23 coaches online • Server time: 02:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
+/-
+
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
-
69%
 69%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 13

SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Original thread name was "No divisions". Since the low interest I decided to use this topic for my own interest. However, fell free to join to it with your own visions of the site.

Original post:

Forget divisions completely! Groups to rule!
  1. at team creation you choose a group first, with the official group(s) in the first place to choose from, followed by the ones which are currently recruiting rookie teams
  2. you receive some hints about the group and are supposed to accept terms and conditions
  3. create your team
  4. you are already and automatically an applied member to the group
So far this looks like nothing has been changed and League just wrapped other divisions as groups.

What would make it cool is the option to easily transfer your team between groups. You either retire or transfer your team. How? Well, groups should be able to set
  • which rosters they accept,
  • which other groups they accept applicants from and how many games the team is required to have played there,
  • etc. (bonus)
You want to transfer from Blackbox group to the Ranked group? Nice, you can do it instantly. You want to transfer from Ranked to Blackbox? Let's say you have to play 10 consecutive SMACK games to be able to do that. Let's say that being in the SMACK group makes your teams to get scheduled whenever a new SMACK starts based using the box-scheduler for all the teams of the group when drawing.

You want to join WIL with your Ranked team or back from WIL to Ranked (or maybe even to Blackbox)? You can do that since WIL would be an official partner group.

Or you can go to the Arena/Unranked/Whatever group instantly and easy. With the existance of meta/transfer groups, switching would be flexible and transparent. Competitive groups can remain competitive yet allow a huge amount of teams to join.

Of course, teams can not change their roster though. This makes a custom rostered team unable to ever join to the official groups.

Notes:
  • Surely manual accepting transfer request would be still an option for group admins.
  • Gamefinder could optionally offer matchups which make your team to instantly swich group if possible after accepting the warning and the terms of the new group.
  • Teams should have a group history.
  • Getting the list of switchable groups should be possible.

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on %b %08, %2014 - %21:%May; edited 7 times in total
LucaAnt

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

S
T
O
P

I
T
!
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds quite good to me at first glance. I have though about something like that (though it was more about league getting the chance to create "sub-divisions" that teams can directly get created for).

Jump to: