51 coaches online • Server time: 12:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like this doctor?
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 23 ]
No
45%
 45%  [ 29 ]
Pie
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 64

dode74

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:
dode74 wrote:
Basically makes all BHs come back on the pitch until you roll your first perm/MNG,

No, BH players would only return to reserves if the second result would also be BH AND apo is used.
Ok, my misunderstanding. But does that mean that you cannot apo a BH back onto the pitch unless BH is rolled again?
Foad

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly, this isn't a troll - and I'm not judging...

But.... Can an admin fix the spelling in this thread title? Every time I look at my Overview and see this thread in the Recent Forum Topics, I get a "I wonder if this kid is complaining about the RNG or CPOMB" moment...

Secondly, with the loss of aging, I think the apoth is fine where it is...

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

With BHs there is no need for the apo roll, just the decision to use him now or save him for another injury. The big difference is with serious injuries and deaths where you get to see the apo result first and then decide whether to use him or not. The proposed rule protects you from apo 'failures'...

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

exactly, apo failures are an important factor in attrition.

I think Voodoo mike might actually be right, it really seems people want zero attrition in this game..... Question Question Question

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
exactly, apo failures are an important factor in attrition.

I think Voodoo mike might actually be right, it really seems people want zero attrition in this game..... Question Question Question

Lol u only just realised?!

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Its so utterly selfish though, these people want to cause cas, but they want it to be impossible to get hurt. Its ridiculous.

Yes there is a problem in this edition with cpomb being too dicey, but attrition is absolutely vital. I just cant get my head round it..... who cares when players die???? Their reason for living is to die to help you win a game.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

He is right. People want it to be an MMO, where you never actually lose anything. People are loss averse (stuff as opposed to games). Losing players has a long-term effect, losing games does not, so the logic is simple.

That doesn't mean the game should change to pander to popularity, though. This is a niche game because it appeals to a limited audience who think a bit differently to those MMO players. Turn everything into McDonalds just because it is popular and you lose the Fat Duck at Bray.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

CPOMB could still do with a nerf though. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrong thread Razz
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
Wrong thread Razz

Nah. This is just another CPOMB thread in disguise. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand that attrition is needed.

What I would hope to gain by this change, is reduce the amount of attrition in a single game. Yes. in effect you would not use apo if it fails. If it fails, you lose the player anyway. Thus in a single game you wouldn't lose 3 stars and possibly the game if your first apotechary fails and you let that one star die. Amount of attrition would in fact stay pretty much same, who heals other than good players anyway?

And if the BH-recovering is important, it could be still used as it is now. If apo is used (=spent) when initial casualty was BH (regardless of the other result), player is put to reserves. KO's can also be turned to stuns as usual, by spending apo.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

no one would use it on BH anymore though, because of how good it is at protecting skilled players. People would just use it on the first skilled player injured, then decide whether or not to use it after it works or fails. Obviously if it fails they would save it for the next one. If it works they would then decide.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:
I understand that attrition is needed.

What I would hope to gain by this change, is reduce the amount of attrition in a single game.
And what do you think the long-term effects of that would be?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

exactly, the only problem attrition wise in this edition imo, is too much comes from one source CPOMB or PO against Av7 teams, where I would rather see it more evenly spread, using buffed fouling and surfing instead. So that teams don't gain silly player advantages so quickly in a drive within 1 or 2 turns, whilst still maintaining the player turnover required to keep team's TV down. Personally I'd also rather see a little more low TV bash (again, buffed fouling) so that creating perfect killers or perfect elf ballers becomes a little harder. at the moment the jump in attrition between low and high TV is to severe a more steady stream of attrition would again be beneficial imo.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

As someone who only see the apothecary as a way to have a cheap extra player/an on pitch advantage and not a way to save a star i dislike this house rule a lot.
Although i find CPOMB to be massively unfunny and a bad gameplay mechanics (too good coaches'skill equalizer and create too much one sided game early, not necessary OP depending the matching system though) overall attrition rate is fine and should not be lowered.
 Jump to: