39 coaches online • Server time: 11:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tyra_Nid

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Block Saurus, always.

I've never regretted taking all-block in skill selection comps, I certainly have regretted taking a mix of other skills (e.g. tackle).
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
I would go with 5 Block saurus and 1 Frenzy.

Yeah, this, 100%.

St 4 Frenzy adds so many options, and cramps your opponent's positioning. Surfing is the obvious, but chainpushes for position are the real money. And as mentioned, on top of that Frenzy is about as good as Tackle.

MB as a 6th skill is doable, but not as a 5th, and Frenzy > MB for winning if you're any good at positioning. As for the other 5, you need reliability in your hitters, a full team that can support itself and stay on their feet to support each other, and the more players without any skills to keep them standing, the worse the team as a whole is, exponentially.

(Why anyone would take Tackle before Block is a mystery to me. Both drop 1/6 of the dice (Pow-Push v. Both Down), so the %'s blocking are the same, but the defensive diff is so inferior.)

And not Wrestle - it takes FOREVER to skill up a Wrestle Saurus, and you don't want them on the ground to be fouled. It's novel and fun and moderately powerful once you get 2-3 more skills, but it's just not worth it if you only have 6 G-access players to work with.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hah overlooked the apo on your list somehow cameronhawkins

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally think just get block on all of them. Frenzy is asking for trouble without block. Having them all be the same means your enemy can't "target the weakest one." Relying on getting POWS against blodged up enemies is a bit of a pain, but you will want protection. Being down a saurus is a nightmare against other high value teams, and having to start over with one without block also is annoying.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

mrbibitte3 wrote:
Answers to questions...

• A new team is ongoing for as many seasons as wanted. Season lenght is 12 games average.

• Yes, if a skill is chosen, the player start with 6 SPP

• Some cash can be kept in bank for future needs (a new krox or a saurus cost and arm and a leg).

• That team will go against 2000K + teams right off the bat...

Thanks for all the helpfull answers !!

In light of the new info 5 block saurii and guard krox. Go full roster 1 spare skink and keep the rest . Abuse wizard and slibli who is stupidly broken against slow bash teams.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

It's hard for the saurus to get XP => put all the 6 skills you could on them.
like 6 saurus block.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

So the majority agrees that:
- No skill on skink
- At least 5 sauri to have block
- Apothecary
- 3 reroll
Last skill depends on the meta, taste and personal playing style.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I would just try scoring with the 1 rookie saurus 2 TD shouldnt be hard, a Guard krox is awesome, and they can be slow to skill too. you have 7 st4 + players, add a guard in there and you will be locking most teams down.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Saruaii aren't that useful without block

6 block for me
If you go 5 block and one frenzy okay
Zons might hurt ya but you cant get a perfect side

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

<nods>

I'd rather be lacking +1 Tackle when defending against the occasional Blodger than lacking +1 Block on both offense and defense against all opponents.

I like 1 Frenzy a LOT, esp when supported by 5 blockers - but I will agree that it raises the chance of failing (so he acts last whenever possible!), and that one Frenzy-er is an easier target. The balance is whether that is worth the tactical/positional/psychological edge it gives, and that is def a "ymmv" thing, all about specifics of opponent and coaching style/ability/preference.

GL!

Garion wrote:
I would just try scoring with the 1 rookie saurus 2 TD shouldnt be hard, a Guard krox is awesome, and they can be slow to skill too. you have 7 st4 + players, add a guard in there and you will be locking most teams down.

The problem with advice from top coaches is that not everyone can do what they do. Yes, it's the right thing to do, but easier said than done, for some of us mere mortals. Wink

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

apo yes but u can buy it after a game or 2

skills, 5 block and guard krox, or 6 block. no other option
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy without block could get you into trouble while tackle will still come in handy against most teams. That said, frenzy is a great threat.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:

Garion wrote:

The problem with advice from top coaches is that not everyone can do what they do. Yes, it's the right thing to do, but easier said than done, for some of us mere mortals. Wink

well that's very kind of you, but you can. There are 2 ways to do it. try picking the ball up in the first 2 turns with your saurus, even use a rr the 2nd time. this should be especially easy in this set up because he has block coverage now, so rr control will be simple.

The other way is a hand off once you have total pitch control. Just remember 5+ with rr is 55% chance of success. Not to bad at all, you just need the nads to try it Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually only do hand offs or Saurus recoveries on D.
I guess if you kicked first half and they are starting with 8 or so mens it's ok to take a Saurus out of the game.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

on fumbbl its less of on issue because you can play 30 games at low tv, in a league you want skills quick. Give it a go jimmy. You would be surprised, I try to do it against any race other than the fast agile races at low tv, though if the kick is bad for me then again the skinks just pick it up. Pitch domination is stupidly easy at low Tv against bash races anyway. You can take a saurus out and still dominate quite comfortably.