18 coaches online • Server time: 07:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Box intervals should be hourly in offpeak?
Yes
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
No
72%
 72%  [ 60 ]
Don't care
21%
 21%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 83

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I really can't agree with Frankenstein. We seem to be the polar opposites on many issues. Personally I think Chainsaw was spot on.

It's an issue most of us are clear cut on, naturally we fall one side of the line or the other. Either a player is responsible for his actions or the rules are.

Little point in debating it I think. You either think one way or the other.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
easilyamused wrote:

People will always game the system, it's a part of the online gaming mindset. Instead of constant threads and blogs saying this is broke, that is broke, this coach is killing Box etc, look to your own experience and what you can do to improve it. Accept that what others do is out of your hands.

So if you can't beat them, join them? And for the people that don't enjoy it, just go play somewhere else?

Since the division is only for the hardcore of the hardcore, maybe there is a reason it's losing coaches, and rightfully so. In fact, the sooner people understand this the sooner we can get a match maker implemented in a more casual division that has more than one way of getting games.

Slight misinterpretation of my point but understandable as I didn't clarify.

What I meant was that you need to play with what makes the game fun for you. Whether that be fluff, sprints, unique team builds, banter in game or boosting your win% with cheese. Everyone has their own idea of what makes a game fun but just remember that there is another person playing as well. A point that some people seem to have forgotten.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I really can't agree with Frankenstein. We seem to be the polar opposites on many issues. Personally I think Chainsaw was spot on.

It's an issue most of us are clear cut on, naturally we fall one side of the line or the other. Either a player is responsible for his actions or the rules are.

This.

And that is where the benefit of having 4 distinctively different divisions comes in. Just pick the one that works for you and enjoy.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

This.

And that is where the benefit of having 4 distinctively different divisions comes in. Just pick the one that works for you and enjoy.

So I didn't misunderstand Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Just read your post again, I must have been distracted by the beard Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

4 chances to play a game in black box in one hour is far better than a single activation per hour.

Off peak is what it is, reducing the opportunities for a game is just plain silly.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
Cloggy wrote:
A bit of a shame Christer had to implement a scheduler change to FORCE you to do it. Bit more of a shame that you now feel the need to claim it as a self-imposed step in the right direction.

But hasn't this change been perceived as an improvement after all?

I don't think the change has worked very well at all. It has made the life of a 30+ game non-bashy team so much harder.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it much much more tbh. I would rather a tricky re-build than the previous option which was facing CPOMB min maxed teams when i only had 1 or 2 skills.

The other thing is given time the tricky re-build could very well end up hurting CPOMB teams more than the finesse teams who imo are far easier to re-build than slow plodding bash teams. It just needs time to bed in imo.

I havent played enough high TV matches yet admittedly but I certainly find low to mid TV a hell of a lot more fun.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

It does seem like its harder to get a game as a rookie box coach as well.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I agree that there are good aspects to it. But there are also some negative implications, and I wonder if a further tweaking might help ameliorate these? The tweaky-mens could put their thinking hats on again.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Fortis wrote:
It does seem like its harder to get a game as a rookie box coach as well.

I havent found so tbh. Though I guess it could be to do with which time zone you play, obviously I'm not sure which one you play in. But its been alright for me. on average I would say about 1 in 2 draws I get a game so far.

and maybe Pythrr, but I would much rather the big man spent his time on something like big improvments for L than something like forumla changes. I'm sure if someone can come up with a good forumla and do the work them selves then that would help.

But i still think the new box needs ime to bed in see how it effects cpomb re-builders.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Oh, I agree that there are good aspects to it. But there are also some negative implications, and I wonder if a further tweaking might help ameliorate these? The tweaky-mens could put their thinking hats on again.

The tweaky-mens unfortunately say no-no-noes to implement the official CRP runner-up FF-rule because runner-up is first inofficial loser Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Frankenstein on %b %12, %2014 - %18:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well yes, L improvements FTW, as that is where I live (and play most of my games).

Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
pythrr wrote:

The tweaky-mens unfortunately say no-no-noes to implement the official CRP runner-up FF-rule because runner-up is first loser Crying or Very sad

Way to derail a suggestion, Frank. We are talking about scheduling mechanics, not CRP implementation or otherwise.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Frankenstein wrote:
pythrr wrote:

The tweaky-mens unfortunately say no-no-noes to implement the official CRP runner-up FF-rule because runner-up is first loser Crying or Very sad

Way to derail a suggestion, Frank. We are talking about scheduling mechanics, not CRP implementation or otherwise.

Fair enough:

Simply allow young teams to opt out of rookie protection (I could very well imagine doing that every time).

A more complicated approach would be to split Blackbox into, for example, 3 tiers with different SE-ranges (125 / 150 / 175).

Teams with 10 games played would automatically be promoted to tier 2, teams with 20 games to tier 3.

Teams would always have the option to opt for a higher tier at an earlier point of time (i. e. teams could temporarily belong to up to 3 different tiers).

Edit: Apart from that, I still think the the pairings proper should be based upon the number of acquired skills rather than TV.
 Jump to: