29 coaches online • Server time: 10:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bsking

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, twice in two days I've played, using different computers. In both cases, the client has had massive lag, and kicked me off approximately every 15 minutes.

Has anyone got any idea what the issue might be? The lag seems to occur whenever I need to do some interaction with the server (dice rolls, selecting players etc...)

Luckily in both situations my opponents have been very understanding, but I'm kinda hoping someone might be able to tell me what is wrong so I can stop it happening again!

Cheers!

- Bsking
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are using the same broadband connection with both computers it's either your broadband itself or because you are using a wireless connection. In short we need more info about your set up.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Its the same broadband connection. One was a laptop running via wireless, the other a plugged in desktop computer (wired directly into the router). Broadband working fine otherwise, download speed 11 Mb/s, Upload speed 8 Mb/s.

Additional information - I'm running Java 7.67 on both cpus, and this has started happening in the last week.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Where are you getting the download speed from? I need to know if that is downstream sync rate or throughput? Also who is your isp? BT?

Last edited by Garion on %b %31, %2014 - %22:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The client boots EVERYBODY!

It isn't his connection..

Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no problems. He is talking about bad lag as well not just one drop a game which seems to be something common that's happening to people.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

ISP is Virgin Media. Got the d/l and u/l speed via a download speed checker just now (as had thought that might be the problem). Not sure which of the two it is - sorry! However, rest of the internet (and the site for example!) work fine, it is literally just the Java client that is running slowly.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah okay , that will be throughput then, so that's fine. Might be worth doing again though at the time the problems are occurring if you haven't already. Also if you ever have problems with anything bb related power cycling you router modem is a good idea especially in this age where there are increasingly problems with pool ip addressess being assigned to 2 different end users at the same time etc... Boy do they need to get IPV6 working properly.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers! - Will try power cycling the router next time.

Thanks for the help!
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Ah okay , that will be throughput then, so that's fine. Might be worth doing again though at the time the problems are occurring if you haven't already. Also if you ever have problems with anything bb related power cycling you router modem is a good idea especially in this age where there are increasingly problems with pool ip addressess being assigned to 2 different end users at the same time etc... Boy do they need to get IPV6 working properly.

Heh, never fancied you for much of a techie, Garion. =)
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 I have 30 mbit cable and I have noticed things have been a bit flakey lately. I'd say I never have a gane withou either me or my opponent dropping at least once. Luckily the new client makes reconnecting easy. Things probably wont change unless we donate more!

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
The client boots EVERYBODY!

It isn't his connection..

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: