28 coaches online • Server time: 12:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eusebio

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

If it's important enough to be a "rule" then it should be a written (and enforced) rule.

crp, p.7 wrote:
A coach is only allowed four minutes to complete his turn.

everything that exceeds 4 mins is just a concession.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
@koadah, I think for most of us, we are being silly here.

You are absolutely correct that rules should be written.

But, we are talking about "sportsmanship-type" of rules. Not really rules, but what each of us strives for in our own "in-game code of conduct."

I play in a way where I judge another coach by the merits of their team composition and their actual play and then reciprocate appropriately. Fouling non skink stunties when you're up 4-0? I don't have any desire to do so. What point am I proving to myself and the other coach?

But I have to take a step back and say "What works for me might not work for other people and if someone feels the need to depitch with the game in hand, I'll remember that next time and interact the way I see best"

You can't change the wind but you can adjust your sails.
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I like that analogy. In my mind it redeemed the whole post from the debacle that was the first sentence.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
@koadah, I think for most of us, we are being silly here.

You are absolutely correct that rules should be written.

But, we are talking about "sportsmanship-type" of rules. Not really rules, but what each of us strives for in our own "in-game code of conduct."

That is gonna vary from night to night, game to game, division to division, opponent to opponent, team to team.

Not exactly what I'd consider "rules".

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed.

More like "self adjudicated conduct."
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

selfy_74 wrote:
I like that analogy. In my mind it redeemed the whole post from the debacle that was the first sentence.

I like a good attention grabbing lead in Wink

But really not all judgment is bad judgment. If I see a cool player with a bevy of skills I will pay the coach a compliment - or at least make them aware that I'm aware of that player (while i theorize on how I would use such a player). If I see a bunch of bashers with scrubs I'll probably stay quiet about it in the chat and then just get to work on whittling them down or avoiding them completely (both of these things can annoy a bashy coach)

If I see a team where it's nothing but snotlings or a team of gobbos with no Trolls or Secret Weapons, I usually am going to treat that game as a roleplay experience and get into it that way.

last but not least, I just enjoy seeing how other people would do something and measuring it against my thoughts - when I spec I usually opine about what I would do in a situation and see if the coach does it or if the other specs agree with me. It's kind of a judgment but it's not black and white, right or wrong its a comparison to self.

in the end it's the experience and adaptive thinking that i enjoy most about this game.
 Jump to: