20 coaches online • Server time: 04:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spinball

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wondering, what is your best or favorite team name? I am going to give my favorite that I have made, and favorite of another coach.

My favorite team I have come up with is Gnaw it is Tomb Marrow

My favorite team I have played against is Pow-a-bunga!

Anyone have any interesting or fun names out there I would like to hear them!
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

My fling team Stiff Little Flingers (punk fans may get the reference) is definitely up there for me, but I also liked my very first ever team name playing TT many any years ago....Fred Astaire Ate My Tap Shoes.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

'I Touch my Elf' was always a favourite of mine. As well as 'You Fool, I'll Foul!'.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

not one of mine (another Waterbowl team actually) Ogre and out or I like Squig butts (and I cannot lie).

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Casual Causality of Casualty, Bubble Gum Crisis and 6 Hooves Under come to my mind here.

Actually, there was a similar thread over 10 years ago, even though most posters would confuse "Best team names of all time" with "My teams' names" Mr. Green
(preferrably if the team name featured some kind of lewd connotation Rolling Eyes )
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Mine: Death is Forever (undead) or Pursuit of Mediocrity (pro fling)

Other Coaches: All Glory to HypnoToad (vamp) or pro elf and I vote (pelf)

Last edited by robocoyote on %b %21, %2014 - %01:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
vaclav

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Mine favorite team name is Major Vieners
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

"We Suck!" (vampires)
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Abort

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Cunning Runts
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, probably, for me of course, it's the best team name considering the fluff, I love it!!!!!
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=478392
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't remember clearly, but there used to be that very nasty team called something like "my rats". That was pre-CRP times, so skaven weren't really dangerous and regarded as low risk oppo by pixel huggers, and games were arranged in chat, usually by the formula:

-Hi, your elves vs my rats?

Upon agreement, the overconfident elves would find themselves facing some nasty orcs (I believe).

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
I can't remember clearly, but there used to be that very nasty team called something like "my rats". That was pre-CRP times, so skaven weren't really dangerous and regarded as low risk oppo by pixel huggers, and games were arranged in chat, usually by the formula:

Upon agreement, the overconfident elves would find themselves facing some nasty orcs (I believe).

Haha, that's epic.
albinv

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

In general i prefer some ironic humor on a team and player name.
Some that spring to mind atm, though probably not even my most favourite ones:

"Blood Ballons" - Ok, this is a seriously great one for me. Kind of sums up what blood bowl is about for me, so quintessential and it rolls good as well. Childish/ funny yet a bit creepy (to my ears at least).

"Fluffy Kittens and More" - Might be a retired one, not sure. Uhm, yeah it probably isnt really the name...but the whole show that made the name good as well (for me at least). Yeah, certainly is a strange one. Wink

"Darkhelm Bloodz" I feel the best i came up with yet. Though not very humorous a all. It plays on the german word "helm" which means helmet in english and of course the english meaning of it. Well, a bit humorous maybe. But i feel it sums them up quite good, those hilarious "wannabe evil" delfs, steering themself into misery( well, mine at least).As there is seriously something worng with them under their helmets. Very Happy

Ah, really cant come up with the real good ones (aside Blood Ballons) atm! There are some with serious great puns that fit the race as well that make me chuckle when they come up on gamefinder. Might get back when my memory is fully booted.

Cool post! Im "obsessed" with team making to the point it delayed me from starting certain races im keen on because i couldnt come up with a team name i deemed good enough! Main reason for this is that i would love to play 3-5 main teams solely at most, should i ever get my foundation down solid and/or feel i have solidly decided on a few main races for good. So most of the time im looking for a team name that i think i could live with for awhile. And since we all know the data is written in stone once it is put down, and no argument will help you here, i try to not mess it up completely at least.

Last edited by albinv on %b %21, %2014 - %15:%Mar; edited 8 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2014 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
zakatan wrote:

Haha, that's epic.

meh, this was also done with "my flings" etc.\

the admins stepped in to ban the practice after complaints

Jump to: