51 coaches online • Server time: 13:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grot2go79

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello my fellow 40k'ers have decided to start a league for bloodbowl. we have 4 human teams 4 ork teams 1 dwarf team and then myself undecided. My question is i want to play something that nobody else is playing for this league. i need something to build on durably for league play we are playing 17 game reg season with playoffs. So what should i play and what kind of lineup to win a league with humans orks and dwarves.
any help make you awesome thanks.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you playing TT? If so, then there are a lot choices and you should hone your skills by playing on here! The learning curve on FUMBBL is amazing....

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, you should start by joining Koadah's 145 Club!

And Welcome to BloodBowl...it can get addicting. we have a club for that too...BB Anonymous. Very Happy
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 18:24
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Yo, If you have player improvements (they skill up and die permanently) then you have many many choices. I would personally go for Dark Elfs, Nurgle or Skaven in that case.

Darkies - decent armour plus ELF! rolling doubles on any positional can win major games too. Just dont get any runners or assasins. Runners die easy and your league has too much AV for stabbing.

Nurgle - super defense and can hurt high armour teams pretty good. pestigors can mutate to fill any roll and stat ups are great! They are pretty slow to start up though but well worth it after a season or 2

Skaven - play them well (or just ok) and youll win many a game. Just expect a high turn over when the orks and dorfs get their mighty blow.

Last edited by Lorebass on %b %18, %2014 - %18:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Grot2go79 wrote:
Hello my fellow 40k'ers have decided to start a league for bloodbowl. we have 4 human teams 4 ork teams 1 dwarf team and then myself undecided. My question is i want to play something that nobody else is playing for this league. i need something to build on durably for league play we are playing 17 game reg season with playoffs. So what should i play and what kind of lineup to win a league with humans orks and dwarves.
any help make you awesome thanks.

Go Dark Elves. I presume that very few in the league is going to take Tackle with any regularity just to contain you.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to win play undead. They are the most brutal starter team about, they can dish out a world of pain and they are quite mobile. Also welcome to fumbbl Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to fummbl!
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
If you want to win play undead. They are the most brutal starter team about, they can dish out a world of pain and they are quite mobile. Also welcome to fumbbl Smile

+1 to this and with Regen and 2 big guys without loner they are a more newbie friendly team.
Grot2go79

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

undead does look good, but so does dark elves and chaos nurgle. which teams has the most durablitly for league play.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead out of those. Chaos and Nurgle are not for new coaches. They start off really bad. Dark Elves are great but to learn the basics I would always recommend Undead or Orc.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead ... which gives you the added bonus of raising your opponents players Razz
Pentalarc

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead is good for durability compared to dark elves, Nurgle is a toss up. Most of them are pretty durable, but their linemen are brittle. You might also want to consider Necromantic with no ghouls for long-term durability. (Skill one wolf as a ball carrier and the other as a hunter/seeker)
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

As to Nurgle check out this thread that recently popped up: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=25297

They are very hard for someone new to the game, especially at low TV.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

hello sir

would you like to play my innocent CDs with your scary halflings?

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

more seriously, undead are a great starter team. durable, and you learn positioning with the zombies.

Jump to: