39 coaches online • Server time: 08:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2014 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I always start my Nurgle teams with 2 rerolls, beast, 4 warriors, 1 pestigor.

First couple of times I did it I started very well maybe about 70% winrate first 10 games, later attempts have been less successful though so it's probably more dice dependant than most teams/builds.

You definitely have to be very careful in which order you move players and throw blocks, ideally you should only do a couple of blocks each turn that you will re-roll, for the rest you should accept both downs and skulls and save the re-rolls.

If your opponent just swarms you every turn then you pretty much just have to hope that you break his armour before you run out of re-rolls. Very annoying.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2014 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
I always start my Nurgle teams with 2 rerolls, beast, 4 warriors, 1 pestigor.

First couple of times I did it I started very well maybe about 70% winrate first 10 games, later attempts have been less successful though so it's probably more dice dependant than most teams/builds.

You definitely have to be very careful in which order you move players and throw blocks, ideally you should only do a couple of blocks each turn that you will re-roll, for the rest you should accept both downs and skulls and save the re-rolls.

If your opponent just swarms you every turn then you pretty much just have to hope that you break his armour before you run out of re-rolls. Very annoying.

Spot on.

2 rerolls, beast, 4 warriors, 1 pestigor is the best start really.
I have tried 2 rerolls, 4 warriors, 3 pestigors but that was trading short term effectiveness for long term efficiency.
Not a lot of options for Nurgz sadly - they always suck early.

Lizardmen have to go with the team mentioned earlier, 2 RR is fine for them.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2014 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
The 3 RR would be quite important to me. On the other hand, 3 Nurgle Warriors are a poor number to start with because defensively you can't create a balance of strengh road blocks on both sides with only 3 players and the big guy is always a bit of a wild card.

Don't be afraid of asymmetric defenses. Most teams after about Turn 2 end up aso anyway. So 3 NW's, 3 Pesti's & 3 RR's works just fine while you save up to get NW #4.

More to the point, Nurgle needs a LOT of development before they start to cook. And they start with zero team skills - no block, no dodge, no ballhandling, nada. So get your 3 RR early while they're cheap, and buy up your positional later.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2014 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizardmen are fine with no krox 3 rr, I like that roster as I want to score with the Saurii