70 coaches online • Server time: 19:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Player 4 and 6 is both one skill linemen with Guard, Garion. I would use the names but its all "John Doe" slightly annoying....

Sure, a Block, Tackle MB guy is nice RS, dont need leap and St4 that much though. On the other hand a St4 Juggernaut WE is superb, if you ad leap on top it is hard to think of a better player. So, one of the guard, with mb first skill should been "blitzer" with really high chances of PO later, and the WE style WD would clear all sides everywhere (with range 9).
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

MB was the correct choice.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
Player 4 and 6 is both one skill linemen with Guard, Garion. I would use the names but its all "John Doe" slightly annoying....

Are you speaking in code are something.... Why is my name in that sentence, and what's your point?

I'm not going to argue the toss with you about juggernaut though C312. You seem to suggest this skill to everyone over the last month. You keep taking it if you like it so much. That's fine. But when a coach comes asking for advice who openly states they are a noob. Then they should really be given good advice so they can improve and not take second rate skills. Juggernaut is not good advice.

You are also wrong about the linemen, again this is very poor advice, they should have taken guard which they did. You can't rely on a lineman living long enough to get block, tackle dodge after mb, also taking mb on a blockless player doesn't make for a good blitzer. They are better off taking guard and being a huge help in their limited life span.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The main reason to take MB as first skill is that you can get MB+PO; the second reason to take it instead of Guard is that he had no MB at all on the team; the third reason to take it is that you get SPPs so you can get block at 16; the fourth reason is that guard without Block (then ss or stand firm, or dodge) is really meh, as you have to stand your guys in contact with one or more likely multiple players (its how guard works) to use it, so you get blocked the turn after most likely.

As for juggernaut on the main "blitz" guy who has frenzy..... got to be a noob to not see it as the best pick, st4 leap and so on makes it the most obvious skillchoice in the history of skillchoices. That leaves the only reason not to take it, he currently lack one MB (and yes he needs one) and obviously any guy can MB, and anyone taking it as first skill have a lot higher chance of getting PO as well.

Now, assuming the player in Q had tackle instead of frenzy, then MB would dominate totally.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 this isn't convincing anyone
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Gulp.

Have you considered (in a nice way) playing a wider variety of Blood Bowl? Perhaps if you did, when it came to threads like this, you'd have a more rounded view?

It's all good fun, isn't it?...
 Jump to: