2014 - %02:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

My other idea was no strength skills. The majority of Pact and Chaos teams concentrate on just a handful of skills:

Block, Claw, Mighty Blow, Guard, Piling On.

Banning Strength skills would lead to some interesting builds, since Claw is rather weak by itself, especially against AV 6-8. You still have Mutations, Passing, Agility and General to pick from!

Oscar Wilde
degro

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm new. What is a clawpomb? Otherwise, it sounds great without any restrictions. I agree that the variance offered by chaos pact would make for some really interesting teams and unique builds.
degro

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Btw, when you get this league set up, please message me to let me know. I'd like to join.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

grod's idea is winning thus far

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Btw, when you get this league set up, please message me to let me know. I'd like to join.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe an IRC channel. Every time a player skills you roll a dice and have to pick from that group of skills?

Say, 1= Agility, 2= Mutations etc etc.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I probably wont be making this League.. at least not for a while, Im currently playing in the Rookie League (being fairly new myself) I just remembered what a headache my Lineman league was in the early stages and how I felt being a noob commish Razz

@ degro - If your looking to play in a League I would suggest looking no further than here: 145 Rookie/Open League
 Jump to: