26 coaches online • Server time: 08:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2014 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Chavo wrote:
Didn't realise he was in range... Thought there was a GFI on the handoff, which would have made it 2+ 2+ 3+ 2+ against the bomb if 5+ reroll 2+ intercept 2+ catch...

These were both 38.58%... So I figured I'd give Irgy a shot at an intercept, and promptly found I could squeeze through without giving up an intercept, improving it to 46.29%... The rest is history...

This is Corellian Blood Bowl never tell me the Odds!!!

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Both daudy and barre are parking which means I go to prem :/ don't know whether I'm happy about it.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Thought you were redrafting, Tomay?
Tomay

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I was, but unexpectedly making Prem is a bit of a game changer. I don't think I can redraft even though I think another season of flogging myself might be the end of me.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

*cuddlebunny*
Fortis

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Both daudy and barre are parking which means I go to prem :/ don't know whether I'm happy about it.

Now that there are some more relevant parks is it time to have the same discussion about amending the parking rules as per last season?

Are we going to allow each player to have one parked "legacy" team and then play a season with a rookie team, enabling them to bring back the parked team if they choose to? Or are we sticking to the old way of not being able to keep a legacy team in your back pocket for a rainy day?
Foad

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

There was discussion of this at some point... If this is happening, I'd consider drafting...

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

That would probably be a positive rule change. Might give even more dynamism to the league.

Back in LRB4, SWL was a bit like 1) create team 2) skill team 3) make prem run 4) retire, rinse, repeat.

But now it's "Become a Legend", so having 1 team parked while trying something new sounds good.

I guess the un-parked team comes in at a level below were it left off or something? Or they come in at Regional level?

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Fortis

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Did anything come of it because I still think it's an excellent idea with huge upside and only the small downside regarding how it implemented on return to the league (do you get to rejoin even if your race if overpopulated?)
Fortis

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Bringing them back in at conference level is about the only thing that makes any sense. Then they either take the slot the team you're parking vacated or they park from prem and push another team up leaving a space in conference. If you're down in reggies when you unpark then I suppose relegate an additional team? Relegation to reggies doesn't seem like that big a deal and pretty fluid anyway because of the draft churn.
Daudy

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Fortis makes good points.

In regards to racial limitations, I reckon they should still apply even if we have parked legacy teams. This will A) Keep the racial diversity we currently have. and B) Reduce the possibility of 'picking and choosing' an advantageous time to come back (if you can somehow predict what Prem will be like in 2 seasons' time or more while you make your run). Very rarely will people park teams that are primed, in good health, and on a roll anyway. I'd imagine people who park tend to be a bit jaded about BB and this generally doesn't correlate with healthy, winning teams Razz

If all the slots are full, then take a break or experiment with another race in the meantime - and this is coming from someone who would probably legacy one of the more popular races.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

This was spoken about recently when it was discussed. At this stage there is no plans to change the rule for a number of reasons we have already been over and over in the past.

The admins will discuss it again though.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly. I imagine that it wouldn't be too hard to enter the draft with an option like:
1. Bring back Legacy Team
2. Retain current Team

As last time the point of it being more administrative work will come up. I'm happy to do the draft if people want me to and feel these changes are too much work.

I think it will contribute to having less burnout and more team churn from the "good" players (we're all sick of Faulcon & Daudy bouncing up and down from Prem to Conf and beating us all up in Conf with the same team, I'd like to be beaten by a new team Razz)
Foad

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Daudy wrote:
In regards to racial limitations, I reckon they should still apply even if we have parked legacy teams. This will A) Keep the racial diversity we currently have. and B) Reduce the possibility of 'picking and choosing' an advantageous time to come back (if you can somehow predict what Prem will be like in 2 seasons' time or more while you make your run).

Disagree completely.

So what if Irgy and I park? That caps darkies at 1?
What if GNW then wants to come back?
What if OB wants to come back? Does he get to legacy Mort Volente? That would make 2 Chaos spots... Would we then have a playoff match between BeeRTrucK and DrPoods, loser leaves town?

I remember when the German Verman came back, and we had 5 established skaven teams running around... There was Symmetrical, Barre, Eganra, Skritter and myself - and it was fine. Nothing was broken, and natural team turnover saw the equilibrium come back a few seasons later.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
This was spoken about recently when it was discussed. At this stage there is no plans to change the rule for a number of reasons we have already been over and over in the past.

What reasons were there?

From memory, when I spoke to the admins previously, the feedback was that it was a good idea, but would need to be discussed.

Perhaps I should have discussed it with them, as opposed to speaking to them about it.

Jump to: