26 coaches online • Server time: 02:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

How does the fluff explain the new Claw rules? I would have thought that body armour would generally be protection from the claw and that low AV players should suffer worse?

Oscar Wilde
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

it doesn't. it is a pure cheese mechanic.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

It is based on Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. The player's claw exists on both sides of the tree bark simultaneously. This fills the tree with doubt and pain.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I was away for a while and missed an update. I know there was extensive discussion about nerfing the claw in one way or another.

Has there been a final decision? If so, has there been a change? If so, what is the change?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

There hasn't been any change, no.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Claw technology has developed rapidly since the days of LRB4.

All Claws allowed by the sport (i.e. not under the secret weapons rule) are to be fitted with ClawStopTM.

Here's how it works:

1. Monitor & Detect
- All claws naturally carries a small electrical warpstone signal.
- When skin contacts the claw, the signal changes because the skin is conductive.
- The change to the signal activates the safety system.

​2. Activation
- A steel pin slips into the closing claw, stopping it.
- The claw’s momentum drives the pin in further, removing the risk of subsequent contact.
- All this happens in less than 5 milliseconds!

​3. Reset
- Resetting the claw yourself is easy. Simply open the claw, and the pin will fall out, while another pin from the affordable pin cartridge will slide into place and your claw is operational.
- The entire reset process takes less than half a turn.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the change is good, but for fluff it's terrible. I think this is something the old BBRC crew didn't care enough about.

However in this case, it's probably best to just swallow the bad fluff pill and accept it for what it is. Trying to make fluff to fit the rule would feel forced and just make it look worse (from a fluff perspective).
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

What new Claw rules? What is this thread based on? Did something change this week or even year?
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:
It is based on Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. The player's claw exists on both sides of the tree bark simultaneously. This fills the tree with doubt and pain.

+1
Roland

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Av7 is so small it fits in between the claws gap?
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets state the obvious: Claw works like any other weapon. But for some reason it is feared by armored teams, and it is the psychological damage, that does the trick. (sarcasm ends here)

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Why can a heavy-handed Dwarf longbeard easily tackle a Halfling and an agile Elf can not? Answer that for me.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Lets state the obvious: Claw works like any other weapon. But for some reason it is feared by armored teams, and it is the psychological damage, that does the trick. (sarcasm ends here)

It's feared because it requires stepping out of standard play for those respective teams. Also, playing certain teams shorthanded is much more difficult inherently based on Movement and Agility but Clawpomb is high variance and usually those that can dish it out can't take it.

At the end of the day, who really cares, you can find another game in 45 minutes.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Pomb against armor 7 is the problem, but that is a cpomb thread. I don't think claw alone, or with Mb is a real dealbreaker and matchupwinner.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
Why can a heavy-handed Dwarf longbeard easily tackle a Halfling and an agile Elf can not? Answer that for me.

Yeah, but that's skill allocation, not how the skill works.

Also we all know what the OP meant, when he said 'new' it is new compared to the older version of claw.
 Jump to: