78 coaches online • Server time: 21:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Madmin

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2014 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So my star blitzer, shown here:
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10087478

for the following team: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=774568

rolled a double 3 for his 3rd skill, and I'm unsure what to get. I was considering either guard or claw before the double, and now it is a double I thought dodge may be nice. He is my primary offensive, CAS-making piece, and I've never coached underworld before, so what skills should I consider and is there any other team advice I could do with? Also I plan not to take piling on, even if I do decide on claw, I just don't believe in ClawPOMB, and if tabletop games have taught me anything, if all else fails I can roll to disbelieve! Very Happy
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2014 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't take piling on, then dodge (and 2 heads later) isn't bad. If you would take po, then jump up would be good. Skipping is sensible too; with GAS access, there's enough good picks not to need doubles at all.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2014 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't want to go the ClawPOMB route take Dodge. Edit: Ninja'd by Sage. Wink
Madmin

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2014 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i don't want PO but i see claw as ok, so would that be a good choice here? Also is their a good enough reason for horns? he does a lot of blitzing.

My favourites right now are Dodge, Claw, Horns, Guard.
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2014 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge, is pretty Great for them.

I had 2 with Dodge too https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=654011, and its works realy well.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2014 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion, barring wacky stat rolls, there are only 3 different builds for Skaven blitzers, each of which can benefit from a double:

1) Super Killer: Mighty Blow, Claw, Frenzy, Piling On, Horns, Jump Up

2) Mobile Sweeper: Mighty Blow, Dodge, Claw, Two Heads, Piling On (plus Tackle/ +MA)

3) Mobile Pillar of Strength: Dodge, Guard, Two Heads, Stand Firm (plus Tackle/ +MA / +AV)

Obviously, in all cases, +AG can be taken as an alternative to Two Heads. Also, you should definitely have one of the first two before attempting the second.

Now, in your case, it looks like you've got the #3 type in the works. The other should definitely be a killer. Dodge would help you in the short term, although Jump-Up is quite nice in the long term.

My thoughts on Piling On––
Now, I'm not really a fan of ClawPOMB either, and I don't play with it in any of my other (non-Stunty) teams. But the bottom line is that Underworld is a unique and interesting team, and having highly-efficient killers just fundamentally necessary for Underworld to be played competitively. Why? Because–– between stunty and AV7, Underworld basically give Claw + Mighty Blow to ALL their opponents. Think about that. Goblins can't get general skills, your players hate each other, your rerolls are expensive... When both your hands are tied behind your back, your only recourse is to fall onto your opponent, and a team of evil rats and goblins from down-below is not the place to get moralistic. All other things being equal, I do think that ClawPOMB produces an amount of attrition that is detrimental to other elements of game-play. But things are not equal here–– if you're playing Underworld, you're STILL likely going to be losing the attrition war. It behooves you to catch up.

My thoughts on Jump Up––
So, here's my romantic history of Jump Up: I was initially very skeptical of Jump Up as a skill for blitzers. I always assumed that the offensive and defensive benefits of Dodge are so overwhelming that an extra block and few squares of MA once or twice per game couldn't hold a candle to it. However, Gravir Wildwhiskers skilled up to Legend. He had -AG, which greatly reduced the desirability of Dodge. I decided to try Jump Up. He lasted exactly one game, but I was sold. That rat was DANGEROUS.....

Good luck with your team.
Madmin

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2014 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

In the end I got dodge, thanks for all your help, I think the best direction if I'm not ClawPOMB-ing is getting mobile blitzers
Smeat

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2014 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Madmin wrote:
Well i don't want PO but i see claw as ok, so would that be a good choice here?

Not if you don't want to scare away a lot of Ranked opponents.

As a rule, once you go Claw, you'll only find games by other bashy/ Clawpomber-ish teams.

If you stay away from anything "killer", then similar teams will be happy to not anti-cherry-pick you.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2014 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
Madmin wrote:
Well i don't want PO but i see claw as ok, so would that be a good choice here?

Not if you don't want to scare away a lot of Ranked opponents.

As a rule, once you go Claw, you'll only find games by other bashy/ Clawpomber-ish teams.

If you stay away from anything "killer", then similar teams will be happy to not anti-cherry-pick you.

Strange as claw has most effect against bashy teams.
 Jump to: