52 coaches online • Server time: 14:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which skill for the Witch?
Dauntless - Punch the fatties!
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Pro - She does everything, it will always be useful
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Block - A killer with wrestle? Are you kidding me?
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

sorat

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

My darling Sugar finally reached 176 spps becoming my first legend!

Unluckily she rolled a poor 3+1 so no Jugg nor +stat... need some help to give her the right skill!

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

My honest opinion it should be between side step and pro.

Side step is always useful on a frenzy player. While without block or jugg, she isn't the most reliable crowd surfer, she still is good at it. It provides the most protection from revenge crowd surfs, and trust me most coaches will do anything to remove a legend with only 7 armor.

Pro, by itself, can be really useful for a Frenzy player, effectively getting three chances to knock a player down half the time, and give you something to work with if your out of rerolls or used a reroll this turn.

I would avoid block, since at 2110K team value, most players are going to either have that or wrestle. Dauntless could be useful, but I would want it with a player with block (if you have to wrestle the enemy down, your going to be a juicy foul target) and the ability to get pro to reroll failed dauntless rolls.
fly

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

without block she will die to a juggernaut block. without fend she will die to a PO.
without sidestep she'll get torn apart on a surf.
six million ways to die, chose one.

Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I like sidestep here, but I have to point out how bad wrestle is on witch elves for the 20th time.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

fly wrote:
without block she will die to a juggernaut block. without fend she will die to a PO.
without sidestep she'll get torn apart on a surf.
six million ways to die, chose one.

Jugg is such a rare skill choice, and if a coach has it, they will only have one player with it.

Crowd surf attempts, particularly against frenzy players, in my experience are lot more common. Side step and fend give more general protection, both also preventing certain dodges or easy chain attacks.
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 07:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Sidestep is easily better than any choice in that poll...

Oscar Wilde
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

while SS is nice, I have to go with block here, more or less to use mb/po on anyone without block (and they often put rookies on the line for you to bash). Not to mention skinks, goblins and big guys...
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sidestep by a street.

I presume Leap was taken with the intent of surfing things behind screens, currently she's too easy to suck in and trap in the attempt by someone savvy.

But I'm not in love with the player, I have to admit. I'm not an uber fan of Witches on the floor or Leaping on a three. I wouldn't shed too much of a tear when she cops it.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
I like sidestep here, but I have to point out how bad wrestle is on witch elves for the 20th time.

+10000000000000000000

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

There are greater Juggercrimes... Wink
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish she didn't have leap, and could have both pro and dauntless. I don't have issue with the wrestle to be honest. In this particular case I would take sidestep as it is really a pain in the ass to block her. The bad outcomes are everything except a pow AND armor break. If there is no pow, then she will retribute with blocking. If there is no armor break, then she will retribute with jump up. If she is blitzed, but wrestled down, that is also an issue for the blitzing player. So take side step, enjoy her while she lasts. (She wont last long if you max out her potential, but will win you lots of games while she lives.)

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

side step
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

start a new one and give her block first skill

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro. She's a professional hit(wo)man. Jump up blocks no longer consume rerolls. Frustration blocks (pushes and both downs) no longer consume rerolls. Pro will make her twice as useful because she'll no longer have any negative impact by rarely using a reroll.

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I changed my mind, Block or Pro
 Jump to: