25 coaches online • Server time: 02:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Harad

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=780977

Basic chaos team with some block a couple of mighty blows and a ball carrying besatman. Two chaos warriors with block both roll doubles. I'm new with chaos do I take diving tackle on both? Or get the more core skills or what?

I was going to make a pie but there seem to be too many good options.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge, or DT

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently, you should ignore all doubles until you have the kill stack (CPOMB), at which point, Jump Up is your option.

#Optimization #Chaos #Derp

DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
Apparently, you should ignore all doubles until you have the kill stack (CPOMB), at which point, Jump Up is your option.

#Optimization #Chaos #Derp

Perfectly valid though. If you want the double however DT is great for aggravating Elves.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever you do, don't do the following:

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=776051

Harad

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to ask a question, and I don't want the topic to get dragged off. Looking at the best chaos coaches they would seem to choose dodge and not go clawpomb. But I've also watched games with chaos teams which have just clawpombed everyone and been terrified.
Please, I don't want this to end up in a discussion about whether clawpomb is fair or not. I just want to understand, would the best chaos coaches say they are more successful only using clawpomb a little rather than spamming it across the team. Or is carnage the way to go to be good?
DavidAug_019

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump Up or Dodge should be your best bet
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on the coach I guess. In my (very) humble opinion if you go dodge on one you basically need it on everyone. The main issue with CPOMB all menz is that when you run up against a team with tons of guard, if the CAS dice are cold it can be a very long day. I know all the "just find a 2D block and lie down" arguments but that can backfire on occasion.

Chaos are at their best when dominating the opposition through CAS and what have you but you need some tackle/guard etc to help your killers do their thing. There are many different ways to go but I think you need at least some CPOMB players. It is an artificial, self-imposed handicap not having any at all. If that is what you want to do then go for it. But again, there is no valid reason why you shouldn't have any.

So basically if you want to dodge up everyone who doubles then take it. Otherwise go for DT or a normal.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard on both.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly I can confirm that chaos runs into big trouble if they get (and take) many early stat increases and doubles. My very own team didn't get much more competitive that way (except for the ST 6 mino, R.I.P.), but their TV was suddenly at 1300k or something.

I'd still go Dodge for the long-term build, I think.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Guard on both.

this is the best pick. jimmy is correct, but DT is the most fun imo Smile
stupid TV management Evil or Very Mad

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
...stuff... only using clawpomb a little rather than spamming it across the team. Or is carnage the way to go to be good?

I don't think it is as easy as you might think to SPAM it across the team...
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

gamelsetlmatch wrote:
Harad wrote:
...stuff... only using clawpomb a little rather than spamming it across the team. Or is carnage the way to go to be good?

I don't think it is as easy as you might think to SPAM it across the team...

Bill would disagree.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoy my 3x DT CWarriors. =) But then that's on a team that isn't allowed any claw, mb, or po. Then again, my HUBBA chaos are under no such limitations, and yet they have 6 dodge and 2 diving tackle. My advice: go with what seems fun to you. For boring bland optimality, only use doubles on jumpup if you already have piling on, or for dodge on a dedicated baller beast.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing is, just having JU/CPOMB is great when your AV/Cas dice are hot. On those times when they aren't so hot, you'll wish you had some DT to stop those dirty elves running around and scoring on you at will. A balance is better than spamming either. DT won't help you vs Dwarves, CPOMB won't always help vs rats, etc. Some of each is the way forward. Finding exactly the right balance, and then regaining it after one of your CWs die; well, that's the fun.