48 coaches online • Server time: 14:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalminael

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys!

I'd like to share with you a way of playing we used from a long time with some friends: be general manager of each others team. It's kinda like the players adoption except that is the whole team you adopt. So basically, you choose everything for the team: Team's name, fluff and composition, players names, pics and bios. Every time a player progress toward legendary, you choose the skills. You choose what to do with the gold. You choose when to retire a player. You do everything except... coaching!

Now, I'd like to create a small league based on this. It would be an 8 teams league where each player would be the coach of his team and general manager of an other player's team chosen randomly.

Would some of you be interested?

Last edited by Kalminael on %b %21, %2014 - %14:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

In general yes, currently no. Sounds fun though, so good luck with finding like-minded coaches! Smile

Question: Since the team I coach competes with the team I manage, doesn't that lead to poor management? Or do you get some sort of credit for both teams winning? Or am I thinking overly competitive? Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of coaching a team that someone else has managed and vice versa, it would be a challenge. How about creating 2 divisions of where you get to manage in one division and coach in another? It means you would not have to coach against your managed team.

Throw in some fluff and special rules and it could be an awesome league with a great incentive to spectate games and loads of dialogue between players.
Kalminael

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought about the 2 divisions thing, but the problem is that in this case, it has to be at least a 16 teams league, which is harder to find ^^

To avoid the problem, I would suggest two differents standings:
- Team standing
- General manager standing

Anyway, this never has been a problem when I played against friend's team that I managed: always compete for victory, even against "my" team Smile But in a league environnement, this could be an issue.
sonrises

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea too.

And i agree with PaddyMick, create multiple divisions, so you can NOT play against the team you managed.

I would create 4 divisions : BASHERS, AGILE, BALANCED and STUNTY for example, and you manage 1 team in 1 division and coach another in another division.

Fluff it a bit and it looks fun.
Kalminael

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, divisions is probably the best solution! Let's go with this so Smile

But I'd rather mix all the team's "types".
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I am interested in general manager position, but not interested in playing in another league at the moment.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

i would be intrested in giving this a go
Kalminael

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

@bghandras: I think it would be better if each manager also plays a team in the other division.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm seriously interested. Could you start with 4 teams in each division and grow from there?
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you already have an idea about schedule? Like fixed schedule or orr? And what pace? One macth every two weeks? It could take a while getting the manager to decide on what to do and the coach getting around to actually do it.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok guys, let's try!

What about 2 divisions of 4 teams. Round robin, one match/week?

Players interested:
-Kalminael
-PaddyMick
-sonrises?
-Candlejack?
-Albemouff?

I'm also interested if someone who speak english well (not like me ^^) wants to manage the group page.
albinv

Post 14 Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Find the idea a very appealing/ interesting one but cant give reliable support atm.

Bookmarked for later.
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

and all it takes is one ass who decides to hire all linemen, no apoc, no RR's and fires every player with a decent skill up

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2014 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Shades_SteelFist wrote:
and all it takes is one ass who decides to hire all linemen, no apoc, no RR's and fires every player with a decent skill up

Well I guess the point would be to try and win both divisions, one by coaching and one by managing, so you'd want the best team possible.
 Jump to: