23 coaches online • Server time: 02:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just been totally surprised by Setekh's cost:

220k for 6/4/2/8 with Block, Break Tackle, Juggernaut, Strip Ball, Regeneration seems like a bargain and completely out of step with other star players to me - he's cheaper than a Blitz-Ra, for example.

Could it be that 220k is a typo and he really should have cost 320k? Would make more sense in my opinion - at that price he'd actually be in line with other stars pricewise.

Varag Ghoulchewer, for example, with a weaker set of upgrades (and without access to apoth - Setekh still has Regeneration) and way less gap-filling impact on his roster costs 290k - considerably more than an orc blitzer with those stats and skills, and this seems to be true for most (all) other stars, or have I missed other stars who are as underpriced as Setekh?

Just wondering.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Ramtut III costs 380k und is definitely more worth the difference of only 60k to Setekh's alleged costs.
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Same price as Grim Ironjaw who trades 1MA for 1Ag and different skill set, for example.

Oscar Wilde
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I used a Barik Farblast in a TT tournament because he is 60k and a second Runner (with basic skills) is 80k. Barik has HMP, Pass, Strong Arm beyond a standard Runner of course the Secret Weapon means he is only around for 1 Drive unless you grab a Bribe from a Kick Table Roll.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Same price as Grim Ironjaw who trades 1MA for 1Ag and different skill set, for example.

Grim is okish (Multiple Block is a bit meh), but simply an overpriced Slayer who doesn't really add that much to the dwarf team.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

He is the correct price following the star player costing guide. Base player is a blitz ra 90k, +50k for st , add 30k for star player stat increase, add 20k per additional skill which is +60k. = 230k then add or subtract 10k for balancing, in this case -10k and you have 220k which is his value.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

strip ball is not that good in on him though... with no ag 5 dudes around to pick it up...
Calthor

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Setekh. He is pretty sweet.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Calthor wrote:
yeah he's quality. Khemri have very good stars on the whole. Though why the bbrc gave ramtut wrestle instead of the block skill he always had is beyond me.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

According to this page his value is inflated +10%
https://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=26&page=8

He looks comparable to a few other stars in terms of value. He is pretty awesome though.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

m0gw41 wrote:
According to this page his value is inflated +10%
https://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=26&page=8

He looks comparable to a few other stars in terms of value. He is pretty awesome though.

Yup that's just an article written by a coach on this site looking at the stars in terms of bang for buck, but read my post above to see how star player costs were officially worked out.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok Prince Moranion, 10k more but clearly far better? I like Sidewinder with hypnotic gaze for 200k as well.

Oscar Wilde
Roland

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Calthor wrote:
yeah he's quality. Khemri have very good stars on the whole. Though why the bbrc gave ramtut wrestle instead of the block skill he always had is beyond me.

because nobody will ever take it on a tomb guardian?
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Ok Prince Moranion, 10k more but clearly far better? I like Sidewinder with hypnotic gaze for 200k as well.

You are looking at it wrong, you have to start with the original positional cost and go from there.

Roland wrote:
Garion wrote:
Calthor wrote:

because nobody will ever take it on a tomb guardian?

Yeah but why nerf a really cool and long standing star player? Same goes for griff losing leap which is a terrible crime.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Yeah but why nerf a really cool and long standing star player? Same goes for griff losing leap which is a terrible crime.

Both needed a nerf. But that was Loner.
They often overdid themselves, applying too many fixes when little fixes would have done.

I hope that won't happen again if we see another ruleset.
 Jump to: