40 coaches online • Server time: 15:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

This really irritates me. It affects games.

Basically if you are typing in the chat box (y'know, a very common thing to do) and a dialog pops up whilst you are doing it, then the dialog steals the focus and presses the default option.

I've done this so many times and it makes me want to just concede and stop playing when it interferes with a game.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

ha ha / points

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
This really irritates me. It affects games.

Basically if you are typing in the chat box (y'know, a very common thing to do) and a dialog pops up whilst you are doing it, then the dialog steals the focus and presses the fucking default option.

I've done this so many times and it makes me want to just concede and stop playing when it interferes with a game.

Totally agree. It's super annoying.

A related problem is that whatever text you've got going gets highlighted when this happens, which means that it will get deleted and replaced by the next keystroke if the dialogue box pops up in the middle of a word.

I hate when I've written out a long eloquent sentence and the dialogue box comes up right when I hit enter and all the opponent sees is " . "

Last edited by cameronhawkins on %b %01, %2014 - %00:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe having to check mark an option is better than simply clicking it. This would cause a whole lot of program to be re-written though, I think.

Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

+1
annoys the hell outta me too.

I have changed to only mark during setup phase. That's frustrating for my opponent because it costs time and slows the game but that is just how it is.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

a quick "Just marking players" comment usually is enough for the other coach not to get worried you have disappeared. Most know about the (label/marking) feature and those that don't should be told about it.

But the auto box move thing is annoying I have used RR/Apo before when I would not have bothered etc etc etc...

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, the popup dialog box has gotten me too. Makes me not want to chat during a game anymore.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

+1

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

At the start of one match I was marking my players and pressed "Enter" key to confirm when came the dialogue pop up asking to receive, so I accidentally confirmed it, but I didn't mean to receive, just to mark my player, another annoying occurrence is when you are chatting, press "Enter" to send your sentence and the apothecary pop up appears, you risk to confirm it unwillingly.
An option to disable "Enter" as confirm key would be very appreciated, the pop up should be confirmed only by clicking "yes" or "no".
lemf

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Sooo lucky then
Never happened to me or I haven't noticed
Probably the latter Very Happy
cakalis

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw, it annoys even me, i used rr, apos, bought cards unwillingly doing that and lost my players games ´couse of that. And today looks like i won one. Just question, why did you moved to sideline? you could make it harder moving 1 pace into the field.
I should make an option to disable keybord confirmation, leave just mouse one.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes please. High priority imo.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this a moaning thread? If so can I have a go?

What really annoys me, are players that contribute near to nothing (if anything) to the site/client and then rant as if it's their god given right not to have problems. Especially when they knowingly use language that isn't allowed on the site that will mean an admin will have use their own free time to clean up a forum post and match report. Especially especially when it's done in an unconstructive way.

Much better would be to play 1 or 2 games less, sit down, make a detailed list of the problem and leave a well thought out report in the correct place. As in the case of the OP who has a genuine point, but has done nothing to rectify the problem.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

How convenient, a thread for me to complain about something that just happened to me AGAIN in my last game. I'm typing, as I regularly chat to my opponents, & a non skilled halfling gets KO'd. Now obviously I'm not going to heal this dude, BUT thanks to what the OP mentions...I HEAL HIM! Evil or Very Mad
All because I'm being cordial. PFFT LAMMER! LAMMER I SAY! Evil or Very Mad

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Type slower peoplez! If you stab at the keyboard with 1 finger like me you never run into these issues.

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: