79 coaches online • Server time: 23:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Will you accept my challenge of PSDM mode?
YES; You win I will retire my team
35%
 35%  [ 19 ]
No Way Jose!!!! I love my pixels, I would never retire them in this fashion
27%
 27%  [ 15 ]
Maybe: Depends on which of my teams you beat, yeah, Iam fickle.
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Pie: Pumpkin season is on the horizon and I love me some pumpkin pie
24%
 24%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 54

PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
So in the Spirit of your PSDM for real!

I would like to point out that if we round up enough coaches in Box to join the PSDM meta group and 8+ of them get a team to win a PSDM gauntlet and are declared Champions.

And they throw that team into the Championship Black Box Brawl Pink Slip Death Match special. Where 7 of the 8 teams are retired when they lose.

I don't know how much more real you can get man.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
yep...
That was your challenge to people out there.
This was mine to you Wink

Well you win the game of chicken because Iam not going to put the Buccaneers on the line. That is the only team I care about.

But then again it is interesting you put up the offer with the Six Hooves and not the Lone Stars.

But that don't matter. What you are talking about is totally different than what Iam talking about with PSDM.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Six Hooves where stuck in a smack like yours so it felt fitting. But you can have Lone Stars too if you want. Wink

Any of my R teams are at your Bucks Disposal.

Mind you I am fan of your team so its quite a scalp Smile (assuming I am not the one handing out the scalp)

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
the_Sage wrote:
Because it's cool. Gets the adrenaline flowing.

Kind of like playing chicken with your car, but with more skill and less dying. I really approve of this initiative.

Wow, slime barons is a real gem of versatility and charm btw. <3 [R]

Might be interesting if you have time to think about it and decide a while before hand and perhaps even better in [R]anked.

Agreed. The format lends itself more for something you agree to, than something that happens to you. I think it would be very cool to run this as a special kind of scheduled smack. Perhaps with 1500TV and 10 games played as a lower limit for entry. Then 8 teams enter, and only 1 comes out alive? The fluff would of course be something like they're murdered/eaten/etc.

Winning such a gauntlet of death would of course come with some extra big bragging rights (especially if you win more than one). Given the considerable risk, it should probably come with some reward as well (perhaps an extra MVP per game, and/or a fan favorite on one player; something of that magnitude).

DukeTyrion wrote:

But, if you hadn't seen this thread and you log in for a [B]lackbox random match-up game and your opponent starts by saying 'If you lose this game, will you retire your team?' I am fairly sure most people will have the same reaction as me, which was 'erm ... nope' Wink

Understandable.

the_Sage wrote:

Having said that, when I play games like Diablo 3, I tend to play most of the time on hardcore mode (one death and your character is deleted), for the very reason of the extra adrenaline, but I also have a normal character for when I want to take it easy and chill out and I specifically decide which to use well before each session.

As for the charm of the Slime Barons, I am glad you like them. They are certainly a different type of build to my other teams like my woodies or rats!

I know you as a coach do play more diverse teams (if not as often as the barons), which is why I did not extend my opinion of the team to my opinion of you.
Azure

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly I do not have much time to play, put I tossed in 7 teams - one has won a major, a few of the others have won brawls. Now, I doubt I will be activating more than once or twice a week for the next few months - but this should add an edge to the games.

Burn Notice (skaven)
Death Upon Us (human)
Elves March On (pro elf)
Embrace Anger (dark elf)
Megaera (Vampire)
North or Be Eaten (Orc)
Tisiphone (Underworld)
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in with all my Box teams. I don't play much box but I'll give this a go.
Currently have 5 teams between 1080 and 1700 tv and I will activate all at once.
Death or Glory!
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure and PaddyMick are in. Are both of you declaring Pink Slip Death Match Mode right off the bat with all your teams you have applied?

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
Sadly I do not have much time to play, put I tossed in 7 teams - one has won a major, a few of the others have won brawls. Now, I doubt I will be activating more than once or twice a week for the next few months - but this should add an edge to the games.

Burn Notice (skaven)
Death Upon Us (human)
Elves March On (pro elf)
Embrace Anger (dark elf)
Megaera (Vampire)
North or Be Eaten (Orc)
Tisiphone (Underworld)

u sir have balls of steel!
Heres to Burn Notice making it!

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

There are two reasons I think this a good box meta group.

1)It fits with the fluff of box

2)It eliminates any of the "picker" stuff from the PSDM gauntlet.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
Six Hooves where stuck in a smack like yours so it felt fitting. But you can have Lone Stars too if you want. Wink

Any of my R teams are at your Bucks Disposal.

Mind you I am fan of your team so its quite a scalp Smile (assuming I am not the one handing out the scalp)

While I love this huge challenge and the concept of one of these epic teams taking the other's scalp, I do have two major issues with it:

-What makes the Bucs so cool is that they're humans. What makes 6 Hooves Under and Lone Stars cool is that they win stuff. Not exactly a level challenge.

-Painstate has only 1 real team he cares about. You have several. Not exactly on par either.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

** Programing change **

If you apply your team(s) to Pink Slip Death Match that by default means you have declared and are attempting to run the gauntlet.

Win 5 before you lose one and a Tie is a push and does not count, just stays your hand from hitting the retire button.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Azure and PaddyMick are in. Are both of you declaring Pink Slip Death Match Mode right off the bat with all your teams you have applied?

yep
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
yep...
That was your challenge to people out there.
This was mine to you Wink

Oooo, this just got interesting.......

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

5 teams of mine applied !
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

quite the load of blocks in the reply to Qaz' challenge, no? Smile

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
 Jump to: