59 coaches online • Server time: 19:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Stat Choice
+AV
14%
 14%  [ 6 ]
+MA
85%
 85%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 41

Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

This player

This team

10MA has it's shine, but leaning towards +AV since he's ST1 and already has +MA. Sprint will be next making him quite fast w/ surefeet & sidestep for OTT. Would like to hear OPINIONS before I choose though.

Last edited by Nightbird on %b %01, %2014 - %05:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
Beerox

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

If you wish to use the +AV you'll have to let people punch him in the face.

+MA all the way man Wink
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:
If you wish to use the +AV you'll have to let people punch him in the face.

+MA all the way man Wink

It's not that I'll let them, it's just an inevitability that he'll get hit being a ball carrier & w/ 8AV he's much sturdier when that happens.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that there is merit to the +AV here. I don't know what you use him for but I assume ball carrier/annoying backfield marker. Then +AV is really good since AV8 means he'll be longer on the pitch and significantly harder to stab.

That said, movement kills and you're already planning on going the ott route with him (sprint, side step, sure feet). Then why not go for the MA directly?

I think that Skinks are a fantastic team in stunty because of their movement, so having more will only increase your strength. AV7 is already pretty good in stunty.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA definitely. The best part about taking +1MA is the chance of a second.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Movement. It is even more important to have a reliable 1 turner in stunty, when you are usually decimated upon kicking the ball.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:

Jimmy is right.
SkavenLordVinshqueek

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 on the movement.

Skinks are already a pain for most Stunty Leeg teams due to the (much) higher speed, and having an MA10 player makes you able to cover so much more ground.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

And able to ott pretty easily.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

+ma for sure. Keeps him another square further away from being hit and you can use the movement every turn. Easy OTT too tempting as well.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:

Jimmy is right.

but he didn't read very well

the bad part of taking a second +1MA is the impossibility of taking a third Wink

Still might be a good option though but since sprint is available I'd probably take the +AV to keep him on the field longer.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Everything that B said. (Inc. the part about this already being his 2nd +MA.)

the_Sage wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:
Jimmy is right.

And this is the problem with polls like this, people who kneejerk an answer without actually looking at the player and the team. "Oh, no brainer, +MA <click> My work here is done." Confused

(read "Jimmy is not always right after all") Wink

Normally, it would be +MA - but normally he wouldn't already be able to get an OTS on his next normal roll.

AV 7 breaks 42% of the time, AV 8 28% - big (relative) shift. You've already lost 6 players in 9 games, inc. 2 whiptails. As a natural OTS'er, he'll have a HUGE target on his back. Huge.

He doesn't need a 2nd +MA to be a natural OTS'er. He can take Sprint on a normal roll next skill, 20 spp away. (And you had taken Sure Feet instead of Sprint last planning on doing exactly that.)

Now, admittedly, MA 9 + Sprint w/ Sure Feet is less reliable than MA 10 w/ Sure Feet (by one 2+ roll, x 5/6), and @ 51 you can give him Catch, which is just as big a challenge for Ag 3 OTS. So...

...the question is, now that he is guaranteed a natural OTS (one way or the other), how long do you want to keep him around?

From your bank, I infer you go with only 12 players, so he will be on the field on Defense, no doubt. So, do you want him better at OTS NOW, but living dangerously, or have a longer life expectancy (and hope to get Catch at 76)? Your call, and usually I say "don't protect them until they have skills worth protecting", but I think he's there.

+AV, but it's hardly a lock.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Ziggyny

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Sprint and sure feet can and will fail, especially if you use them frequently. +MA can't and won't.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA

Best way to keep a ST1 stunty alive, be way faster than everyone else and run away.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Er, no, I saw that he already had +MA which is why I wrote what I wrote.
Maybe I could have been clearer.
Smeat wrote:

Normally, it would be +MA - but normally he wouldn't already be able to get an OTS on his next normal roll.

He doesn't need a 2nd +MA to be a natural OTS'er. He can take Sprint on a normal roll next skill, 20 spp away. (And you had taken Sure Feet instead of Sprint last planning on doing exactly that.)

...the question is, now that he is guaranteed a natural OTS (one way or the other)

You keep using that word "natural". I do not think it means what you think it means.

Last edited by JimmyFantastic on %b %01, %2014 - %20:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: