11 coaches online • Server time: 06:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
orochinagi

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Rules are simple... u lose u're out.

This tournament is intended for all anime freaks and fans out there in FUMBBL. I know there are a few since i already saw a bunch of anime themed teams. So here's the first Anime Themed Tournament ever.

Season One will be a small Knockout tournament that if it's succesful will surely repeat itself several times.

Group link
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

And I thought this was going to be an Ani Difranco tribute tournament Sad

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Ani Difranco

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

What to do when the character list is only 9 names long... oh dear!

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... there are always more characters... even if they are characters that only appear in one episode or don't have much importance at all Razz

If the anime really only has 9 characters... u can always choose another anime Razz
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe... wanted to use Last Exile as my theme... but I don't have the anime at home at the moment... so I chose Naruto instead. Plenty of names to use there...

Mordachai

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

iv made alot of naruto teams.. ill see if i can be bothered to make one for a tourny Confused

edit: bah Mordachai was ahead of me Crying or Very sad
orochinagi

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2004 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

still waiting for Mordachai's team and evilhuman's team. I hope that one other team joins up so we have a pair number of players to start the tournament.

It will start sunday if we have enough players
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2004 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I just finished all the bios and pictures on my Gundam Wing Lizardman team, i thought the whole Gundams and Sauruses, and their pilots as Skinks idea was particularly inspired.
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2004 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Still have to fix pictures... unfortunately I won't have time for such "trivial" stuff in a long time...

Guess you can look at playerpositions in the Naruto-case and let it tell you something about the chars strength in the series (don't take it too seriously though)...

And for those of you wondering... no, the title isn't "Naruto to Tomodachi"... that is just me fixing it so it would sound more like a team name... the translation would (roughly) be "Naruto and Friends".

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2004 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

gonna enter with a team aswell cant belive you made them orcs Shocked

also dont use my pictures i spent several hours on those Confused
orochinagi

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

eheheh... i also have pics for all players... still doing simple bios though
orochinagi

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry but the tournament was supposed to start sunday but will only start monday since i won't be home in that day.

IF i manage to get to the internet on sunday i may start the tournament then.

Any questions?
Jammer

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

would someone explain to me what anime is? i am new and dont know the term.. thank you..
jammer
evilhuman

Post 4 Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Jammer wrote:
would someone explain to me what anime is? i am new and dont know the term.. thank you..
jammer

Anime is very hard to describe in only a few words. If you don't know what anime is, here are a few words that might help you get started. Anime is Japanese animation. The word anime is a transliteration of the English word animation. Related to anime is manga. Manga is what comics are called in Japan. The word manga was coined by the artist Hokusai in 1815, usually translated to mean "irresponsible pictures."

In Japan, anime is a rather popular form of entertainment. It comes in the form of tv shows, movies at the cinema as well as direct to video releases (OVA - Original Video Animation). Unlike in the west, anime has a huge variety of genres - it is not only for children. Nor, on the other hand, is it just sex and violence for adults! Anime is for everybody!
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Jammer wrote:
would someone explain to me what anime is?

The term anime in English refers to Japanese animation. The word appears in written form in three katakana characters a, ni, me (アニメ). Japanese prounciation approximates "ah-nee-meh" (without a long "me" sound, but rather like a truncated pronunciation of "met"), but in the United States speakers typically pronounce the word as "an-ee-may" ("an" pronounced as in "hand") and in England it is generally pronounced "an-ih-mee"

The English word transliterates a Japanese term. General etymological belief traces it in its turn to an abbreviation of the Japanese transliteration of the English word "animation" (shortened, as many foreign words appear in Japanese). Some anime fans claim the Japanese word comes from the French animé, ("animated"). Most Japanese do not believe this derivation.

Internationally, anime once bore the popular name "Japanimation", but this term has fallen into disuse. Fans preferably pronounced the word as though it abbreviated the phrase "Japan Animation". It saw the most usage during the 1970s and 1980s, which generally comprise the first and second waves of anime fandom. The term survived at least into the early 1990s but seemed to fade away shortly before the mid-1990s anime resurgence. In general, the term "Japanimation" now only appears in nostalgic contexts (although anime itself has revived the name again quite recently).

The voice actors for anime usually bear the Japanese equivalent designation: seiyuu.

Anime features a great variety of genres, unique artistic style and deep, emotional stories. As with live-action cinema, it spans: adventure, science fiction, children's stories, romance, medieval fantasy, erotica (hentai) and others. Anime has become an expressly commercial art form; producers and marketers aim for very specific audiences, with well-defined categories for shonen (boys) and shoujo (girls) genres, as well as for teenagers and adults.

Critics contend that the name "anime" seems very appropriate, for the cartoons appear "almost animated". Most anime makers shoot their films with 8 frames per second, the minimum number needed to make an object appear to move. (Live-action television uses either 25 or 30 frames per second; movie films 24 frames per second.) Osamu Tezuka invented the 8 frames per second technology, along with many other innovations, but his intent was to use it as a temporary measure to allow him to produce one episode every week with inexperienced animation staff. Anime studios have perfected techniques to draw as little new animation as possible, using scrolling or repeating backgrounds, still shots of characters sliding across the screen, and dialogue which involves only animating the mouths while the rest of the screen remains absolutely still. This is usually only the case in older anime, which often is the only anime known in Western countries, which is why many critics perceive anime to be animated so badly. Some fans argue that the best anime emphasizes sophisticated direction over actual animation (character movement), providing an illusion of motion where none exists.

However, newer anime is quite different and uses many more frames per second, easily reaching the same level of animation of Disney animated feature films.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime
 Jump to: