37 coaches online • Server time: 17:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sonrises

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

**WHEEL OF CHAOS Final Draw**

Click on team name to be linked to team's page

Steroids Abusers Chaos Pact TV1470k//TW1620k Jokaero
2514 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: 2nd...1107 pts
2513 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: 76th...195 pts

Tlaxtalan Tyrants Lizardman TV1650k//TW1650k Aflo
2514 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: 83th...55 pts
2513 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: NQ

Da Mean Green Killing Machine Orc TV1950k//TW1950k cowhead
2514 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: 30th...218 pts
2513 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: 40th...370 pts

Metu Mortis Necromantic TV2080k//TW2080k Qaz
2514 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: 41th...158 pts
2513 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: 1st...2192 pts

Last edited by sonrises on %b %22, %2014 - %14:%May; edited 7 times in total
Verminardo

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

So the only interesting question about this one: How many more Nurgle can Qaz take/stand/stomach?^^

I predict: One short of unforlorning.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Minor trivia: my humans played the 3rd recovery/prep game against both Jokaero's Pact and Pirigin's CDs. So it's my fault there will be no bulls for the CDs and no CPOMBer for the Pact. Their opponents can send their thanks to xnoelx@paypal...

Post   Posted: May 19, 2014 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

++moved

Last edited by sonrises on %b %22, %2014 - %21:%May; edited 4 times in total
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 19, 2014 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurgz gonna nurg!

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting semi finals!

3 x Nurgle, 1 x CD's, this should be messy!

But i go all in and predict: At least one nurgle team in the finals Shocked
sonrises

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

**WHEEL OF CHAOS Semifinals**

Anyone seen my Leg Nurgle TV2110k//TW2340k chaoszwerg2001
2514 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: 54th...118 pts
2513 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: 263th...10 pts
2514 10 Best performances:
Anyone seen my Leg Nurgle *Wheel of Chaos* 5th Rnd loss

Exitus! Nurgle TV2130k//TW2190k Candlejack
2514 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: 53th...118 pts
Exitus! Nurgle *Wheel of Chaos* 5th Rnd loss

Last edited by sonrises on %b %28, %2014 - %09:%May; edited 4 times in total
sonrises

Post   Posted: May 28, 2014 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

**WHEEL OF CHAOS final**

St-Lys Débr'Ailleurs SLDA Nurgle TV1760k//TW1760k Chilango_Light
2514 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: 148th...15 pts
Barthas Red Star Orc *Box Minor* 3rd Rnd loss

Vs

Middle-Earth Shadowside Chaos Dwarf TV2150k//TW2150k Pirigin
2514 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: 109th...40 pts
2513 TOP 25 Coach Ranking: 16th...766 pts
Middle-Earth Shadowside Chaos Dwarf *Crown of Sand* 3rd Rnd loss
Famous Vegetarians Dark Elf *Ulthuan Invitational* 3rd Rnd loss
2513 10 Best performances:
Teachers of the True Teaching Dark Elf *Grotty Little Tournament* 8th Rnd loss
Verminardo

Post   Posted: May 28, 2014 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

BLASENSKY'S BLOG FROM THE WHEEL OF CHAOS

Well, Blood Bowl fans, you thought I wasn't going to come back after my trip to the Khemri desert? I've got to admit that getting few clicks on my blog other than those from my best mate and my mom wasn't encouraging, and that newspaper CEO laughing so hard that his head resembled a ripe tomato when I applied as a professional sports reporter hurt even more than being tossed out by a Black Orc bouncer immediately afterwards. OK that was kidding, I still have the bruises to remind me it was the other way round, but the point is, what's the point anyway when all they ever ask for is, what did Milford say, no, no, what did MILFORD say?

Well you thought I'd give up that easily? Not me sir, not Pavel Blasensky. So what have I got next on my itinerary for covering the Blackbox Majors? The Chaos Wastes, of all places. Travelling on a very low budget I can tell you it's a wonder I am still alive. Also, someone could have warned me that the hostel I'm staying at belongs to the Slaanesh cult. But I guess I should count my lucky stars that it wasn't any of the other Chaos Gods!

Anyway, between trying to stay alive and sane and making enough money to pay the next meal, I've been pondering what to cover. There have been a bunch of rather interesing matches in the qualifier phase, like for example the Favoured of Slaanesh semi between Birds of a Feather and the Rope-Pull Mafia which the Mafia managed to win 2-0, certainly a treat for the tactics lovers among you Blood Bowl fans, but then the anti-climax when the Mafia had to forfeit the final match! No, no, that wasn't a story.

Looking at the main draw, this year's Wheel of Chaos will confirm any fervent Ranked lobbyist in all his reservations towards Blackbox, with an abundance of ClawPOMB and in particular Nurgle, and hardly anything else. So what are you going to write about, what are you going to comment on? Where is the story behind these matches? Where is anything like the triumphant march of the underdog and local hero KNE in the Crown of Sands, falling only a hair's breadth short of unforlorning Khemri? Thro-ra one turn score, penalty shoot-out and all? Nowhere, is where. Let's take a look at this year's finalists in the WoC.

Middle-Earth Shadowside are a Chaos Dwarf team boasting some serious stat-freaks and two ClawPOMBers, their Bulls being somewhat underdeveloped so it was probably for the best that they were both missing in the semi vs., surprise, surprise, Nurgle. The quarter final was a forfeit by the Lizardman team that got past the Rope-Pull Mafia, again, by forfeit. (The other two forlorn races left in the main event both lost their quarter finals to, yes, you guessed it, Nurgle.) So what are the Shadowside's credentials? The only thing they've ever won is their qualifier, the Champion of Khorne. Their record is 34/18/31. Not much to call credentials, really.

St-Lys Débr'Ailleurs SLDA haven't won anything except the Favoured of Nurgle that brought them here either, though their record is somewhat better at 62/38/26. The most remarkable thing about them is their name that nobody who isn't French can pronounce or knows what it means. These Nurgle don't go the all-out ClawPOMB route, sporting only one fully developed killer. Instead they are relying on some Guard to round up their bashing game, but lost one of their developed Nurgle warriors in the semi vs., wait for it, other Nurgle. In the quarter final they beat the glorious Metu Mortis, another dream of unforlorning Necros crushed and sent packing before anyone could say „Hatarna“.

So, who is going to win it? St-Lys are more tactically disciplined but lack any special players, in particular an agile ball carrier. It will have to show whether they can hold up against the freak Chaos Dwarves and their superior hitting power. Regeneration and some inducement money will help them, but will it be enough? I'm going to say yes, if barely. St-Lys holds on to it for a close 1-0 victory. And I'm not going to the Chaos Wastes again unless I get paid next time!
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

...and the final is live right now.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a shame that Ranked has the majors that people care about but awesome that Nurgz picked up another win!

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

SLDA RULEZ Smile
 Jump to: