20 coaches online • Server time: 05:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone got some tips or know a decent blog or something with ideas on converting GW Dwarf longbeards into Chaos dwarf ones? I have the GW chaos dwarf set I was going to put on my painting list next but the evil GW only put 4 Chaos Dwarf blockers in the box... Sad

Oscar Wilde
truckerpunk

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

This might help: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/guide1.php
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The main thing is the beard, which wants that ringlet look instead of the natural look of a regular dwarf. There's no simple way to convert that, sculpting it from green stuff is about it. Though there are tools available now for making cables and tentacles that would make it easier. Like this one. Finish that off with a little green stuff to give him a bigger nose and a fang.
Then you need to give it the big hat, which can be simply done with map pins, this kind

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Must Have Big HATS!

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Those are some great tips thanks xnoelx and truckerpunk. The map pins are genius simple. Fixing his nose should be easy just leaving the beard. Truckerpunk's link helps with that Smile

Oscar Wilde
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well really you don't have to do too much. There are 2 schools of chaos dwarfs. The original school is dwarfs that have turned to chaos. The second school is the big hat Hashut mob.

So you can go with the original look fairly easily by giving them greenish skin and a blue or greenish beard for example. You can add some chaosy parts from a chaos warrior pack, to show their allegiance is to Chaos.
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Well really you don't have to do too much. There are 2 schools of chaos dwarfs. The original school is dwarfs that have turned to chaos. The second school is the big hat Hashut mob.

So you can go with the original look fairly easily by giving them greenish skin and a blue or greenish beard for example. You can add some chaosy parts from a chaos warrior pack, to show their allegiance is to Chaos.

Nice idea about the chaos parts - I have a Marauder pack I used to make my Chaos Pact team. I think the Hashut mob is what I am trying to achieve though since I already have the box set hashut GW team.

Oscar Wilde
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2014 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, then chaos-dwarf.com and chaosdwarf.com are the places to find guides. We put a lot of stuff on converting on those sites.

Personally I'm more of a chaos chaos dwarf man than a hashut chaos dwarf guy myself. The Marauder miniatures for me are the best minis of all time. But hey ho, if that's what you have, making them chaosy would look out of place.
 Jump to: