21 coaches online • Server time: 04:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 06:16 Reply with quote Back to top

So I was thinking what if you could play any given game in the system against an invited opponent (via gamename, or password or something, who knows), to see how another match between the opponents would play out. Obviously a new seed would need to be generated which might be a knock against this idea.

You already have the game states saved in the system.
You can start a new league [G]rudge League where the rankings fall under instead of the original league.

I'd love to replay some of my games against specific coaches to see how it'd turn out differently.
fidius

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Lt. Riker used to do that in the holodeck but for slightly different purposes...
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
Lt. Riker used to do that in the holodeck but for slightly different purposes...

Holodeck cleanup crew would be the worst job.
Kam

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

That's called test mode. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
That's called test mode. Very Happy

That is too much hassle. Ideally you'd be able to load any old roster as you could with javabowl or BOTOCS.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it would be kind of cool. How many ppl would use it and how much work would it be though?

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Yeah it would be kind of cool. How many ppl would use it and how much work would it be though?

I figure it would be similar to the upcoming changes to league.

Editing a file will be quicker for some people than using an interface. Much quicker if you wanted to import teams from elsewhere.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:

Editing a file will be quicker for some people than using an interface. Much quicker if you wanted to import teams from elsewhere.

I presume the rosters are stored in the match replay. Getting them from tere shouldn't be much of a hassle since the client already does it when it loads games for replay.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
koadah wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:

I presume the rosters are stored in the match replay. Getting them from tere shouldn't be much of a hassle since the client already does it when it loads games for replay.

Exactly. Obviously the details of implementation would need to be hammered out by the client designers, etc. but we know we have the data to do this based on the replay files that exist.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:

I imagine it would work like named games in ranked in terms of getting your opponent to join. Fire up the "mulligan" file, give the game a name and password, tell your buddy that info, bingo bango he joins the game and you're off just as if it was a ranked game.

All stats and results would be filed under a new league [G]rudge and there would be no progression for the teams and no adjustment to CR would be made.

I would absolutely love to play a series of games against a few coaches revisiting a few of the more choice ones. Especially when either of us come up to a milestone.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

madness and lunacy, sir!

Jump to: