41 coaches online • Server time: 11:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat, maybe it makes sense to have a secondary tracking of those feats and create an award based on that.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a bit too busy to be league administrator, sorry Smile
But I like the idea and i'll seriously consider joining up when everything is in place.
Suggestion for fluff - keep it simple and base it on the warhammer world, with teams coming from a specific place, and meeting to play in the Empire.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Smeat, maybe it makes sense to have a secondary tracking of those feats and create an award based on that.

Or even to use them as (part of) a tie-breaker at the end of the season, maybe, sure.

But to be the same value (or much more!) than a tie game, or possibly even a win in some cases... urk.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
monk12

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Instead of randomly GMing another player's team, what if you were randomly assigned a GM/Coach pairing, and treated as a team for the duration of the season? Overall success would be determined as a combination of both teams' records, perhaps with a bonus for winning the division. After the season, the GM/Coach teams get randomly repaired.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If you end up with a coach you don't get along with well, it can pretty much spoil your fun, I guess - even more so if you are obviously the better one and get dragged down by your "partner". Both can easily lead to dropouts, I'm afraid.

Edit:
On the other hand, if a pair of coaches works well, it would open up an opportunity for great teamwork, fun and learning. Especially if they can choose the races they play together.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Can a manager fire a coach? (And/or can a coach/team quit a manager?)

I would say no.

Quote:
How will this be enforced? If a Manager has one idea and the Coach a diff one, practically speaking the Coach has final say (because it's "his" team). Confused

Maybe a weekly PM thread with all the Team decisions (since PM's can't be edited). Written in stone, the Coach has to follow it.

I say there should be no communication between a GM and coach.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
If you end up with a coach you don't get along with well, it can pretty much spoil your fun, I guess - even more so if you are obviously the better one and get dragged down by your "partner". Both can easily lead to dropouts, I'm afraid.

Then you fire the Coach as the General Manager or you resign and put out your resume for other GMs to hire.

I'm serious.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

@MonkeyMan:
But the site doesn't allow for another coach to "manage" the team practically. Site-wise you are always owner, manager and coach.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
@MonkeyMan:
But the site doesn't allow for another coach to "manage" the team practically. Site-wise you are always owner, manager and coach.

Is there the ability to create teams in League that already have skills, bankroll, dice, FF etc etc?

Because that would solve that and also provide a nice clean regime change for record keeping purposes.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

No, all those are options that are hopefully added at some point in the future. But right now, team management is exactly the same as in Box/Ranked.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't need the other coach to phsyically manage the team. The coach can PM the GM their skill roll options, player purchases, etc, then the coach can plug it in.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, I think the top CR rated coach should be matched with the bottom rated GM. First of all, this is the fairest way to do it. Second, I think a higher rated coach is more able to compensate for a poor GM and thus be less likely to quit, and also their experience may allow them to understand that good or bad GM match ups is part of the reason for the league.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

..is there some way to become a coach rather than a manager?
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm guessing that might cause a mismatch in the number of coaches, but I'm not sure.
Kalminael

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:
So Team Spirit means that in one game all 11 players need to get at least one point?

No, in my mind it's more: if at the end of a round, the whole got at least 1spp, then the manager got bonus points.

Smeat wrote:
Kalminael wrote:
Kalminael wrote:
I came up with a set of rules.

RULES

- Once the weekly games are finished, GM have to take all the decisions for the team: progression rolls, players hiring and/or retiring, use of treasury, ...

How will this be enforced? If a Manager has one idea and the Coach a diff one, practically speaking the Coach has final say (because it's "his" team). Confused

Maybe a weekly PM thread with all the Team decisions (since PM's can't be edited). Written in stone, the Coach has to follow it.

It is the entire principe of the league, a coach who planed not to play by the rules shouldn't even enter this league. But to even avoid temptation, I'd say like you: write it in the stone: PM and/or post in a dedicated thread. Then if a coach didn't follow the instructions (even if they seem odd to him), then he will be punished (loose of points for example).

Smeat wrote:
Um... this Rule means that the "once/week" rate is not actually 1x/7 days, and could take much longer.

How about a simple "new weeks start every Tuesday" (or Thurs, or whatever) and if someone is late, they take a forfeit. Joining a League is a commitment to the other coaches, and to NOT make them wait on you if you're slow. Get the game played early if you want time to think about the manager's decisions.

I wanted to make something not too harsh but maybe you're right. Manager and coach don't need to get connected at the same time for the manager to take his decisions.

Smeat wrote:
While fun and fluffy, some of these favor some Races over others to an extreme - high Bash, high Agility, high AV. Some teams could get "2 wins" worth of points in a single game (and quite possibly do so regularly!). While creative, not sure it's a good idea.

3 of the rules are used in competitive tabletop tournaments, just added rainy day/unbreakables. Maybe these ones are too much...

Smeat wrote:
Are we putting limits on the number of teams of one Race?

Would be great if it wasn't needed. But yeah, that's better for variety.

For all the others suggestion, I do like the idea of paired GM/coach, association that ends by the end of the season. There could even be a third standing for pairs
 Jump to: