32 coaches online • Server time: 09:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jamerson

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Apologies if this seems really obvious but I think I must have got my wires crossed or am missing something straightforward here...

I was convinced that on a blitz move, you can move your player the maximum amount of MA (without using Go For It) and still throw a block once you have finished moving?

The reason I ask is that I blitzed with a Golum who moved his Maximum MA (4) but then when I threw the block, he had to roll a Go For it (and failed). Couldn't see any other reasons for a Go For It roll - no other tackle zones etc

Any ideas folks?

If anyone wants to check the reply, it happened in this match (https://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3594947) second half, turn 5, player is Shrave Pliers, Team - Death Will Become Us.

Thanks again.

I am a fixer. And my services are valued.

dermatu

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

a block costs one point of movement ability
spinball

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

it takes one movement point to throw a block on a blitz
Jamerson

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah - thought it was something obvious. I think my confusion was caused by using other more mobile players with higher MA and AG to blitz.

Cheers for clearing that up Smile

I am a fixer. And my services are valued.

Smeat

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Only(?) exceptions to this are Stabs and Fouls, which only require a player to be able to move next to the target, no further.

(edit: corrected, thx)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)

Last edited by Smeat on %b %25, %2014 - %08:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
paradocks

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought chainsaws and fouls required a square of MA now whereas in LRB it didn't?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw blitzing does, fouling doesn't.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is how to get the link to the CRP rules pdf best version. This is the Icepelt version which is the one with all didyouknows etc back in that were removed from the standard version! Most of us couldn't get our hands until Cyanide recently started hosting it.

Edit: Link removed though it is hosted on the Cyanide site. So instead follow this and then click the rules near the top of the forum list.

http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/

For members of talkfantasy football you could go to the thread below to get the link.

http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=40025

Last edited by garyt1 on %b %25, %2014 - %06:%Aug; edited 4 times in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

(Edited)

A link to a site to where you can find the 'current' ruleset is allowable.

Last edited by harvestmouse on %b %25, %2014 - %15:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 06:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I have altered the links above so it is a link to the site where you can get the full version. Interesting that Cyanide call it the official version.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hilarious last few posts Very Happy

FUMBBL diplomacy at its finest.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

@Smeat, when using stab as part of a blitz action do you use stab instead of a block. The block cost 1 MA to perform, so the stab should also cost 1 MA. I haven't tested on fumbbl yet, so I can't argue if it have been correctly implemented on fumbbl. Cheers!

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Also notable, a second Frenzy block also counts as movement, so avoid making GFI blitzes with Frenzy players unless doing so is essential to victory.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Stabbing on a blitz action does indeed need a point of MA for the blitz. I think Zara slipped on a GFI for the rescuing stab once in one of my games... Plus: If it wasn't that way, a Stab blitz would have further reach than a blitz action used to block - that would be pretty wrong (unless the assassin throws his knife, but then it should be gone...).

Edit:
notbobby125 wrote:
Also notable, a second Frenzy block also counts as movement, so avoid making GFI blitzes with Frenzy players unless doing so is essential to victory.

Also note that if you need to blitz something (a ball carrier for example) with a Frenzy guy who would get into massive trouble on the second block, you can run a little extra and block on the second GFI to stop Frenzy from working afterwards.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder, does frenzy works with stab?

Jump to: