31 coaches online • Server time: 09:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is CLAWPOMB really a problem?
Yes, absolutley
55%
 55%  [ 464 ]
No, Chaos Dwarfs Disagree
20%
 20%  [ 174 ]
Still Haven't Decided
8%
 8%  [ 75 ]
Pie!
15%
 15%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 840

koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2014 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Yes. Teams should once developed spend the rest of their time fluctuating between 1400 and 2000 tv .in this area all tier 1 teams would have a chance of winning a perpetual league, or major etc... The chance would fluctuate a little from race to race some would still be superior, but wouldn't people like Norse or humans to actually stand a chance.

I think the pixel hugger issue is how much time teams spend at 1400-1700 and how much from 1700-2000. From a box point of view at least. And I am sure that a lot of Ranked boys would like to go to 2200.

If norse, humans, amazons can't cut it higher up then they need to be stronger up there. Right now in the Box I am looking at orcs at 39% over 1500. Come on guys that can't be right.
You're complaining about humans and norse. The're 45 & 44%. Dwarves are only 46%

Pixel huggers unite! We want more TV! Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2014 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well orcs lower win % at high tv is a direct result of cpomb spam at that tv. Obviously the rule set needs to deal with cpomb. Orcs are still a top tier roster though. They suffer a little because of the amount of new coaches that use them as their first team. This has always been the case. And always (as far back as I can remember) skewed their stats.

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2014 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the Box win% a reasonable point to go from? League data I have for ~20k games puts Orcs (and Chaos, actually) at 50% +/- very little. This is over all TVs, of course, but that was always the intent for win% measurement.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2014 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
Is the Box win% a reasonable point to go from? League data I have for ~20k games puts Orcs (and Chaos, actually) at 50% +/- very little. This is over all TVs, of course, but that was always the intent for win% measurement.

Well, personally I am mostly interested in Box. Other commishs can do what best suits their league. Wink

If your coaches are happy then fine.

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2014 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Well, personally I am mostly interested in Box. Other commishs can do what best suits their league. Wink
That works any number of ways depending on your perspective. CRP/LRB6 was written for TT, though. If B doesn't work then it should be house ruled, as stated in CRP (page 34).
Quote:
Indeed.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2014 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
koadah wrote:
That works any number of ways depending on your perspective. CRP/LRB6 was written for TT, though. If B doesn't work then it should be house ruled, as stated in CRP (page 34).
Quote:
Indeed.

Sure, though we hear that the BBRC would have liked to have tested those changes if they hadn't had the plug pulled on them.

But yeah, house rules rules. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2014 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Sure, though we hear that the BBRC would have liked to have tested those changes if they hadn't had the plug pulled on them.

Lots of things get tested, I have no doubt. Being tested and being in the rulebook are not the same thing.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2014 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
koadah wrote:

Lots of things get tested, I have no doubt. Being tested and being in the rulebook are not the same thing.

Indeed.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2014 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

hello

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2014 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
hello

Where the ... have you been? Shocked

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2014 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

So... The Babes are back. The WMDs are back. All we need now is Chuck.

Come on you CPOMBers le's see what you've got!

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2014 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't get too excited, I'm enjoying RL far too much to play a lot here anymore Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 07:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Easiest solution is not allowing claw to be played with piling on. We do have president, as frenzy and grab can not be used together. This is a minor tweek but would level things out well
Kam

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

spinball wrote:
We do have president, as frenzy and grab can not be used together.

I didn't vote for them!

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2014 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Dode,
I've recently seen you bring up a few points in discussion, that IMO lack some context:

Quote:
Either way, the design intent of a number of rules (attrition, either by CPOMB or otherwise; Spiralling Expenses) was to limit high TV play. If you don't like it then play in a house ruled league which has no SE and no or limited attrition.

AFAIK, the intent wasn't to limit it that much. Or have 2 rosters sit on top and knock everyone else into the big TV hole.
If I remember right, the idea was for teams to hover somewhere between 2000-2200, sometimes climbing higher, sometimes dipping. As an example, take SE. Rather than a hard cap (which was considered), Money starts to become tight around -3/-4. That's TV 2050 to 2200 (IIRC).

In a TV-Matched environment, that has failed.

Quote:
CRP/LRB6 was written for TT, though. If B doesn't work then it should be house ruled, as stated in CRP (page 34).

To be clear, I don't think TT is important word here. After all, JJ called the rules Perpetual Blood Bowl, so looooong term play, like only online does it, ought to Work.

AFAIK, Galak has pointed to 2 Things regarding the Box, that the rules do not cover:
1) 'Pointless' games. CRP was designed on the premise that all games lead somewhere, like towards a championship. Having games played where winning does not matter, will make bashing so much more prevalent.
2) TV-Matched (in a huge environment): It was never the intent that you could stay in one TV-zone and keep getting opponents at your TV. In a League, someone/everyone will outgrow you, and you'll end up being an underdog. That discourages sweet-spotting.

Cheers
Martin
 Jump to: