29 coaches online • Server time: 03:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
4th saurus normal
Piling On - moar cas
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Break Tackle - mobility>
36%
 36%  [ 14 ]
Tackle - God I hate elves...
34%
 34%  [ 13 ]
Stand Firm - roadblock
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Frenzy - cus surfing's fun
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Fend - PO's a killer
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Other...?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 38

Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I don't think you've enough BT on your team considering it's TV. If not this guy (Tackle the other choice), then soon.

This is true Smile You do need more BT, just not on that player right now.

Aflo wrote:
Interesting post Hito. Fend and kick completely off the table? I like the idea of some of the options they bring up.

Kick is a great skill on a saurus...but there's so many skills that are also great on them. I've ran it successfully on a skink before. My previous kicker was my killer at legend. Personally, my guard players are the ones that usually end up on the LOS when you are down to < 7 players in the second half, so I wouldn't. I like my kicker to be a player I can guarantee for his entire career won't be on the LOS, so either a skink, or a killer. Kick is a great skill for a lizzie team. Sadly, for me, I don't take it enough. I'm not sure I'd blame you if you wanted to go Kick on this guy - I just think that 30 games down the line, your mobile killers will vastly out SPP him.

I've actually never tried Fend. I know some people have reported great success with it, but for me, it's a poor mans Break Tackle. It's basically saying "all I care about is beating chaos", and the clawed races are easy pickings for mass-mb lizardmen anyway. I've never been tempted to take it.

EDIT

To muddy the waters a bit, there is actually a use case for mobile guard I omitted earlier. With a skink carrier, your only defense against the elven 5+ dodge or 3+ leap is to have tackle + guard on all entrance ways into your cage. Break Tackle/Guard can be a useful combination here to be able to move the guards with the cage. For a Blackbox team, I prefer Tackle/Guard to Break Tackle/Tackle, because you face more Dark Elves and Humans (blodgesteppers) than Wood Elves (leapystrippers).

Jump to: