25 coaches online • Server time: 09:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sonrises

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

*moved

Last edited by sonrises on %b %17, %2014 - %01:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, that is indeed a surprising distribution of teams!

No amazons?! Well, they don't really shine against high TV teams, but still... And only one more other wood elf team? Too bad mine won't last long...

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Wow, that is indeed a surprising distribution of teams!

No amazons?! Well, they don't really shine against high TV teams, but still... And only one more other wood elf team? Too bad mine won't last long...

certainly wont Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it really surprising?
Chaos-Nurgle-C.Dorfs top as expected, they dominate the Box anyway.
Humans high thanks to the Proud HLP. Dorfs are, well, dorfs Wink
Necro - Undead - Khemri hope for regen to counter CPOMB.
High TV Elves cannot play regularly in the Box because retirement is much more possible than team building. So if a team gets high enough (are there any?) better park for Majors than risk it in regular games.

For me the only big surprise were Orcs and, to a lesser extent, Skaven. Maybe even Lizzies although they have the same problems as Elves at High TV.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

My only high TV box team (cdorfs) drew these flings with a missing tree in the first round. I think even I am rooting for the flings here.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

healing potion maybe?

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I may not remember correctly, but I think that tree was injured by a fling going both down Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
Is it really surprising?
High TV Elves cannot play regularly in the Box because retirement is much more possible than team building. So if a team gets high enough (are there any?) better park for Majors than risk it in regular games.

For me the only big surprise were Orcs and, to a lesser extent, Skaven. Maybe even Lizzies although they have the same problems as Elves at High TV.

Well considering 4 of the past 5 Black Cups have been won by elf teams, only 7 elf entries out of 108 this time is amazing. Wish I'd played a bit more with my woodies, they're too inexperienced to have much of a chance. But then elfs are some of the better sides with inducements - wizard, babes and Eldril are great... Very odd. There seems to be a general (mis?)conception that ClawPOMB rules the Box at the moment, maybe that explains it. Might be true for general matchmaking games, but not tournaments?!
Azure

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:
cdassak wrote:
Is it really surprising?

Well considering 4 of the past 5 Black Cups have been won by elf teams, only 7 elf entries out of 108 this time is amazing. Wish I'd played a bit more with my woodies, they're too inexperienced to have much of a chance. But then elfs are some of the better sides with inducements - wizard, babes and Eldril are great... Very odd. There seems to be a general (mis?)conception that ClawPOMB rules the Box at the moment, maybe that explains it. Might be true for general matchmaking games, but not tournaments?!

I am not too surprised. A well developed elf team has the highest probability to win. The issue is that it is difficult to get an elf team well developed and most people do not have the patience to get them to the peak, then hold them until a tournament.

It is much simpler to just toss in whatever bashy team is in good shape when a tournament comes around.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

come on people, play some tourney games. I have time to kill Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

"Feed the Tree" (with brand new logo provided by Kam, many thanks!) and "Blackcup Gobos" (Garion's rookies, without any logo!) will meet tonight at 21:00 bbtime. Both teams want a bloodbath. An some stars will probably turn up, too. Should be entertaining!

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the Black Cup **

FUMBBL fans I staggered out of bed this morning with a massive hang over. Spent all night wandering the town that has sprung up out side the Black Cup stadium in the Northern Waste.

On a side note I would like to point out that the wenches in this shanty town in the Northern Waste are really bad man. I suspect half of them are mutants and the other half are the has been left overs from some dwarf settlement. The patrons are a rough and tumble lot, not that I have anything against that, it is just the conversation is usually not very enlightening and usualy ends up in violence.

So, I staggered out of my bed. Washed my face of the gruel and vomit, touched up my black eye and reset my dislocated finger from the nightly scrumm.

Headed on over to the mini bar and loaded up a triple shot of Norscan vodka with orange juice, I need my vitamen C my friends, scurvy is nasty, trust me. Looked over at the night stand and lo and behold. The picks for the main draw of the Chaos Cup were sitting there.

So here they are, the 16 stone cold lead pipe locks of teams to lose in the opening round predictions.

How I did this was I broke the entire Black Cup into 8 qualifiers of 16 teams, yes, you might have to print out the schedule and write in the brackets to follow along.

Hold on to your butt, here they come.

Qualifier #1
Dark Elf Boxing: I suspect one elf team will sneak on through, so I will go with the Black Cup 1 champs.

WMD's in the Box: Back up and running and looking in prime killing shape.

Qualifier #2

Fight Chaos with Chaos: looking good and looking to take names and numbers and assign them to their coffins.

Death Guard Legion: Oh, my. They might not win it all but they will cover the pitch in blood.

Qualifier #3

Nanos Chaoticos: Looking for a titanic throw down in the Black Cup, I think they found one.

Killing the Box: Yes they are but just because you can kill, does that mean you can win?

Qualifier #4

Gotham Greats: They do not look that good but I will give a nod to the skipper. Maybe he can guide them through the trouble waters into the final 16.

Nuevo Ricos: My flier pick of the Black Cup. I will admit right now I was so drunk when I made this pick I did not even look at the team. So this is a blind random pick. This is the land of chaos man, you never know.

Qualifier #5

KNO: These guys know how to lay some suckers out and have gone deep before.

Sons of Brutus: Humanity rises up and the draw was not a out right death sentence for them.

Qualifier #6

Azure Claw Squad: They are pimped out and ready to go. Lets see if they can brawl their way into the final 16

Little Men, Big Bulls: Got a not nice draw and they are looking good enough to blow up this qualifier group

Qualifier #7

StudMenDudeBros: Is it to early to rip my shirt off and start waving it around my head?

Box Griefers: Man I hate box, I hate CPOMB, I hate min/max, this is just stupid...Keep griefing man as they go deep and win this thing.

Qualifier #8

Z-men First Class: Looking to join KNO in the final 16 and raise the standard of Khemri and make a deep run. They might be dead but they are always top of the class.

Negative Purple: Can the defending Champs rise up once again and smite all? Or will they be ground into dust and flushed down the toilet?

Last edited by PainState on %b %16, %2014 - %23:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

naaa jimmys getting knocked out by rookie goblins Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

haha I really am!

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2014 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
Only 7/108, where have all the Box Elf teams gone, I wonder Wink

They were all killed by Norse....
 Jump to: