63 coaches online • Server time: 23:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What Kind of Rat?
Dirty Oneturner
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
All-Around badass
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Pie-Eating Halfling
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So, the renowned cheater rats Rat Dynasty have a new group of stat freaks, rolling 4 stats and 3 doubles in 14 skillups. The team has two +MA gutters, but I neglected to turn either into a natural one-turner. Slick is the most talented of the four. Hammer handles the leaping sacker role, and Spike is mister normal, as the backup sacker.

The player I'm not sure what to do with is Grail. Originally Slick was supposed to be the natural, but picked up a double and +AG on his 4th and 5th skills and has become an all-around player. Obviously with +MA and sidestep, he can oneturn reasonably well with the +AG and two heads already. So what to do with Grail? Do I take block, making him a better defender and utility man, maybe grabbing sidestep after for a second oneturn option? Or do I cheese him out with sprint and sure feet, knowing I will have to continue to protect him?

Should be noted that this team has both a Rat Ogre and a grab blitzer, opening up a multitude of oneturning options.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

certainly looks like a one turn rat, but if it was me I would take block first. But then I don't build natural one turners for the same reason I don't build CPOMB players. It really shouldn't be hard to get 1 push on the LoS anyway really. But if you enjoy that sort of thing go for it.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Go block and then sure hands. your team is kinda screwed if facing a strip ball player.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe I'm crazy, but I almost never take sure hands on a gutter. It's not a bad idea though, it fits with the big hand and all...

I'm actually pretty stuck on where this guy goes from here. Maybe he'll do me a favor and die.

And Garion, this team doesn't pull punches. I have a variety of elf teams for casual play. Oneturning and Clawpomb are in the playbook.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Snakes happen - it's nice to not spend a RR when they do. Sure Hands makes pickups in in the Rain or in a crowd more reliable, that's all. And for those late-Half kicks when you're already out of RR.

Rats need a OTS to do what frats do best - depress opponents who thought they had the game locked up. By your own definition, it's not "cheese" - it's what they do.

If you run 15 rats, you shouldn't (often) need him in except for a OTS try, so Blodge is not so necessary. If your turn ends and he didn't just score, something went wrong, so a BLITZ! ~should~ be the only time he's in peril. He's one more tool in the toolbox, and he has a specific job, and only comes out when that job needs doing - sharpen that tool for that job, so he does it right when his time comes.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

This may sound stupid, but I am sort of philosophically opposed to 200tv sitting on the bench on defense, especially one that already has a defensive skill in Big Hand. +MA isn't that rare, and I have a second oneturner on the team who is a better overall player.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2014 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
This may sound stupid, but I am sort of philosophically opposed to 200tv sitting on the bench on defense, especially one that already has a defensive skill in Big Hand. +MA isn't that rare, and I have a second oneturner on the team who is a better overall player.

Thank you! I understand why people do it but I have to think that you could reasonably protect such a player on defense while increasing your ability to win using his talents.

I'm not one to speak given my predilection for getting players killed but...
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Took sprint at 51...
 Jump to: