54 coaches online • Server time: 14:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2014 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I always start my Nurgle teams with 2 rerolls, beast, 4 warriors, 1 pestigor.

First couple of times I did it I started very well maybe about 70% winrate first 10 games, later attempts have been less successful though so it's probably more dice dependant than most teams/builds.

You definitely have to be very careful in which order you move players and throw blocks, ideally you should only do a couple of blocks each turn that you will re-roll, for the rest you should accept both downs and skulls and save the re-rolls.

If your opponent just swarms you every turn then you pretty much just have to hope that you break his armour before you run out of re-rolls. Very annoying.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2014 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
I always start my Nurgle teams with 2 rerolls, beast, 4 warriors, 1 pestigor.

First couple of times I did it I started very well maybe about 70% winrate first 10 games, later attempts have been less successful though so it's probably more dice dependant than most teams/builds.

You definitely have to be very careful in which order you move players and throw blocks, ideally you should only do a couple of blocks each turn that you will re-roll, for the rest you should accept both downs and skulls and save the re-rolls.

If your opponent just swarms you every turn then you pretty much just have to hope that you break his armour before you run out of re-rolls. Very annoying.

Spot on.

2 rerolls, beast, 4 warriors, 1 pestigor is the best start really.
I have tried 2 rerolls, 4 warriors, 3 pestigors but that was trading short term effectiveness for long term efficiency.
Not a lot of options for Nurgz sadly - they always suck early.

Lizardmen have to go with the team mentioned earlier, 2 RR is fine for them.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2014 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
The 3 RR would be quite important to me. On the other hand, 3 Nurgle Warriors are a poor number to start with because defensively you can't create a balance of strengh road blocks on both sides with only 3 players and the big guy is always a bit of a wild card.

Don't be afraid of asymmetric defenses. Most teams after about Turn 2 end up aso anyway. So 3 NW's, 3 Pesti's & 3 RR's works just fine while you save up to get NW #4.

More to the point, Nurgle needs a LOT of development before they start to cook. And they start with zero team skills - no block, no dodge, no ballhandling, nada. So get your 3 RR early while they're cheap, and buy up your positional later.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2014 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizardmen are fine with no krox 3 rr, I like that roster as I want to score with the Saurii