42 coaches online • Server time: 15:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

So my brother and will be sitting down for a 'friendly' TT game tomorrow and I'd love to make him feel shame.

We're building 1100 teams with 6 skills, doubles cost 2 and only one player may have up to 3 skills. I'm pretty set on either Nurgle or Chaos and I believe he'll be playing either Lizards, Slann, Necro or Underworld.

Any words of wisdom to ensure(Nuffle willing) victory? I'm pretty sure block on all the warriors regardless, maybe make one the 3 skill guy and a killer, otherwise ball carrying a pestigor/beastman.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

clawpomb all mens

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Drug him the night before.

I am a fixer. And my services are valued.

charlie1331

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Two very solid tactics. I plan on aiding his decision making process with copious amounts of Jameson.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably(?) not Nurgle. Nurgle is not a strong team out of the gate, even with 6 team skills (Altho' it's starting to get there. Stand Firm on the Beast + 5 Blockers might do it, or SF + some variant on the suggestion below.) An extra rotter for fouling in 1st half, but this would rely on the dice more than your skill.

Chaos, either w/ 6 Blockers or 3 + 1 Clawpomber, or some combo in that direction. (Under CRP, the Bash is superior, just how the math works. You want (just) 1 mobile heavy hitter to Blitz, and the rest Block for reliability.) Possibly 1 Frenzy (with or without Block/Wrestle) as a Sweeper and for surf option (Wrestle better for dropping ballcarrier/etc, Block better for position/surfing/etc.).

Lack of Tackle can be made up for by the Frenzy, and/or by getting 3d on St 2 players (if he goes there).

GL!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I would go chaos with minotard, give him claw po and block. Then have a sure hands beastman and a bunch of block players.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

A bunch being 1. 6 total skills, double counts as 2. So the mino takes 4 of the slots, SH the 5th, and that means there's only one left to give someone Block...

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Personally I would go chaos with minotard, give him claw po and block. Then have a sure hands beastman and a bunch of block players.

If they're only allowed 6 skills, and doubles count double, that's a Block/Claw/PO Mino (4), 1 SH - and that only leaves 1 Blocker.

charlie1331 wrote:
So my brother and will be sitting down for a 'friendly' TT game tomorrow and I'd love to make him feel shame.

Forgot to ask - who is usually better? Be honest - who usually wins? (And is he your little brother or older? That's important psychologically!)

charlie1331 wrote:
I'm pretty set on either Nurgle or Chaos and I believe he'll be playing either Lizards, Slann, Necro or Underworld.

Are those your only choices, Nurgle or Chaos? Chaos probably > Nurgle, but I'd think there would be some other suggestions for an 1100 team that would work well/better w/ 6 skills. (Norse? DElf? ...?)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarf. 6 Guards. Win.
liquidorange

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
Dwarf. 6 Guards. Win.

This. Your lack of tackle, especially considering the dodge on all his potential teams, is going to hurt badly.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurgle:
1 Beast of Nurgle
3 Nurgle Warriors ~ Tents on each
1 Pestigor ~ Wrestle/Frenzy
1 Rotter ~ DP or Kick
7 Rotters
3 Team Re Rolls
2 Fan Factor or 1 Cheerleader + 1 Assistant Coach

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure Dwarves, even with 6 Guard, would fancy Lizards very much. Wink

If it's to be Nurgle or Chaos, make sure you have some Block and avoid 1/9s. If you have a free reign; Woodies, Undead and Lizards are the big three at 1.1 m if you're dishing out free skills and you don't factor in ClawPOMB. And why would you? Even if you want to crush him, that's a long game of tabletop if you are "that guy".
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
Garion wrote:

If they're only allowed 6 skills, and doubles count double, that's a Block/Claw/PO Mino (4), 1 SH - and that only leaves 1 Blocker.

charlie1331 wrote:

Forgot to ask - who is usually better? Be honest - who usually wins? (And is he your little brother or older? That's important psychologically!)

charlie1331 wrote:
I'm pretty set on either Nurgle or Chaos and I believe he'll be playing either Lizards, Slann, Necro or Underworld.

Are those your only choices, Nurgle or Chaos? Chaos probably > Nurgle, but I'd think there would be some other suggestions for an 1100 team that would work well/better w/ 6 skills. (Norse? DElf? ...?)

We're fairly evenly matched skill-wise, probably split our matches 50-50 all told. I am the older brother however so losing to him would be a double gut shot. Plus our dad will probably be there to spec (he's a beginner player that we've brought into Nuffle's compassionless embrace) so there could be some inheritance money on the line.

We're trying to avoid T1 teams and explore some of the T2 teams. We're both in a league so it's a kind of trial run for next seasons teams. That's why I'm leaning towards either Chaos/Nurgle although our league already has a Chaos team and no one has played Nurgle yet.

The B/C/PO mino would take 4 slots so he's illegal. B/C would work or C/PO for two.
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I'm not sure Dwarves, even with 6 Guard, would fancy Lizards very much. Wink

If it's to be Nurgle or Chaos, make sure you have some Block and avoid 1/9s. If you have a free reign; Woodies, Undead and Lizards are the big three at 1.1 m if you're dishing out free skills and you don't factor in ClawPOMB. And why would you? Even if you want to crush him, that's a long game of tabletop if you are "that guy".

Ah, missed they were lizzies!
Still, 6 Guards are 6 Guards, a very entertaining game for sure if you like block wars.
Woodies of course come as top choice and natural counter. And fun. You did a good job remembering clawmbpo is not fun, even if you like its dullness your opponent will simply leave the table if it gets boring enough, which is your goal while you play clawmbpo, which is the opposite of what you're looking for in a BB match Wink
 Jump to: