52 coaches online • Server time: 19:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grot2go79

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

it may sound stupid but what does tv stand for and since i cant find models for undead what is the best option for getting models for the team?
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Team Value and these are the best alternate Undead models about atm I would use the two mummies and two wights near the bottom of this page http://willy-miniatures.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Undeads or you can just buy the full team here - http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=willy_profile&id=WM_0027

for zombies, just get Games workshop zombies and kit bash them, same for ghouls.

or just use Lego figures as proxies. like this - http://s61.photobucket.com/user/Talarius/library/Blood%20Bowl/Lego%20Blood%20Bowl?sort=3&page=1

Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

This is for table top, but yes play some games here Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Many suppliers here: http://www.thenaf.net/resources/suppliers/

And all sorts of goodness on the site too!

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome!

TV stands for "Team Value" - see page 25 of the BB Competition Rules Pack rulebook.

(And there are no stupid questions - but those are the easiest to answer.) Wink

Grot2go79 wrote:
undead does look good, but so does dark elves and chaos nurgle. which teams has the most durablitly for league play.

Regen is great, but you have to have a very "zen" philosophy going in to the team - every BH, every cas is a coin toss - heads you win, tails you lose. And your ghouls have nothing to save them.

If you can live (or die) with that, they can be a lot of fun.

https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6UndeadSetUp

The advantage of DElfs is their AG 4 - no matter the situation, Ag 4 can do anything. They don't always DO it, but they CAN do it - and that worries your oppos, and always gives you an out to score or stop a score, and any mistake by an opponent is a license to steal the ball and probably win the game then and there.

And the ability to skill up any MVP w/ a fluff pass on a 2+ 2+, and to get up to 6 Blodgers in the team's first 6 skills, that's just money.

https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6DarkElfSetUp

(And general Team info page, w/ advice and recommended early skills by position: https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6RaceStrategy )

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

If you decide to go with Undead, GW did make a team, but you'd have to get it second hand from ebay now. And there are better alternative options nowadays.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 for undead. As I see, all of the guys play bashing teams and rookie coaches tend to play bashing style even with elves. Undeads are great with regen and cheap zombos.
Grot2go79

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

ok im know i want undead but i see necro has a team of undead too. one has skeletons and mummies and one has no skeletons and mummies but has werewolves. my now is what play style do these have and which fits my league better i really like the werewolves. i have a 1,000,000,000 to do my build for the start of the league. any line up thoughts?
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 01:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6RaceStrategy

start here gives rosters team builds and some nice starting stratagems for each race.

welcome to fumbbl.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

undead and necro are both good teams. undead start out stronger and are more forgiving to rookie coach's due to st5 mb mummies, and not having to worry about frenzy on the wolves.
i wouldnt recommend nerco to inexperience coach's, but personally, i enjoy playing necro more. but only once the wolves have a couple of skills and the flesh golems have block. until then, the team can be very frustrating.
undead roster:
2 mummies 220k
2 wights 180k
3 ghouls 210k
4 zombies 160k
3 rerolls 210k
tv = 980k

this is the standard undead starting roster. only real viable alternative i see is to drop a ghoul and take 2 zombies instead, to give you a reserve. if you do this, be prepared to foul!
Jamerson

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Khemri or undead seem to be a good starting teams. Bashy and fun. Elves win alot so must be something in it! Orcs generally suck - mine usually get outbashed by Elves and Skaven.

I am a fixer. And my services are valued.

Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Smile
My tip: go Undead.
You're facing an heavy league, I would avoid low-growth team (Dark Elf, Elf, High Elf, Chaos, Nurgle, Khemri, Necromantic), you need something good to rock from the start since it's gonna face a lot of attrition and need refills often.

I'd go with Lizards but they're tricky at the beginning, Udead teams give you all you need to learn the basics: ST5 boys (learn to get almost always 3d blocks), reliable blitzers and good runners with Dodge (and, except for Dwarves, few people will take Tackle in such a league). Show them how it's done!

As a side note, I'd try to make some of those guys change race, it's not fun to have all the same teams. If you lack miniatures just use cardboard silhouettes, BB was like that in an old edition ^^
nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:

As a side note, I'd try to make some of those guys change race, it's not fun to have all the same teams. If you lack miniatures just use cardboard silhouettes, BB was like that in an old edition ^^

this. you are missing out on a lot of the charm of bloodbowl
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup. With 24 races to choose from, it's a bit of a shame to have only 4 races represented in your 10 players. If it's just because they're the miniatures people have, the humans can easily be used as Norse, Vampires, Pact, or Amazons.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Grot2go79 wrote:
ok im know i want undead but i see necro has a team of undead too. one has skeletons and mummies and one has no skeletons and mummies but has werewolves. my now is what play style do these have and which fits my league better i really like the werewolves. i have a 1,000,000,000 to do my build for the start of the league. any line up thoughts?

actually was going to suggest for you to take Necros yesterday, just couldn't bother to click the submit button. Smile

Undead are a bit sturdier than Necros. They are all about the Mummies, argueably one of the best playertypes in the game (St5 with no nega trait- and twice.)

All undead races suffer from random death syndrome- ie: although your team has overall a greater survivability it is harder for you to protect key players than it is for races with access to an apo.

The additional 2 ghouls as well as the skelletons are non-essential additions on the undead team.

Necros in comparison come with a severe lack of strengh. Obviously they are all about the werewolves.
The werewolves can be pure death machines but lack of strengh access makes it rather complicated to skill them in that direction.

I believe with your opponents races (4 orcs, 4 humans and one dwarf team) a necro team could do excellently against all of them.

It's a decent race low and mid TV (TV is a measurer for a teams strengh). Orcs are tough to handle but Claw is about the best weapon one can have against them.

How to use Necro:
The Werewolves are obviously build to be blitzers. In that way they are the entire opposite to mummies, being faster and easier to destroy. Mind you that in LRB4 Werewolves would die more often than Halflings according to the stats (they didn't have regenerate.)

Frenzy is a bit of a two edged skill. A wolf is basically an attack and retreat player type. After his advance he returns back behind his own lines thanks to his ridiculusly high speed. But if you don't manage to get a pow on your target you will find yourself in a tacklezone. So it is very important that you only use him for 'save' blitzes, when you know that you can somehow set up a 2d-block for the second block in case you roll a push back the first time.
Obviously you want to get Block skill fast to reduce the fallout from all the blocking, aswell as Dodge when you really fail to get somebody down.

I do not recommend using him as carrier in spite of his superior speed also because of Frenzy. A carrier is sometimes in a situation where he has to blitz himself out of a crowd with unfavorable strengh. As mentioned, Frenzy players just have a hard time getting untagged.

The ghouls and wights make excellent carriers on both teams. Ghouls may have a bit of the advantage there but Wights are sturdier and survive longer. I prefer the ghouls but they all need skilling. The linefood should remain unskilled with both races.

Necros also come with flesh golems, the (worse) replacement for mummies. Flesh Golems are essentially overpriced deluxe BOBs (Black Orc Blockers).
They are not essential to have on the team but can help to releave pressure when an unexperienced coach has to deal with a vastly stronger race. (Like you playing against Orcs.) Still, I'd carefully consider if you don't wanna rather start with more RR and more players than putting those in your start line roster.

If you decide to buy them you should probably go for two of them at once. Stand Firm makes them excellent at standing in the way.

In a way they replace a big guys function in that. You should usually keep them in a crowd to not give your opponent the chance to get 2 dice on them. But overall the most important thing is to find the structurally weakest point in your position and caging and to place them right there.

In the beginning of the game that is usually the wings that cannot be properly secured. From there they should probably move a little more towards the center after the game has started (if you have just one, your opponent can just move on the other side and circumvent him). They are not suited for the line. Undead and Necros have in zombies about there best line players there are: Cheap and useless, ready to be slaughterd. You do not want a 110 k player to be crushed on the line in turn 1. Besides they will get just stuck there and they aren't that strong, (compared to what an Orc team can bring for instance.)

Anyways if you want to learn more about positioning you can also check out my BB guide book in my blog under 'thousand losses play book'.

Anyways good luck in your league. (Also in a league 4 orc and 4 human teams, the humans will have a really tough time.)
 Jump to: