42 coaches online • Server time: 13:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vagabond_aeon

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey folks, just joined today and I'm looking to make a team and get some (much needed) practice in for an upcoming tabletop league at our FLGS.

So with that in mind, I had a couple questions:

1) What's the best way to get some practice? I decided to join what looked like the easiest league here, but if someone knows a better way, please let me know.

2) Are having multiple team rosters just sitting there waiting to be played allowed? I've played a couple different teams before on the tabletop - never well, unfortunately - and I'd like to recreate them here I suppose, because while I sucked, I liked them as teams and I'd like to get better with them.

Thanks!
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

this is redundant and most people will tell you "RTFM", like that.
tho, i can tell you: hover the mouse over the word "help" up above, and click on "help" in the white area. there you can start reading.

have fun with the homework Very Happy

...and welcome to FUMBBL.

Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi welcome, just make teams in the ranked division to start off and then go on game finder to get an opponent. Check out the help section, it has lots of great information.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

A couple of things: make a team in the League division and apply to the 145 Club's Rookie League. That's designed for newer coaches. You can join at the bottom of this page.

Second, you can have up to 100 teams in total, across the 4 divisions. So you can have 1 of every race in Blackbox, Ranked & League, plus one of each Stunty Leeg race, and still have some room to spare. Or you could have 100 Ranked Human teams. Whatever you want to do with them.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

This:

http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/LRB6Playbooks.htm

did help me a lot on team developpment and strategies. Some teams have more valuable infos and some have very basic infos but reading trough hit wouldnt hurt.
CharlatanXIV

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

And dont be shy to ask questions, people here are very friendly and willing to help. Bunch of amazing players who can give you great hints!
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

CharlatanXIV wrote:
This:

did help me a lot on team developpment and strategies. Some teams have more valuable infos and some have very basic infos but reading trough hit wouldnt hurt.

Be careful, some of those playbooks are pretty rubbish, Trust only these ones - Humans (written by Joemanji), Norse (written by Carnis), Lizardmen, Wood Elf, Skaven (written by me). The others are pretty poor on the whole. The Khemri, Goblin and Fling ones are okay too if i remember correctly.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm, how about chaos? I tought he nailed it pretty good...
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

If you really want to read a tome on playing, there is also the 1000 Losses Playbook.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

not sure, there are two and I haven't read either.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos consume us. That one helped me a lot
CharlatanXIV

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
If you really want to read a tome on playing, there is also the 1000 Losses Playbook.

Thank you! I will have a look at it for sure.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
CharlatanXIV wrote:
This:

Be careful, some of those playbooks are pretty rubbish, Trust only these ones - Humans (written by Joemanji), Norse (written by Carnis), Lizardmen, Wood Elf, Skaven (written by me). The others are pretty poor on the whole. The Khemri, Goblin and Fling ones are okay too if i remember correctly.

I dunno.... That Lizardman one... clearly written by a nimrod. What the heck's a "saurii" ? Razz
vagabond_aeon

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the replies.

I'll start reading that 1,000 losses book soon. That's something I've been looking for a while now.
 Jump to: