21 coaches online • Server time: 07:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is CLAWPOMB really a problem?
Yes, absolutley
55%
 55%  [ 464 ]
No, Chaos Dwarfs Disagree
20%
 20%  [ 174 ]
Still Haven't Decided
8%
 8%  [ 75 ]
Pie!
15%
 15%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 840

koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2015 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The solution is to play O[L]C

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2015 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The biggest problem I find lately in the [B]lack Box, is the lack thereof. Lame old dorfs & orcs have overrun the best division on Fumbbl.

CALL TO ARMS!

Bring out your clawpomb menz & kill these lame invaders!
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2015 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Wassup Bill? Don't like orcses? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2015 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

/complain

Oh, that was a hearty rant...

Big hit by albinv, once again.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2015 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

We could get sidetracked and discuss how CPOMB is one of the few skill combos that has a counter to the counter move if it is stacked with Grab or Jugger.

SO

How can you not say Fend is not a really effective, awesomely effective or effective counter when it is the ONLY COUNTER?

Because, while a single Clawpomber can easily target the players without Fend and remove them, you need to spam Fend on a lot of players of yours to have a degree of protection.
Teams that can spam Fend better are Norse and Dwarfs, it's hard to get it on the rest of teams because they either lack core skills or need other skills first, and even if you spam Fend on a team some players will be depitched anyway.
The fact Fend is the only counter doesn't make it a great counter.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %02, %2015 - %13:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2015 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Your post is so juicy, sir, I just have to tear into it one more time for more red meat.

So, we have a straw man CD standing before us. He has B/T/C/MB/PO/J/G at 76+ SPP. And then at Legend he has frenzy.

And Iam supposed to lay down and die and not take fend because I might just one day run across this straw man? How many are on the same team? All 6 CD are built the exact same way? Oh, so I have to face 6 straw men.

Well

I know for a fact that only one of them can blitz using PileOn a turn. That is what JUGGER is for.

I know for a fact that if I dodge away or block away the other CD so that they cannot block me. Which is why these straw men of death and destruction have Grab.

I know for a fact I can foul any of these straw men who are laying prone, ideally with my DP.

Wait, that is the exact same plan I use for every day Ho Hum Mighty Blow teams.

Why am I living in fear of these straw men?

Because Clawpombers remove players way easily than pombers.
When they lay prone they are protected by team mates, so fouling them is not so easy, and since fouling in CRP sucks you could make things worse if your fouler were ejected.
Brot

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2015 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

On a podcast (can't remember which one) I once heard the proposed solution that a player using Piling On does not gain any modifiers on the reroll. What do people think of this variant? Is it too crippling or otherwise weak?

I'm just asking because it seems to me a fluff-fitting nerf. Only being able to pile on someone if they're stunned seems more arbitrary - the player gains no bonus because he only uses his body (not his mighty fists or claws)...
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

At the end of the day what is the real problem with CPOMB?

#1 is it that it is to easy to acquire?

Or

#2 is it that regardless of how it is acquired it is still to powerful?

I ask because under LRB4 rules CL/RSC was more powerful that CPOMB yet we did not have a thread dedicated to coaches to bitch and moan about it.

Which leads me to believe that the path to get CPOMB is to easy and thus the source of the problem.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Or

I ask because under LRB4 rules CL/RSC was more powerful that CPOMB yet we did not have a thread dedicated to coaches to bitch and moan about it.

Which leads me to believe that the path to get CPOMB is to easy and thus the source of the problem.

Make Piling On an agility skill. Any more problems you guys are in need of solving? I'll be here all day.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Maybe the admins were more liberal at that time?

CL/RSC was completely broken and subsequentually even removed. People did complain about it. Access is not the issue. If you limit the access it may be less of an issue in perpetual leagues in terms of mass of encounters. Yet when they are encounterd they would still cause the same types of unbalanced matchups.

There was whining about CL/RSC. Of course in LRB4 CL/RSC wasn't the only problem, LRB4 was full of broken mechanics, like TR, aging, handicaps, fouling, fanfactor, teamamangement, which all were even worse.

In CRP CPOMB is the only problem. Since there aren't any other problems, of course it gets all the heat.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
PainState wrote:

Or

Make Piling On an agility skill. Any more problems you guys are in need of solving? I'll be here all day.

Well, it would "even" it up across all teams if you did that.

Now all teams besides "elves" need one double to PO/MB and "elves" need just one double to get PO/MB.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

It'd also be hilarious on gobbos, snots and flings with Jump Up.
fidius

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you put the "B" (Bash=+avroll) in General, the "M" (Mangle=+injroll) in Strength, move MB to Extraordinary for BGs only, "fix" PO so it works less well for low-strength mens, make Claw non-stack, add a fouling +inj skill on doubles for everyone except stunty (where it's a normal), make SG work like Pro on the whistle, and Bob's your friggin uncle.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
I think you put the "B" (Bash=+avroll) in General, the "M" (Mangle=+injroll) in Strength, move MB to Extraordinary for BGs only, "fix" PO so it works less well for low-strength mens, make Claw non-stack, add a fouling +inj skill on doubles for everyone except stunty (where it's a normal), make SG work like Pro on the whistle, and Bob's your friggin uncle.

Too many rules, not backwards compatible, would not play.
fidius

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Not bugs, those are features!
 Jump to: