15 coaches online • Server time: 04:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dominik

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2014 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Rafadavila is a top coach. He shouldnt miss a major in a way like this.
CroixFer

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2014 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

For your information, as far as I can see, early awakening vamps (both teams) play their games tonight at 22h. Do not miss the thrall maimen. Super star players will join our game.

Do not forget your rocks. And aim orcs Wink
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2014 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Slightly edited for brevity & typos:

[22:20] <@PurpleChest> we have 12 finalists applied to the LC challenge stage
[22:21] <@PurpleChest> and one known withdrawal
[22:21] <@PurpleChest> the 3 other teams have been force joined to the group
[22:21] <@PurpleChest> and one has had its post game phase ended.
[22:21] <@PurpleChest> the other 2 have skills pending, and i am not going to pick peoples skills and end their post game.
[22:21] <@PurpleChest> they therefore cannot be drawn into the LC challenge stage
[22:22] <@PurpleChest> this leaves me with 13 qualified teams
[22:22] <@PurpleChest> and swiss format cannot work with odd numbers
[22:22] <@PurpleChest> therefore empty places must be filled with any runners up that applied, priority goes to the beaten finalists of any disqualified or withdrawn teams
[22:23] <@PurpleChest> and thereafter is decided by lottery
[22:23] <@PurpleChest> we have only 1 beaten finalist applied however
[22:23] <@PurpleChest> so xnoelx goes in
[22:23] <@PurpleChest> making me an even number at 14
[22:24] <@PurpleChest> however that means a swiss of 8 and a swiss of 6, which seems odd
[22:24] <@PurpleChest> so instead there will be one huge 14 team swiss
[22:24] <@PurpleChest> and god help us all

So if I lose a quali final I should apply to the main event anyway? Awww... Guess there's lessons to be learned, still.

Dominik wrote:

Well, he shouldn't drop out of his leagues because of missing a blog about a [R] tournament either, but guess what?

Last edited by the_Sage on %b %25, %2014 - %10:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2014 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

This year's LC continues its history of coaches failing to apply, either because they thought they needn't or because they thought they had another week. It was in the announcement/schedule, but as usual, people (me included) don't read thoroughly. Maybe if you put it, bold, in the news post next time? Oh my...
sonrises

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2014 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

...or use a wider variety of communication channels and a very few specific messages throughout the tournament...
Runner up could get into the main event? this is new to me too. Anyway, have fun and good luck to all!

Last edited by sonrises on %b %25, %2014 - %10:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2014 - 10:34
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Dominik wrote:

Well, he shouldn't drop out of his leagues because of missing a blog about a [R] tournament either, but guess what?

That was Favalessa, but I understand your confusion Razz
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2014 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the main draw of the Lustrian Challenge **

Chaos at the start of the Challenge Stage

One team bows out of the Lustrian Challenge, one runner up in qualifier gets put in the Challenge stage and 2 teams got lost on their way to the application kiosk to the Challenge Stage. Once again chaos reigns supreme at the start of a main draw.

Some coaches are scratching their heads, kicking the dirt and calling for PC's head.

So the Challenge Stage is a 14 team single group format. Top 4 teams advance and 10 teams are left in the dust. Because of the format change is playing for ties the right plan in the early rounds?

I think we are going to have one team go 4-0-0 and two teams go 3-0-1 so that just leaves that last spot open. 2-2-0 the right formula to claim that last spot? can 2-1-1 make the final cut?

Lets get to the first round picks.

Nuffle Can Suck It TIE the Departed Geniuses 1-1
Both teams play this opening round match really close to the vest and take very little chances. The suck it crew starts getting shortmanned during the second half forcing the vamps to play for the tie and not risk it so early in the Challenge Stage.

Revolution and I dont Vote WINS over Kurinnurin 2-1

Necros have some inducement money to play with but it is not enough to tilt the balance as the Elfs elf ball the necro scumm off the pitch.

Peachwise Lovers Reborn WIN over Gefaehrliche 2-1

Those rotters are in deep trouble down a pesti and two of their remaining pestigors are chumps in my book. The norse slowly dwindle the Rotters down and the second half shortman them and then lean on them for the win late in the game.

Greenskin Rotters TIE Offenachers Kickers 1-1

Another match were both teams play it close to the vest due to CAS and KO in the second half and neither side risks the chance to lose the match late in second half.

Slim Chance Brigade WINS over Deck of Dragons 3-1

But in the process of this win they take it on the chin and have 3+ players MNG for the second round and puts them in jeopardy going forward. Side bet on this match: 1 of the 5 legends on the Brigade will be KIA in this match.

Smooth EXP WINS over D3str0y3r5 3-1

No sure hands on the CD seals their fate as the woodies get two defensive turnovers turned into scores and they run away with this thing.

Fleetfoots Regenge OVER Ventrue Lords 2-1

Until something crazy happens, on paper the Feetfoots crew is the front runner to win the Challenge Stage. So I will not go out on that skinny branch and pick the upset here. My gut tells me though that if the Fleetfoot start to stumble it will all be because they will be giving up so much inducment money in all 4 matches of the Challenge Stage.

They will be facing a wizard and 2 babes every match (Babes will make the Fleetfoot have to CAS their foes off the pitch in the first half because the babes will almost secure that all KO are coming back for the second half. Those Injury dice rolls can be fickle.)

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2014 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

usually somebody sent a PM with the advice... not in this case, thougth we have a week to play the three games between the main event and the qualis, thats my fault for not reading enougth.
rafadavila

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2014 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

good luck for the main event players
Relezite

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2014 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm. A news bullet PM to the 32 finalists of the qualies once they are known seems like the most straightforward way to make sure everyone's on the same page well in advance.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2014 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

What does the number in brackets next to score mean and where does it come from? 2 (+3) in example of the current leader?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2014 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

That's the tiebreaker. It's the total of TD difference plus half of cas difference.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2014 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

So what do people think will be enough to seal a top four and hence semi final place? Three wins (or 6 points) seems a certainty but I think 5 points i.e. two wins and a draw could be enough if your td diff is good. Thoughts?
CroixFer

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2014 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Where are those chaos And nurgle teams when you need them? We have 3 orc teams in the 4 first positions of the challenge stage. And they seem as the best suited for the final win, even if you don't consider Malmir is the main overall contender....
BlueDevil420

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2014 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Vamps make it to the semi's, only one more spot up for grabs! Well done CroixFer! Very Happy
 Jump to: