23 coaches online • Server time: 03:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings,

When LRB 6 goes live in [L]eague, I am thinking about starting a new league for those interested in the 'old ways'.

As many of you will remember Blood Bowl did not always allow you to pick your skills, in fact it was random. That's what I would like to re-create, except a stage further.

To begin with everyone will have to take a random race, but to save anyone being stuck with Halflings or Ogres or such you will be allowed to choose 5 races and you will randomly be given one of those as a race (as long as 2 other coaches do not already have the same race).

Once you have your race it's on to team building. You will be able to select rerolls and apothecary (if wanted), but your starting fan factor will be randomly decided.

When you start building your roster the player position will also be random, so each time you decide to add a new player a dice will be rolled to decide the players position (which will be rerolled if you have the maximum of that position already).

Then it's onto the skills. Each time a player skills, his skill roll will be random. All +Str, +Ag and +Ma/+Av rolls must be taken, whilst all normal rolls will randomly decided on their normal skill tables and the 4 other doubles must be taken from one of the tables the player does not normally have access to.

The league will be in a fairly normal format, however, you will receive bonus points for players that roll stat increases and doubles. (these points will have much less of an impact on the table that Wins/Losses, but more of an impact that TD / Casualty difference).

Now, in order for the league to take off, I need to check on interest, so if you are interested, have any questions, or just wish to shoot the idea down in flames, please do so.

Thanks
JanekT

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds awesome. Colour me in.
Igvy

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep I'm there.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds fun to me! Though I'm pretty sure there'll be a lot of interested leagues starting and I can't promise anyone to be in right now (especially with huge time issues coming up).
DukeTyrion wrote:
The league will be in a fairly normal format, however, you will receive bonus points for players that roll stat increases and doubles. (these points will have much less of an impact on the table that Wins/Losses, but more of an impact that TD / Casualty difference).

Why reward a coach for having luck, especially since stat increases are already a great boost for a team (in most cases), potentially increasing it's chances on winning?
Calthor

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Interested. Not sure if I will join in the end, but definitely interested.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Would definitely be interested in something like this add some fluff to a league. Let me know if i can grab a spot
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Sounds fun to me! Though I'm pretty sure there'll be a lot of interested leagues starting and I can't promise anyone to be in right now (especially with huge time issues coming up).
DukeTyrion wrote:

Why reward a coach for having luck, especially since stat increases are already a great boost for a team (in most cases), potentially increasing it's chances on winning?

The reason for the reward is to make it more desirable for coaches to tell me they have rolled doubles/stat increases. Not many people for instance would be interesting in taking +AG on a black orc, but with the score adjustment that should be exactly what they do.

The scoring will probably be something along the lines of, 100's for Win, 10's for Stat increases and 1's for TD's, but I haven't fully fleshed it out yet.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds intresting, and I like the prospect of managing random skills!

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:

The reason for the reward is to make it more desirable for coaches to tell me they have rolled doubles/stat increases.

The randomization will be generated online and verifyable, right? It shouldn't be that hard to either integrate on the site or run on google docs (spreadsheet) or something.

As others said: interested but not committed; curious about other initiatives as well.
tattie5

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a good idea to me, ill join
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:

The reason for the reward is to make it more desirable for coaches to tell me they have rolled doubles/stat increases.

The randomization will be generated online and verifyable, right? It shouldn't be that hard to either integrate on the site or run on google docs (spreadsheet) or something.

As others said: interested but not committed; curious about other initiatives as well.

The randomisation will be generated online, yes. But I am not sure how the skill roll will be handled. I can generate the roll for the skill, but will still need to know from the coach if they have rolled a double or not. (Unless the [L] system changes to allow the admin to allocate skills to teams.
studmandudebro

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

just ignore all doubles and stat ups
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 12:40
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

umm we ran a random league before it was pretty fun. rolls were generated in irc and had to be verified by another player in the league.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

jarvis_pants wrote:
umm we ran a random league before it was pretty fun. rolls were generated in irc and had to be verified by another player in the league.

I intend to generate the skill rolls in IRC, I just cannot generate the initial skill up roll (for stat increase, double etc...) although this may change when the [L] change gets announced.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2011 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

studmandudebro wrote:
just ignore all doubles and stat ups

Actually, that's not too bad an idea as it goes.

Anyway, the idea is still in it's conceptual stages, once [L] arrives I will PM everyone who has responded to the thread and we can discuss more specific rules.
 Jump to: