49 coaches online • Server time: 20:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

What about removing Gamefinder and turning Ranked into a division for unranked MM only?
As alternative, merging Ranked and Box into an one ranked division MM-only.
For people that like to arrange matches, pick and team build we could use Gamefinder in League division (in this case Ranked teams could be moved there so coaches don't lose their precious pixels).
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Now, if I was still an admin. This topic would be locked, you'd get warning for deliberate trolling; which would be added to your permanent notes.

I suggest you delete it yourself now.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm serious, not trolling. There is a great freedom of speech in this site, I must say.
The fact you think I'm trolling just shows you have prejudices.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Please stop this nonsense. Box is dying, deal with it.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Box is dying because this site encourages cherrypicking over blind matchmaking for competitive play.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not funny Matt; you're sniggering because you feel you're playing within the rules. News for you is that doesn't wash here. Your opinion is well known and it's easy to deduce your reasoning with 100% accuracy. I'll wager you'll get a smack for this.....pointless opinionated topic.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Box is dying because this site encourages cherrypicking over blind matchmaking for competitive play.

Box is dying because the BBRC did not properly test/think through the rules for perpetual play in an environment where you could not choose your opponent. The game is fundamentally flawed in a few key areas, Box accentuates these oversights.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

That BBRC failed is true for sure, but allowing to avoid the bad match ups skew win rate a lot, so a division where you can choose your opponent (or avoid him) can't qualify as competitive, moreover some well-known coaches exploit the possibility of playing vs rookies to collect easy wins.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Do away with CR completely I say. Have a Matchmaking division and an Open division, or even combine them. Ranked and Box are bad names.
Box is dying because BB combines the excitement of a one off match with an RPG element of building a team. It is obvious which element most users value more.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Mouse is correct. Nothing good will come from a thread like this. Honestly, keep the 'I'm a real manly man' nonsense for other outlets than threads that would get (by design or nay) to 10 pages of silly, pointless arguments in a heartbeat.
 Jump to: